Mitsugirly's extensive back to belly sun & sky review

mitsugirly

Like I said, I'm not sure why it was in there. Maybe the VIP status? It's only happened 1 other time that I can recall.

Well hello there hounds. We loved the Sun and had an awesome cruise. I hope you have a wonderful 2nd cruise as well. :)

On the Breakaway we had the Elamis products and the house shoes I guess because I ran the M & G, but did not get access to any place special for breakfast or lunch, or invites to parties...

We did take the slippers home and gave them to my parents, who wear some similar...

You should move to Charleston. While my hospital is making those of us in the lab take mandatory leave they are hiring 150 nurses (!). Go figure...

According to NCL website when looking at the deck plans for the Sun their card room is called: Lifestyles Room and is located on Deck 6 in front of the Port forward elevators and across from the photo studio.

But.....sometimes NCL doesn't update their deck plans when the ship goes into dry dock and I have no idea when each occurred.

Harriet

Now that I'm looking at the "blue prints" online, I see that on the opposite side of this, in the atrium, is a play called the "Lifestyle" area. It says it has boards games and such. This must be what another poster was referring to. I really don't remember seeing anything there. Maybe I just missed it (well, obviously I missed it).

I did see that on the blueprint, but didn't notice it when I was there.

On the Breakaway we had the Elamis products and the house shoes I guess because I ran the M & G, but did not get access to any place special for breakfast or lunch, or invites to parties...

We did take the slippers home and gave them to my parents, who wear some similar...

You should move to Charleston. While my hospital is making those of us in the lab take mandatory leave they are hiring 150 nurses (!). Go figure...

Yea, they really didn't interest me (the slippers), so I left them there as a present for the next couple for the room. I hope they enjoy them. :p

My mom lived in Charleston for many years before moving up here to be closer to her children. She had a house on Edisto River and we were down there 1-2 times a year. :) I like the area...150 nurses...wow!!

I did just have a phone interview with someone today for Home Health Nursing to a private client in an "upper class" area here. I'm going in tomorrow to fill out an application and it sounded as if I'm hired? :confused: It was all kind of "weird" to me. :rolleyes:

Next up is Dazzles: A nightclub with a stage for dancing and a bar inside. Accommodates 292 people according to NCL's website...which I find funny since they hold the White Hot party in here for the entire ship if it's bad outside!!!

PB090275%20copy-L.jpg

PB120009%20%283%29%20copy-L.jpg

PB120010%20%283%29%20copy-L.jpg

PB120007%20%283%29%20copy-L.jpg

PB120008%20%283%29%20copy-L.jpg

PB090278%20copy-L.jpg

When you walk out of Dazzles, you walk into a little room with nothing but doors to the restroom before walking into the next bar. I couldn't imagine why they had these 2 doors with a little section (wasted space I thought) until one night I was in Dazzles and decided to walk over to the other bar and noticed how loud both places were but yet with those doors there, you couldn't hear a thing from the other side. Hmmm, mission accomplished by doing this.

PB090106%20copy-L.jpg

Then you come to Windjammers Bar. It accommodates 110 people and it a bar with a little piano area for nightly entertainment. This is also the area that they let you store your carry on bags on the first day.

PB090107%20copy-L.jpg

PB090109%20copy-L.jpg

PB090110%20copy-L.jpg

PB100458%20copy-L.jpg

PB100459%20copy-L.jpg

On one side of this was several conference rooms. I did peak in and take a few pictures, but I didn't take pictures of all of them...I mean after all, they were just conference rooms and I was there to have fun and relax, not think about anything relating to a "work environment".

PB090122%20copy-L.jpg

PB090121%20copy-L.jpg

On the opposite side of Windjammers was the photo gallery area. (This would be the old system of looking at tons of pictures everywhere on the wall for that needle in a haystack that would be your family pictures taken around the ship, at port and so on).

This is also where they sold scrap-booking supplies and books, cameras and accessories, bobble heads and so on.

PB090117%20copy-L.jpg

PB100462%20copy-L.jpg

La Cucina (which was formally called Adagio on this ship) is one of their specialty restaurants for an added charge. It is an Italian restaurant and they charge $15 per person. It accomodates 74 people.

We have eaten here several times on the other ships. I have to say that I usually enjoy the experience and the surroundings on the other ships more than I do the actual food. (I don't really like red sauce, so always get the alfredo). So since we have done this dining venue several times, we did not go this time around. However this is where they took us for the VIP status on the first day for our lunch, so we were able to dine there and that was enough for me.

The area also was accessed on the 5th floor, but you entered an area and walked down the steps to the next floor for the dining. (It was like this on the Sky as well). You would almost miss it if you wasn't looking for it. It reminded me of walking into a stairwell of a building.

PB090111%20copy-L.jpg

PB090112%20copy-L.jpg

PB090101%20copy-L.jpg

PB090099%20copy-L.jpg

PB090100%20copy-L.jpg

PB090102%20copy-L.jpg

My mom does not do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PB090108%20copy-L.jpg

Ships is a box I call them.

