Crystal Blocks

I've got the same issue coming up. I'm due for a block on the second cruise of a B2B. I'm not expecting anything again.

I just got off of the Liberty and hit my block on the last day of my B2B. I told them at the start of my cruise. Reminded them again at the start of the B2B. Was standing at their desk on the last day asking where it was.

I finally got it around 5p.m. on the last day.:rolleyes::p

I just got off of the Liberty and hit my block on the last day of my B2B. I told them at the start of my cruise. Reminded them again at the start of the B2B. Was standing at their desk on the last day asking where it was.

Final visit seemed a little much, did you expect it before last day. :confused:

We qualify for our next one on second to last day. Not as tight a schedule as yours

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Disappointing that you had to be that persistent, but at least you got it.

Don't be afraid to ask!

We hit the 350 mark this last weekend on the Quantum 2 nighter.

Asked the loyalty person, he checked and handed us our Quantum block

Now you get two amenities, so remember to go on Royal's website and choose your second amenity.:)

I must admit the whole block issue is one of the most confusing to everyone involved with RCI. Depending on which ship, which LA and where the moon is on the horizen the answers from the RCI folks seems to change. We have heard so many answers and excuses from the crew while on board we often just sigh and continue to enjoy the voyage.

Royal does a great job with their promotions....on land. For some reason we have found that the communication breaks down somewhere between Miami and the fleet.

• 1 month later...
[ATTACH]335984[/ATTACH]on night 140 this was waiting in our room after dinner! The thing is heavy!!

If you are flying with your block in carry-on luggage, be prepared to have it manually examined.

If you are flying with your block in carry-on luggage, be prepared to have it manually examined.

they will even open and search if it's in your checked luggage. I had mine in my checked bag after the Quantum inaugural and TSA managed to damage the Quantum book and the ship model key chain while digging down for the block. The book looks like they dropped the block on the back because there's a long gouge on it. The ship had it's bow chipped off from being dropped or having something dropped on it. Since everything was safely cushioned by all the dirty laundry, I'm assuming they dropped the block once they found it and it hit the book and the ship key chain.

they will even open and search if it's in your checked luggage. I had mine in my checked bag after the Quantum inaugural and TSA managed to damage the Quantum book and the ship model key chain while digging down for the block. The book looks like they dropped the block on the back because there's a long gouge on it. The ship had it's bow chipped off from being dropped or having something dropped on it. Since everything was safely cushioned by all the dirty laundry, I'm assuming they dropped the block once they found it and it hit the book and the ship key chain.

What a pain, sorry to hear that.

That is sad. Maybe it is best to take it in carry on luggage and at security remove it from luggage as one does for laptops and liquids.

Does quantum block show the bear

Yes, that is strange. Any idea why they flag those for inspection? I thought maybe because it appears to be liquid on the X-ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is strange. Any idea why they flag those for inspection? I thought maybe because it appears to be liquid on the X-ray.
I could do a lot more damage hitting you in the head with that crystal block, than I ever could with a 1 inch blade miniature Swiss army keyring knife that TSA used to confiscate.

I could do a lot more damage hitting you in the head with that crystal block, than I ever could with a 1 inch blade miniature Swiss army keyring knife that TSA used to confiscate.
It's not something that even crossed my mind when carrying it on but you are absolutely right. I'm probably lucky it wasn't confiscated by TSA.

I believe that the block is crystal, so has lead in it. They cannot see through it, so it's suspicious to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is an odd density on Xray, so they inspect it to make sure it is not a dangerous item. Maybe it has a similar XRay density as some explosive. Or maybe they think Thom's 1 inch knife is hidden behind that crystal;).

We bought a smaller etched crystal block as a souvenir in Japan. The clerks so carefully wrapped the item almost like an art in itself. At the airport, security was concerned about that block too. So that pretty wrapping was hastily removed so they could see it was not a dangerous item.