Crystal Blocks

We will have 140 points on Allure.

I'm sorry I didn't understand your post about turning Diamond+ on Allure since Diamond+ starts at 175 points.

If you are reaching 140 points on that cruise see the LA early on to see if they have you on the list.

I'm sorry I didn't understand your post about turning Diamond+ on Allure since Diamond+ starts at 175 points.

If you are reaching 140 points on that cruise see the LA early on to see if they have you on the list.

Sorry the confusion.

Edited by Shocked91

Our last block we received was on Serenade... this was the ONLY time it was actually handed to us at the top tier event. All others they just leave it in your stateroom. I think handing it out to you is a nice way to honor those who reach a milestone event and not just introducing all the Pinnacles on board.

Good job, Serenade! Now teach the other ships to do the same! :D

Teri

Just got my first one on Serenade. Was told by the Diamond Concierge I had been called at the "top tier" event to get it, which, of course, I was not at; given Serenade has a DL.

Showed up in the cabin the last night with no further adieu.

I am sorry that you missed the event. It's nice.

I don't understand your comment about having access to the Diamond Lounge as being your reason for not attending the top tier event, though.

We got our first on Allure. It was left on the bed in our cabin. They didn't hand them out at the top tier event. In fact, I've never seen them handed out there and we always go. We should be getting our next one on Anthem next year.

I am sorry that you missed the event. It's nice.

I don't understand your comment about having access to the Diamond Lounge as being your reason for not attending the top tier event, though.

The top tier event on my last RCI cruise on Allure was held during normal DL hours just before late dinner, and the DL was also open. Perhaps there was a similar situation on Serenade and the poster went to the DL instead.

We did a B2B on Serenade and received our block during the first week. The LA called the names of about 6-8 couples who were not present. (a little embarassing?)

I think it would be a good idea for someone to give advance notice to people who will be recognized so that they might be present at the event.

The second week only one or two were not there.

Our last block we received was on Serenade... this was the ONLY time it was actually handed to us at the top tier event. All others they just leave it in your stateroom. I think handing it out to you is a nice way to honor those who reach a milestone event and not just introducing all the Pinnacles on board.

Good job, Serenade! Now teach the other ships to do the same! :D

Teri

We are just back from Explorer, and on all 3 cruises, crystal blocks were handed out at the Top Tier event. Photos were taken with the Captain and other officers.

I have been reading this thread and I have gotten myself totally confused. Can someone steer me to how rccl coverted into the new point system? Looking at my history for some 7 day cruises I got one point, but for others I got 2 points. We didn't book any suites but in 2005 we were on the jewel for 8 nights and got one point, but then on 2005 we are 7 days on the navigator and we got 2 points. Extra points for diamonds in December were only for the years of 2010/2011/2012 right? Can anyone shed any light on this?

I have been reading this thread and I have gotten myself totally confused. Can someone steer me to how rccl coverted into the new point system? Looking at my history for some 7 day cruises I got one point, but for others I got 2 points. We didn't book any suites but in 2005 we were on the jewel for 8 nights and got one point, but then on 2005 we are 7 days on the navigator and we got 2 points. Extra points for diamonds in December were only for the years of 2010/2011/2012 right? Can anyone shed any light on this?

Did you have a Junior Suite (or above) on any of them? JS have received double points for quite a while.

I have every sea pass card we used. Weren't the cards marked with a junior suite even in the old days? We're there always "gold" cards, and then ones marked with a js if you had one, and then just regular white cards with your c&a level

January 21, 2011, RCI changed from earning cruise credits to cruise points. You now earn 1 cruise point for each night you cruise and double points if booked in a JS cabin or above.

Credits were earned as follows:

1 cruise credit for completing a cruise

1 cruise credit for cruises of 12+ nights or longer (Jan 2003)

1 cruise credit for being booked in a JS cabin or higher (Jan 2004)

Maximum number of credits for any one sailing was 3.

When they converted cruise credits to cruise points they multiplied by 7 and then added a "fudge factor" RCCL's New C&A Conversion Table

Yes, Diamonds in December happened in the years that you have posted above. Only Diamond and above members received double points for cruises in December.

Edited by cruisenfever

I have every sea pass card we used. Weren't the cards marked with a junior suite even in the old days? We're there always "gold" cards, and then ones marked with a js if you had one, and then just regular white cards with your c&a level

It depended on the ship whether it was marked or not. In 2008 they started to issue Silver SeaPass Cards to those booked in a JS cabin. Gold Cards were for those booked in GS and above.

Your C&A level would be marked on the bottom of each card.

Edited by cruisenfever

I understood how they converted and I have seen this chart before. I think my real question is about the sea pass card colors and markings. How can I determine if I was in a js? I thought they were stamped as such. How they awarded the original points in my case seems to be inconsistent as I understood the point system. Btw they "shorted" me a crystal block so I will be calling them. Wish they had awarded it when due, I surprised my hubby with a crown loft suite so it would have been a nice touch.

You made me go and look. Nope, back then they didn't say suite and they weren't any particular color. We had both GS and JS on several cruises. They did have your C&A level.

I do have a couple of silver cards I thought might be the case. So I may have been in a js and don't remember. Heck we ere just happy to get away while raising 4 kids. Lol

If you remember what deck you were on (the card only lists the last numbers, not the deck #), you can look at deck plans for the individual ship. How many cruises are you concerned about?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After a long wait: Grandeur 14 months post cruise, Quantum 4 months post cruise, I finally received the two blocks via FedEx.

If anyone is owed a block from either of these ships, now would be a good time to "remind" C&A.

After a long wait: Grandeur 14 months post cruise, Quantum 4 months post cruise, I finally received the two blocks via FedEx.

If anyone is owed a block from either of these ships, now would be a good time to "remind" C&A.

Thanks for the update. And Congrats on the blocks. :D:D:D