Majesty to Retire in 2016 per CNNMoney article

So a wave of nostalgia for the happy cruises on Majesty just washed over me. Now for the future---I am rooting for any Radiance Class ship to take her place. I will settle for Navigator, though...or even Mariner. Because big ships like Carnival Dream can get into Key West Harbor, Navigator might be able to negotiate the channel too.

I'm thinking do it now before the prices soar.

I religiously followed Monarch prices when it was announced she was leaving. Prices for Feb/Mar/Apr never went down, and the final month or so went up a little (if I remember right approx 350pp for an interior during the final month after final payment). Monarch still had good sale prices during Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan (the normal'ish $209/$219pp) during the fall & winter months. I now regret not renting a car in Miami and going up to CC to take the Monarch for my only voyage on her, but I opted a b2b on Majesty&Sky 7 day.

But that was 2 years ago, and with the new pricing schemes this year who knows what RCL will do with Majesty. Personally, I have a slot left in Dec15/Jan16 I have not filled yet and have been looking at a couple of options... I think now with this news Majesty has jumped out of the blue to the #1 position for me to consider.

LMaxwell had a long time thread running regarding a Majesty replacement... lots of talk there even months ago regarding Enchantment to KW, and maybe a Voyager Class ship taking over (specifically NoS or AoS).

LMaxwell had a long time thread running regarding a Majesty replacement... lots of talk there even months ago regarding Enchantment to KW, and maybe a Voyager Class ship taking over (specifically NoS or AoS).

Don't forget they had Mariner do a test turn around in the Key West basin back in 2012 on her way to drydock. They didn't do it for fun, so I'm expecting a Voyager class to be the choice. If it's not, then Enchantment seems to be the only other logical choice, since any other Vision class or Radiance class would be a significant decrease in capacity and they aren't about to do that on this cash cow run.

Ohhhhh...!! Very sorry to hear that Majesty will leave Royal... I sailed on her last June and I loved her a lot, but.... because I came on purpose to the Bahamas and for me are so many flight hours to reach America... I ask sorry to all of you but I'm very happy she will coming in Europe and maybe with only one or two hours I'll have a new opportunity in the future for to have a nice cruise onboard her Majesty, also if she will be a Pullmantour ship

I always get sad when a ship retires! Although I've never been on it, I'm sure she is an amazing ship and will be missed very much!

Cycle of life. Out with the old, in with the new

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I expect more moves.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11875-royal-caribbean-and-ctrip-relationship-moving-forward.html

Richard Fain has made statements within the last nine months at the earnings call referring to moving older tonnage out of the RCI fleet. One has to suspect that the Vision class will be used for the partnership with Ctrip if this does in fact move forward. I don't see any other Celebrity ships moving as the Millie class entered service in 2000 and later.

Don't forget they had Mariner do a test turn around in the Key West basin back in 2012 on her way to drydock. They didn't do it for fun, so I'm expecting a Voyager class to be the choice. If it's not, then Enchantment seems to be the only other logical choice, since any other Vision class or Radiance class would be a significant decrease in capacity and they aren't about to do that on this cash cow run.

I had heard that too from a crew member last year which would seem to set up for a Voyager class to take over.

I expect more moves.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11875-royal-caribbean-and-ctrip-relationship-moving-forward.html

Richard Fain has made statements within the last nine months at the earnings call referring to moving older tonnage out of the RCI fleet. One has to suspect that the Vision class will be used for the partnership with Ctrip if this does in fact move forward. I don't see any other Celebrity ships moving as the Millie class entered service in 2000 and later.

Legend moving to Oz/China and possibly being sold in the ear future twas reported on a different thread a well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Legend moving to Oz/China and possibly being sold in the ear future twas reported on a different thread a well

While he didn't out right say it, during the TA two months ago, the Captain said during the Captain's Corner she will be going to Asia "for a long time".;)

After the Majesty retirement the Legend will be the oldest and smallest in the fleet so it makes sense that it would be the next to go.

While he didn't out right say it, during the TA two months ago, the Captain said during the Captain's Corner she will be going to Asia "for a long time".;)

After the Majesty retirement the Legend will be the oldest and smallest in the fleet so it makes sense that it would be the next to go.

Legend is already smaller, as are Splendour and Grandeur. I would think that RCI would want to at least recoup their investment in the refurbishments before they sell them off.

Monarch was our weekend home when she sailed from LA. We've never been on Majesty, but will feel the pain of her fans when she departs the RCI fleet.

Legend is already smaller, as are Splendour and Grandeur. I would think that RCI would want to at least recoup their investment in the refurbishments before they sell them off.

Monarch was our weekend home when she sailed from LA. We've never been on Majesty, but will feel the pain of her fans when she departs the RCI fleet.

No real need to recoup, the value of those ships went up because of it, so they would get their money back.

Im thinking maybe Adventure would be the ideal replacement. its time that there is a better ship than Norwegian Sky out there to do this Itinerary

But what ship will they send to PR?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

For those planning on celebrating MJ's retirement, we have a roll call going already. Come on over and say hello! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2053160

Her "retirement" from the RCI fleet will spell the end of an era for the cruise line.

I totally agree! I'm not digging the way the fleet is going, gigantic ships, and now no Viking Crown Lounges! I think they're getting too far away from their roots, and that's a shame. So I'll keep mostly cruising the Vision and Radiance Class ships until they are all gone.

Edited by DarthGrady

For those planning on celebrating MJ's retirement, we have a roll call going already. Come on over and say hello! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2053160

I totally agree! I'm not digging the way the fleet is going, gigantic ships, and now no Viking Crown Lounges! I think they're getting too far away from their roots, and that's a shame. So I'll keep mostly cruising the Vision and Radiance Class ships until they are all gone.

Thanks for the link. Look forward to chatting with everyone over the next year and half :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But what ship will they send to PR?

Maybe Navigator?

I can't find it personally by Googling, but in the "future Deployment Guessing" thread, it's been reported that Freedom has place holders at PR port for 2016, so maybe PR will get an Freedom Class ship as an upgrade.

Edited... my bad, just found the post on the "Deployment thread". Freedom has a place holder in St Maarten on Sundays, so I guess no way for her to be in Florida on sat or Sunday, therefore the assumption she sails from PR.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44526652&highlight=freedom#post44526652

"It is interesting about FOTS scheduled calls in STM on Sundays. With the investment RCI has in the new terminal at Pt Canaveral I doubt they would replace Freedom with Independence. The exception could be a possibility of Oasis 3 going to Pt Canaveral and then Indy doing short runs from there or Ft Lauderdale."

Edited by Hoopster95