£2120 pp price difference

PurpleMoonlight

Next time book late and if you don't get the meal sitting you want, take along a couple of hundred pre-printed fliers asking if someone would like to swap early to late. Take 10 minutes to leaflet a floor, and wait to be inundated with the response, as there are bound to be people who want to swap as they will be on their "wrong" sitting.

If you want to guarantee success, offer a reward. Bound to be cheaper than what you have paid.

P&O may not like it, but there is nothing in their t&cs to prevent you.

Between what I paid and the current Saver fare (allowing for OBC).

So delighted P&O will profit from me by £4240 essentially just so that I can guarantee the first dining sitting.

Makes you think ......

Yes it does.

This summer the reductions with the Saver fares on our Azura cruise weren't too much and I don't believe there were many of them, and for our forthcoming Christmas cruise the Saver fares are still above what we booked in September 2013. However, those may be examples of cruises that turned out to be popular.

Is this a Caribbean fly-cruise?

They only charge it if people are willing to pay it - we wouldn't, but obviously some people do.

Although, it's all relative I suppose: if its a month long trip in a suite it's not bad, if is a week in an inside room then it's ridiculous!

Edited by Cloudyrain

Yes it does.

This summer the reductions with the Saver fares on our Azura cruise weren't too much and I don't believe there were many of them, and for our forthcoming Christmas cruise the Saver fares are still above what we booked in September 2013. However, those may be examples of cruises that turned out to be popular.

Is this a Caribbean fly-cruise?

No the reductions were not high in the summer of 14 on most ships. I would imagine that this cruise being talked about is a pre Christmas fly cruise. These were the ones last year where there were huge reductions

In the summer prices for some cruises never came down at all and were higher than the very early prices. People on other forums were reporting that they were tracking certain cruises and missed out as the price did not come down.

The period leading up to Christmas seems to be the hardest to sell.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by daiB

I understand how frustrating it must be to see such low fares when you've paid full whack but it can work both ways. Currently the cheapest prices for our cruise next year are £1,300pp more than we paid.

Appreciate that may change if there are any late deals but "C'est la vie"

I would imagine that there might be a problem trying to fill that. December across the Atlantic wouldn't appeal to a lot of people, although we wouldn't mind it at all. Plus it's a long cruise.

Prices for our cruise on Oriana in October never came down to much below what we paid, although we were only an inside cabin. Coupled with OBC and free parking, we were always better off. Also, for our cruise on Adonia in april 2015, insides are already sold out and prices are up for the other grades. There are some saver fares which are less in Outside and Balcony.

There seems to be a lot of bad weather round at the moment as well - sounds Horrendous in N America, which must be a bit off putting even for the most seasoned of sailors. There are some cruises I would be very wary of booking unless I could be assured of a fairly central cabin.

The Caribbean fly cruises have been so cheap as well.

It's the Oriana 24 night caribbean cruise out of Southampton on 18th December.

Cabin booked is the deluxe balcony.

Price reduction is approximately 40%.

I think thats a cruise that those that really want to do it will book ahead but it wont appeal that much to people looking for a bargain due to its length, number of sea days and needing people to change their plans for Christmas. Once P&O realised they had capacity and it wasnt being filled they released reduced fares.

Im sure you will still enjoy it and enjoy the Caribbean sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There seems to be a lot of bad weather round at the moment as well - sounds Horrendous in N America, which must be a bit off putting even for the most seasoned of sailors. There are some cruises I would be very wary of booking unless I could be assured of a fairly central cabin.

The Caribbean fly cruises have been so cheap as well.

Don't say that about the weather :eek:, due to do a transatlantic crossing in December and have fingers (and toes) crossed for a reasonable crossing. :)

Did you pay over £5300 per person? I can only find it at £3300ish (balcony, inside outsides are a lot cheaper) or have you seen it cheaper?

I've been keeping my eye on that cruise, seeing if it would drop like oriana xmas cruise last year. I think it's duration is off putting to a lot of people, can't get time off etc, plus so many sea days.

Don't say that about the weather :eek:, due to do a transatlantic crossing in December and have fingers (and toes) crossed for a reasonable crossing. :)

Which ship will you be on?

We did a TA at the end of November last year and it was smooth as anything! Actually smoother than some of the nights in the Caribbean.

We're doing it again in December, but sailing even further south this time (from the Canaries) so shouldn't be a problem either!

Which ship will you be on?

We did a TA at the end of November last year and it was smooth as anything! Actually smoother than some of the nights in the Caribbean.

We're doing it again in December, but sailing even further south this time (from the Canaries) so shouldn't be a problem either!

QM2, which is built for the crossing but I suppose there are times when even she will rock and roll. We've done a Southern Transatlantic and it was fine. I seem to remember we were able to sit out, albeit briefly, the nearer to Miami we got.

QM2, which is built for the crossing but I suppose there are times when even she will rock and roll. We've done a Southern Transatlantic and it was fine. I seem to remember we were able to sit out, albeit briefly, the nearer to Miami we got.

Ah, so a north Atlantic crossing I'm guessing then?

Ours last year was from Madeira across to BVI and it was fine weather all the way across, and able to sit out and enjoy the sunshine!

This year, being even further south, should mean an equally smooth crossing, and even a little better weather!

Ah, so a north Atlantic crossing I'm guessing then?

Ours last year was from Madeira across to BVI and it was fine weather all the way across, and able to sit out and enjoy the sunshine!

This year, being even further south, should mean an equally smooth crossing, and even a little better weather!

Yes, sorry should have clarified. Southampton to New York, 4 nights in New York (over Christmas :D) and a flight home. Price too stupid to ignore.