Crystal Blocks

We never got our "14O" milestone block because we were over that amount when the conversion of points occurred. Last December we reached 219 on Freedom and I waited at Loyalty desk and was told it would be delivered to the cabin, which it was and none were distributed at upper tier party. It's very nice.

We never got our "14O" milestone block because we were over that amount when the conversion of points occurred. Last December we reached 219 on Freedom and I waited at Loyalty desk and was told it would be delivered to the cabin, which it was and none were distributed at upper tier party. It's very nice.

You are correct -- if you had already passed the milestone when the crystal block program began, you are out of luck. Same thing happened to us and a lot of other people. (The crystal block program did start before the point system, however. You got one for every ten cruise credits.)

If you missed getting yours for the 140 point milestone call C&A and they will ship one to you.

I tried this and it did not happen! The folks on the phone said that since I passed the 140 point due to the "points conversion" that happened a few years ago, that we did not qualify for the 140 points block. We got our first block at 210. I think that this policy is BS but not worth fighting over or losing any sleep.

You are correct -- if you had already passed the milestone when the crystal block program began, you are out of luck. Same thing happened to us and a lot of other people. (The crystal block program did start before the point system, however. You got one for every ten cruise credits.)

Not true, I was over the 140 and got my Adventure OTS block. I went to the so called "Loyalty Ambassador" and requested it and got it while on the cruise.

Not true, I was over the 140 and got my Adventure OTS block. I went to the so called "Loyalty Ambassador" and requested it and got it while on the cruise.

You got it because "you" went to the LA and asked for it. Had you not done that, you would not have received a block.:)

You got it because "you" went to the LA and asked for it. Had you not done that, you would not have received a block.:)

Yes, I would because I would have called the C&A desk as I earned it!

And you would have been told what we were told -- if you have already passed the milestone when the program is created, there is no "look back" to give everyone their missed crystal blocks. You took it upon yourself to get one from the LA, which is fine, but the policy was as I stated. FYI, the same thing held true for free cruises after 100 credits/700 points.

I'm a long ways away from getting a block. But I was looking at the C&A points recently and noticed that I should have received a lapel pin.

Now to be completely honest, i don't really want the lapel pin. I'm just curious as to when/how I would have/should have received it.

I'm a long ways away from getting a block. But I was looking at the C&A points recently and noticed that I should have received a lapel pin.

Now to be completely honest, i don't really want the lapel pin. I'm just curious as to when/how I would have/should have received it.

The Loyalty Ambassador usually gives it to you.

If you earned it during your last cruise you will get it on the next cruise. If you should have received it prior to your last cruise, you can call C&A and they will mail you one.

We have always received our Lapel Pins through the mail. My husband wore his once 5-6 years ago on his lapel on Formal night. We did enjoy receiving them though, now, my diamond C&A pendant that my husband bought me on the ship when we turned Diamond.....THAT I cherish and wear EVERY cruise 😉. Sorry to go off topic.

Correct, the extra point for longer cruises was added in 2003, and the extra credit for JS or better was added in 2004.

Hi Clarea,:)

Could you clarify what you mean you get an extra point for longer cruises. We went on a 14 nite cruise in October and only received the 14 points, nothing extra. Then we just went on the Quantum for 12 nites. Not sure if that counts:confused:

I'm curious only because i am 1 point shy of the 210 points for the crystal block when we're on the Freedom cruise this coming October. But the last nite of the cruise would be 210 points

Thank You

Liz:)

Could you clarify what you mean you get an extra point for longer cruises. We went on a 14 nite cruise in October and only received the 14 points, nothing extra. Then we just went on the Quantum for 12 nites. Not sure if that counts:confused:

I'm curious only because i am 1 point shy of the 210 points for the crystal block when we're on the Freedom cruise this coming October. But the last nite of the cruise would be 210 points

Thank You

The extra credit for longer cruises was from Jan 2003 to Jan 2011. After Jan 2011, cruises earned points based on the number of nights, so there was no need to give extra points since longer cruises already got more points.

Thank You

Before January 21, 2011 you earned 1 cruise credit for completing a cruise of 11 nights or less. Now you earn 1 cruise point for each night of your cruise (no matter the length) and those points are doubled if you are in a JS or above.

Your 14 night cruise in October earned you 14 points and your 12 nights on Quantum earned you 12 points.

If you are earning your 210th point anytime during your Freedom cruise, you will get your crystal block. Just remember to remind the Loyalty Ambassador on board.

Edited by cruisenfever

Thank you Clarea, and cruisenfever:),

Unfortunately we will be 1 point shy of the 210 points for the crystal block:p

But next June we will be on the Anthem so that will be a nice crystal block.

We never did receive the block in our cabin when we reached 140 on the Oasis. i had to go to the Loyalty Ambassador and ask for one:rolleyes:. He was a little reluctant to give it to me.

Should i have called C&A to make sure it was noted on our reservation?

Thank You

We are just back from Explorer, and on all 3 cruises, crystal blocks were handed out at the Top Tier event. Photos were taken with the Captain and other officers.

Karen,

Hopefully Radiance will do that in the Spring on the Hawaii cruise. We hit 140 during the cruise and I know Marie would be tickled pink to get it awarded that way. :)

Should i have called C&A to make sure it was noted on our reservation?...

Calling C&A pre-cruise would probably not help. The best thing to do when you have a block coming is to visit the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise and confirm you are on the list for a block.

Thank you Clarea, and cruisenfever:),

Unfortunately we will be 1 point shy of the 210 points for the crystal block:p

But next June we will be on the Anthem so that will be a nice crystal block.

We never did receive the block in our cabin when we reached 140 on the Oasis. i had to go to the Loyalty Ambassador and ask for one:rolleyes:. He was a little reluctant to give it to me.

Should i have called C&A to make sure it was noted on our reservation?

Thank You

We have started scheduling cruises so the block opportunities hit ships we have not sailed. Quite the challenge. We have the next three blocks cruises scheduled. I have to be very careful about any changes or additions.

Calling C&A pre-cruise would probably not help. The best thing to do when you have a block coming is to visit the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise and confirm you are on the list for a block.

I'll check with the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise. Hopefully i'll be on the list and not have to be questioned. Thank You for your help.:)

I still have yet to receive my D+ pins. The rep says to check once on i'm on the ship. Then i check on board and they say to check with C&A:p

We have started scheduling cruises so the block opportunities hit ships we have not sailed. Quite the challenge. We have the next three blocks cruises scheduled. I have to be very careful about any changes or additions.

I know what you mean but i lucked out that it just happened to fall on our Oasis cruise:D

The real challenge comes when your reaching a milestone on the 2nd leg of a B2B. Try explaining the points you currently have, the points you'll have after the 1st leg and the points you'll have during the 2nd leg to reach your milestone. It's not hard to figure out but the LA just doesn't get it. This happened twice so far.

Maybe now that they've split the duties with the sales consultant and the LA things will get better.

The real challenge comes when your reaching a milestone on the 2nd leg of a B2B. Try explaining the points you currently have, the points you'll have after the 1st leg and the points you'll have during the 2nd leg to reach your milestone. It's not hard to figure out but the LA just doesn't get it. This happened twice so far.

Maybe now that they've split the duties with the sales consultant and the LA things will get better.

Happened to me :rolleyes:

Yep, two of those three are second legs. Rhapsody and Serenade. I should be prepared. ;)

Also keep this in mind. When doing 'consecutive cruises', go to guest relations midway on your first leg and remind them that you are B2B. Have them confirm that they know this. They've missed us a couple of times, didn't know we were staying on. It can lead to a bit of confusion and extra visits to GR.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd