Majesty to Retire in 2016 per CNNMoney article

Aye she was a great ship. We did a 3 night out of Miami when you could log a cruise towards your Diamond status. We did a random any available cabin booking and ended up in the bow of the ship I think in deck 4. Small cabin in comparison what we were used too it seemed and when the anchor was dropped at Coco Cay it woke us up for sure! It was a nice Christmas time cruise with a latin flare for the weekend. :)

Royal is actually transferring the ship to Pullmantur.

The official press release here:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1991943

Royal is actually transferring the ship to Pullmantur.

The official press release here:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1991943

When I said retiring, I meant retiring from the RCI fleet. Yes she is being transferred to to Pullmantur

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bob, i have a very very strong feeling Navigator will be taking her place. Not based on anything I've heard just a gut feeling. :)

I think it would be better for Navigator to take Enchantment's place and Enchantment take Majesty's place. Easier for Enchantment to get into Key West.

Sorry to see her go. It will be interesting to see which ship takes her place.

Well, Oasis 3 should be coming off the assembly line about then. In terms of itnerary - there's bound to be lots of changes due to the changes in the fleet so it likely won't be a 1-1 replacement (but assume one of the Vision class).

Edited by Biker19

Loved the Soverign class ships. Hate to see her go! Need to book another cruise on her....maybe her final voyage. :rolleyes:

We are cruising on Her Majesty next week over Thanksgiving weekend, for our 11th cruise on her and had hoped to be able to cruise on her final sailing -- Unfortunately not to be, it is Passover -- so that won't be happening for us.

We will find a weekend, next February to cruise her for the our final sailing....then look forward to cruising on her replacement.

Several years ago, when Sovereign was moved to Pullmantr, a discussion occurred on one of our Her Majesty sailings about Her Majesty's eventual replacement. Back then the captain felt it would probably be Navigator or another ship from that class -- based on cruiser capacity. The 3/4 day sailings that Her Majesty does are very very profitable and a ship in the Voyager class would increase that profit line.

That would be GREAT!

This makes me so sad. I've been on Majesty 5 times. She's been perfect for short getaways, as well as solo trips--I feel safe and comfortable aboard and I just like the smaller feel. I don't love Enchantment or Brilliance but I hope they will keep a ship with similar itineraries.

I haven't see or heard an official announcement from Royal, but this was in CNN money early this morning. Had one of those sleepless nights. :(

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/FL73093.htm

Thanks to you and your insomnia. This is a topic I'm trying to keep track of in thoughts of possibly joining the party