Can I change from Traditional Dining to Anytime Dining?

Carol28

For the first time, we are going to try dinner at 6:00.

We are not sure if we are suited to dine so early. If we choose to change to Anytime Dining because we decide that early dining is not for us, can we change? I don't mean going back and forth between traditional and anytime, but making a change for the remainder of the cruise?

A word of caution first, the 6:00 early traditional dining usually is 5:30 or perhaps 5:45, depending on the ship.

If you find that traditional early dining is not for you, just see the Maitre'd and request to be changed to Anytime Dining

Edited by hpeabody

There will be no problem changing from 6:00 pm early seating to anytime dining. There is often a waitlist for the 6:00 pm early seating. If you change to anytime, they will be able to make someone else happy by giving them the early seating they requested.

Just make sure you are sure before you change - you won't be able to change back.

A word of caution first, the 6:00 early traditional dining usually is 5:30 or perhaps 5:45, depending on the ship.

Our experience has been that the 6:00 pm dining is at 6:00 pm, but there may be an additional earlier seating (in a different restaurant obviously) at 5:30 pm. or 5:45 pm. Your cruise reservation will tell you the time you have reserved.

To the OP, Is the later seating (around 8:15 or 8:30) too late for you? That might be an option.

For the first time, we are going to try dinner at 6:00.

We are not sure if we are suited to dine so early. If we choose to change to Anytime Dining because we decide that early dining is not for us, can we change? I don't mean going back and forth between traditional and anytime, but making a change for the remainder of the cruise?

Yes, but it won't be the same dining room. If there is a set dinner time you like and with the same waiter everyday, you can ask the maître 'd to set it up for you and they will try to accommodate.

We usually choose the early dining. We're leaving on the Diamond Jan. 10th and while checking our booking I noticed that for some unknown reason our booking had been changed to anytime. Princess for some unknown reason couldn't change it to early dining because it is wait listed. So, the other party in our group is at early dining and we are at anytime dining. Somthing's gotta give and I suspect that it will be the other party going to anytime with us. However, we're planning to speak politely with the Matri' D after we board. (I didn't spell that right, huh. ;) It's not going to ruin our cruise. It takes a WHOLE lot more for THAT to happen. We're counting down!

Barbara