PB090116%20copy-L.jpg

PB090118%20copy-L.jpg

PB100460%20copy-L.jpg

PB100461%20copy-L.jpg

I think that was the bar I had to attend the make up drill at....bad info was passed on attending if you had a handicap cabin mate, so I spent 10 min, in a nice air conditioned bar, sipping on the drink of the day, while listening.. :D

Just off to the side after the Photo Gallery, you have the library. We did go inside to browse around, but didn't check anything out at the time because they were closed. I do know that they seem to rotate who works in there for the short amount of hours they are open. (I overheard staff talking about who had "library duty" that time).

PB090120%20copy-L.jpg

PB090119%20copy-L.jpg

It was very pretty in there. They did have locks on the shelf doors, so you did have to wait until someone was there to check out the books. You were allowed in to browse without it being open.

They also had a bookcase that had books on it that were free to take. It was a take one, give one, leave one behind system. :)

So this completes my tour of Deck 6. I will include the Stardust Lounge in with my pictures from Deck 7, since that's the folder I ended up putting them in on my computer when I downloaded them. :)

I'm once again off to work for the night.

I will see everyone tomorrow and continuing on with the ship tour.

When I was on the Sun for 3 days, for those 3 days, each time I did pass the conference room, the new crew members who just came aboard were in it training.....which is good.....:)

Yep, I seen some people in there once too. But for some reason I was thinking maybe they were TA's or something on a tour because they were only there during the port time.

Good for the staff, but not for me (well unless I'm doing my continuing education classes for nursing, which I was told can be done on a cruise ship, then I'd be perfectly happy with that). :D

My mom does not do

I kept looking at this and trying to decide what it meant...does not do...stairs, La Cucina, Italain....until I got to the next post. :p

Stairs well. So you can cut thru thefour seasons dinkng room. Easy peasy.

I figured there was SOME way to get there other than the steps due to having handicap people on the ship and others that can't walk the steps. I just didn't investigate since I'm perfectly fine to walk the steps and really really...did I say really? needed to work off some calories. :p

I think that was the bar I had to attend the make up drill at....bad info was passed on attending if you had a handicap cabin mate, so I spent 10 min, in a nice air conditioned bar, sipping on the drink of the day, while listening.. :D

NICE!!! :D

I was quite surprised at the shower curtain (sorry I'm so late to the dance I had to work overtime today :( )

Anyways, when I was on the SUN in a balcony the curtain was a much sturdier fabric and had boning lengthwise sewn in the curtain about every 7 inches. With the boning it didn't cling at all and I thought that was the most ingenious thing and was wishing I had that for my curtain at home!

Thank you for taking the time to do such a wonderful review and taking such great pictures. Over the past several months there were reviews started and never finished (still not finished from 2 months ago some). People have busy lives and I'm sure you do with a large family, husband and a 6 year old and you still have time do do this. I really appreciate it and thank you very much.

Wow! Thank you for the pictures of the Sun. I sailed her six times many years ago...you pictures bring back great memories and she looks just as beautiful as I remember her to be! Looking forward to reading and seeing the rest!

Coka

Edited by coka

I was quite surprised at the shower curtain (sorry I'm so late to the dance I had to work overtime today :( )

Anyways, when I was on the SUN in a balcony the curtain was a much sturdier fabric and had boning lengthwise sewn in the curtain about every 7 inches. With the boning it didn't cling at all and I thought that was the most ingenious thing and was wishing I had that for my curtain at home!

Nope--no boning in my aft balcony, cabin 9077. I even tried wooden close pins and binder clips. The curtain was so long that neither of the above worked. It was just an extra "meet & greet", only naked:eek:

No boning in my shower curtain. Only 2 magnets, 1 on each end that did nothing but allow the inside and the sides to caress my body. :eek:

Thanks for the marvelous review! My first cruise was on the Sun in 2005 and plan to go to South America in 2016 so the update is appreciated. Sure hope balcony shower curtains hold up til then LOL!

Good luck with the balcony showers. (I still can't believe they have the same type of shower in them as the interiors do). I hope you have a wonderful 2016 cruise. :)

Thank you for taking the time to do such a wonderful review and taking such great pictures. Over the past several months there were reviews started and never finished (still not finished from 2 months ago some). People have busy lives and I'm sure you do with a large family, husband and a 6 year old and you still have time do do this. I really appreciate it and thank you very much.

I have been so busy over the last few months that I must have missed those unfinished reviews. :eek: I wonder what happened. I will never leave anyone hanging...truth be known, it's a little stress relief for me to sit down and do them. It helps me relive those fun times. :p

Wow! Thank you for the pictures of the Sun. I sailed her six times many years ago...you pictures bring back great memories and she looks just as beautiful as I remember her to be! Looking forward to reading and seeing the rest!

Coka

Thanks for joining me in reading the review Coka. Glad you're here. :)

Nope--no boning in my aft balcony, cabin 9077. I even tried wooden close pins and binder clips. The curtain was so long that neither of the above worked. It was just an extra "meet & greet", only naked:eek:

I just couldn't help but laugh at this. :p :D