Crystal Blocks

No photos handy, but Royal calls it a Stratum, not a spire.

Sorry--I must have been having a senior moment. :rolleyes::eek::o

I thought it was interesting that the Captain held a Stratum in the case for the photos, but they did not present it to each person/couple.

It looked heavy.

Sorry--I must have been having a senior moment. :rolleyes::eek::o

I thought it was interesting that the Captain held a Stratum in the case for the photos, but they did not present it to each person/couple.

It looked heavy.

I just became Pinnacle a few weeks ago on Liberty (with 9 other people). The Stratum that they used was one for each picture (they passed it to the next person/couple) when we took pictures with the captain.

They will mail us each one with our names on it in about 4 weeks. It is actually lighter then the blocks.

Here's a list of the sold crystal blocks on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=royal+caribbean+crystal+block&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=65737&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1

What ever they sell for, it is a lot less expensive buying one than earning the points, ha. But, it is a lot more fun earning one.

I tried this and it did not happen! The folks on the phone said that since I passed the 140 point due to the "points conversion" that happened a few years ago, that we did not qualify for the 140 points block. We got our first block at 210. I think that this policy is BS but not worth fighting over or losing any sleep.

Just buy the one you need off Ebay.....Then sleep in peace.

I have a Jewel I can trade. What do you have extra?

Hi Cat Girl!

We would love a Jewel block. We have extra Grandeur, Enchantment and Monarch blocks. When will we all cruise again so we can swap?

Just back from an NCL Sky shortie. Had to get away for a few days.

Jewel in three weeks for a 14 day Holiday cruise with Diego. Best to Mo!

R&D

We reached 140 points on Sovereign, but at the time I didn't realize we were supposed to get a crystal block. By the time I learned that should have received a block (through CC of course!), Sovereign was no longer in the fleet. I contacted C&A and they said, "Too bad, we no longer have Sovereign blocks." Anticipating my next question, the rep immediately added "...and you can't get one of any of the other ships you've sailed."

Frankly I don't get it. I always instruct my staff to LOOK for opportunities to satisfy our customers. I guess Royal Caribbean just doesn't share that philosophy.

We reached 140 points on Sovereign, but at the time I didn't realize we were supposed to get a crystal block. By the time I learned that should have received a block (through CC of course!), Sovereign was no longer in the fleet. I contacted C&A and they said, "Too bad, we no longer have Sovereign blocks." Anticipating my next question, the rep immediately added "...and you can't get one of any of the other ships you've sailed."

Frankly I don't get it. I always instruct my staff to LOOK for opportunities to satisfy our customers. I guess Royal Caribbean just doesn't share that philosophy.

This does not make sense to me, as Sovereign left the fleet in 2008 and cruise points did not exist until 2011. Additionally, at the time Sovereign was still in the fleet, blocks were being given out starting at 30 cruise credits (except for Enchantment which gave them at 20 cruise credits), the equivalent of 210 points now.

Edited by clarea

Hi Cat Girl!

We would love a Jewel block. We have extra Grandeur, Enchantment and Monarch blocks. When will we all cruise again so we can swap?

R&D

Sorry to report that Diego broke his wrist (or hand) and is home recuperating. He is due back in January. You will be sailing with Ricardo Mock.

Hi Cat Girl!

R&D

Pumbaamd,

Would you trade a Liberty or Rhapsody for a Monarch? Monarch was the first ship I sailed on in 1994. We can trade via mail.

EMAIL me at markalberthal at gmail dot com

I also am interested in trading. I have several Enchantments from when it was in Baltimore doing the long cruises.

If anyone has info or knowledge on how to set something like this up or if it is somehow possible on here it would be a great resource to a lot of people.

Short Enchantment, or stretched Enchantment?