Crystal Blocks

Look really closely. Yes, the bear is there (use glasses and/or backlight the block so it's clearer) :D

Also, Northstar is hanging off the starboard side and when looking aft you can see the detail of Florider and IFly. Very cool block :)

We don't accumulate them very quickly, so we are still trying to avoid duplicates. :D

Someone posted a photo of their block from Quantum, which I thought looked really neat and different. It has a little tiny bear, and of course, the Northstar arm. But is unlikely that we will sail on the ship anytime soon to receive one. :D

We should get our 1st block on our Anthem cruise next week (:D counting the days! ) - Hoping its like the Quantum one but with a little giraffe instead :)

GIVE AWAY YOUR DUPLICATES.

On a cruise last year we were presented with a block that we already had. We decided to give it to either a new cruiser or a honeymoon cruiser. When we arrived at the social gathering before the Captain's Table we met a couple that were both new to cruising and on their honeymoon. I went back to our cabin, got the block, and gave it to them. They were very appreciative.

About a month later someone approached me in a local 7-11. It was the husband of the couple; he again expressed his appreciation.

Edited by beachnative

GIVE AWAY YOUR DUPLICATES.

On a cruise last year we were presented with a block that we already had. We decided to give it to either a new cruiser or a honeymoon cruiser. When we arrived at the social gathering before the Captain's Table we met a couple that were both new to cruising and on their honeymoon. I went back to our cabin, got the block, and gave it to them. They were very appreciative.

About a month later someone approached me in a local 7-11. It was the husband of the couple; he again expressed his appreciation.

I love that idea. On our first cruise, a couple that we met at the steak house surprised us with a bottle of champaign in our cabin. We were able to send them a thank-you through the pursers desk, as they wouldn't give us their cabin number. Since then if we meet a couple on their honeymoon we pass it on in the same spirit.

It meant a lot to us on our honeymoon and first cruise . We figure it would to someone else too.

• 4 weeks later...

We are at 132 pts. We have never received pins or awards or anything from Royal Caribbean. We used to cruise a lot, then took a hiatus, and now we are cruising again. We should add 84+ more pts in 2015.

How do you get a Crystal Block award (not that they are giving us one)?

And since we, my wife and I, are both diamonds at 132 pts, do we get 1 award or 2?

Thank you in advance for a response.

Your first block will be awarded at 140 points. Spouses in one cabin will receive one crystal block. It will be awarded on the sailing on which you earn your 140th point, and then every 70 points after. You can remind the Loyalty Ambassador onboard that you should be receiving one on the cruise. :)

Edited by Coralc

Is it possible to email the loyalty ambassador prior to a cruise when you should receive a Crystal block?

I have been successful calling Crown & Anchor and asking them to send an email to the ship about the crystal block awards.

Is it possible to email the loyalty ambassador prior to a cruise when you should receive a Crystal block?

I would also visit the LA once onboard the ship and confirm you are on the milestone list.

Call C&A and they will mail it to you.

Yes, we did eventually get it. Our next cruise is on the Navigator next month; we will qualify for our next one. From your report of receiving yours consistently on the Navigator, odds look good to receive it on board. :)

• 4 months later...

Are there any web sites that would allow RC passengers to trade crystal blocks? We have several from one ship, but no block on some of the other ships that we have been on. Would love to trade around the blocks so we could get a whole set.

Are there any web sites that would allow RC passengers to trade crystal blocks? We have several from one ship, but no block on some of the other ships that we have been on. Would love to trade around the blocks so we could get a whole set.

This site here is the only one I've seen where people arrange to trade blocks.

Try posing your request over on the D, D+ and Pinnacle thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2221269&page=283

You could post on the Roll Call thread for any upcoming cruises and see if anyone would like to trade blocks.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

What do you have and what do you need?

I have to trade: a Jewel and Navigator

I need: Adventure, Legend, Rhapsody and Freedom