Die-hard Disney fan cruises the Breeze on 11/8/14 and LOVES it or HATES it???

loveysbydesign

is there a definitive verdict in yet?:confused:

do you love or hate carnival?:o

has carnival added your personal distinction to the collective?:eek:

:cool::cool::cool:

The good thing is, it seems you guys are having a large time, and this cruise with Disney and royal has given you a great cross-section of family oriented cruises and entertainment options. That leaves great promise for you not to turn into a complete cruise snob!

of course its really hard to earn, then turn down all the neato perks you get with senority with one line or the other......

That's all I'm wanting to know myself. Lol

Samantha gave us our flippers and masks so we'd have them when we got out to Turtle Cove. None of us have ever worn flippers before so we were kind of excited ;) Isn't our catamaran just packed with people???

IMG_3370_zps47882301.jpg

IMG_3374_zpsb40aaf8a.jpg

IMG_3375_zpsd1ac0b01.jpg

The crew were super friendly and so much fun! Jordan just had to photobomb our family picture!!!!

Edited by loveysbydesign

We tried on our flippers to make sure they fit and then set them off to the side. It would take a little while to get to Turtle Cove and we didn't want to tromp around the catamaran with the flippers on.

So we headed out of the harbor towards Turtle Cove at Buck Island! I could not believe I was finally going to get to sail on a catamaran and snorkel at the place I have always wanted to visit even since I saw it on tv!

Plus I had the people that I loved the most in the world right there with me. I was so thankful to be sharing this experience with them.

I really can not even express how I was feeling in words. I was ecstatic, thrilled, so happy, it almost seemed surreal. I know that may seem funny or odd to some of you, but for some reason I was really overwhelmed with emotions. Just thinking about it now brings tears to my eyes.

I walked up to the very front of that catamaran, looped my arm around the railing and enjoyed the sunshine and breeze in my face and the water spritzing my toes.

Here are some pics. on the ride out!

IMG_3372_zps6a084927.jpg

IMG_3373_zpsb6948f10.jpg

IMG_3379_zpsd19d99ba.jpg

IMG_3380_zps64329b47.jpg

IMG_3387_zps1baf27b7.jpg

I thought about how amazing it must be to live in St. Thomas and work on a catamaran! It was so neat to hear the crew's stories about how they ended up having that job and I even asked if I could stay on and become a member of the crew ;) They said they'd welcome me with open arms. Of course I know that will never happen, at least not in this lifetime but it's nice to know I'd be welcome!

Edited by loveysbydesign

Our first cruise was also on the Wonder but it was in 02. Have done numerous Carnival cruises since than and we are going in the Breeze again next month for the Bloggers cruise. The Breeze is also our favorite ship. We loved the Disney cruise but didn't think we would go back again due to the cost. Our 25th anniversary is coming up and we are cruising to Hawaii with Carnival. However it's four months after. In the meantime we booked a 7 day trip on the Disney Fantasy that leaves the day of our anniversary. Can't wait to get back on a Disney ship and this time it is without our son. We are going kid free and don't care. Who knows one day the circumstances just might find you back in Disney

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hawaii and a Disney cruise and a 25th anniversary? That's great, hope you have lots of fun!:) Breeze was our 25th anniversary cruise.

You may be right that I find myself back on Disney one day, but it would probably be without my DH. :eek::p:)

OP, we once did a catamaran excursion in St. Thomas, too and it was a wonderful experience.

Heather

Between the military, govt jobs and my wife being a teacher there were many years we never had a vacation. When I retired two years ago I said there's no reason we can't travel now so we do at least one cruise a year

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You've got the right attitude! Enjoy. :)

Heather

I gotta pretty good idea.....

judging from the smiles, and grins ( and knowing how much my young'uns now 29 and 24 enjoyed cruising )

I'd say that although you are still a big Disney fan.....

That you'd likely cruise Carnival again!:)

we are getting packed ourselves for a cruise next week!;)

When I booked this excursion all the kids were looking forward to it. They can all swim and my youngest is a fish, he loves the water and it is so hard to get him out of the pool, waterpark, ocean etc. He also loves to wear goggles and snorkel even when there really is nothing to look at!

We got into the water and everyone seemed fine! The older kids and I jumped in from the catamaran...kerplunk!! The water was the perfect temperature! Hubby and 7 y.o. Ryan opted to descend into the water using the stairs. I had brought along our old Kodak Playsport camera, it is waterproof but does not take the best pics., but I figured I'd use it anyway

002_zpse71f890b.jpg

003_zpsad5eca8f.jpg

004_zps278dbe0e.jpg

005_zps6a8c179a.jpg

011_zpsee0d869a.jpg

016_zpse21431fc.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

I am loving the postings...I am going in April on the Breeze and I can't wait lol does anyone have any suggestions on booking flights? which is better MIA or FLL? and when should I get the tickets? I am reading wait until around 54 but I would like some advice?

I am loving the postings...I am going in April on the Breeze and I can't wait lol does anyone have any suggestions on booking flights? which is better MIA or FLL? and when should I get the tickets? I am reading wait until around 54 but I would like some advice?

It doesn't matter whether you fly into MIA or FLL. Whichever gives you the better deal including luggage fees is the way to go. We prefer Southwest out of Philadelphia to FLL. We check the rates when they open and if it's a busy time of the year, we book it. You can easily get a shuttle to the Miami port. I would fly in the day before and you then have the option to stay near the airport or the cruise port depending upon how early you fly in and your own personal preference. Good luck.

they might be done and on the way home?

This cruise was in early November of 2014.

Other than the bully during embarkation, so far it appears the OP is having a good time. Of course there is no telling what happens in the following days.

the eye in the sky says they are having a fun day at sea, heading towards grand turk

GRAND TURK!:eek: only place I have ever been where I was glad to be back on board for the CHEAP! drinks:o

wow a bud light 12 oz bottle and a strawberry margarita in a solo cup was like 20 beans in GT, good drink though but expensitory!

So we're in the water floating around and everything was fine.

Then all of the sudden my youngest is having all kinds of issues. His mouthpiece won't fit right, his vest is too puffy...ugh! I almost brought along the kids sized snorkel we have but figured they'd have kid sized ones. Then he looks down into the water and realizes he can not touch the bottom and freaks out!!!!!

We talk calmly to him and try and get him to be quiet. I'm thinking to myself this is the same kids who loves any type of water activity and hates to get out of the pool or ocean and he chooses now to flip out.

We finally get him calm and he clings to Dad. We un-inflate his vest a little so it's out of his face and he uses the pool noodle. We swim over to the rest of our thankfully small group so we can listen and see this different things they show us, yellow snapper fish(which we find out later he thought his brother told him the fish were gonna snap at him!), a hermit crab. starfish, parrotfish and then finally we see some sea turtles.

He is fine for a awhile then someone says, look a stingray and he flips out again. Eek!

Eventually he is ok but by then we only have another 10 minutes left til we head back on the catamaran. We did get to see 4 sea turtles and one if them even surfaced near us, but I did not get a shot of that one :( Even though Ryan was a bit scared we did enjoy it and I would LOVE to do it again in the future.

The crew did say that is is common for people who love the water, esp. kids to get upset when they realize they can not touch the bottom.

022_zps42b5cbda.jpg

030_zpseb9d7280.jpg

033_zps9aff7b0f.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign