Die-hard Disney fan cruises the Breeze on 11/8/14 and LOVES it or HATES it???

loveysbydesign

Great review, Thanks! Can't wait to read more. Booked for Breeze in June. Have sailed the Dream previously (sister ship) which felt too crowded, but have heard that Breeze is much better laid out and reduces the crowded effect.

Love the Pics, I too snap literally 1,000's of pics per cruise...thank goodness for digital! Would hate it if I had a film processing bill as big as the entire cruise:eek:! LOL!

I'm so wanting to do a DCL but can't bear to pay the price. Now I'm salivating to try the Breeze. LOL Love this....

We hear ya about Disney's price!:eek:

First thought is, once you try a balcony, you'll always want a balcony!

Carnival, and MSC Divina, offer the most affordable balconies!

Disney is up there with the premier cruise lines for prices! You really have to want to cruise them to pay those prices!

So our suggestion,,,,,,watch the balcony sales on Carnival's Florida based ships and Miami based MSC Divina for 7 day cruises, you'll get your 'best bang for your cruise buck'!:D

Whenever they hit $400. or less for a balcony, grab em!

We usually get 3-4 cruises a year at those balcony prices!:D

To the OP, great pics and review!

Edited by American Bear

So for our 1st sea day we just had to order room service! It was so nice sitting out on the balcony enjoying it.

DSC04716_zpsa644cd39.jpg

We loved the fancy fruit! We did not order too much as we were planning to go to the sea day brunch as well.

DSC04717_zpsdec899ec.jpg

While we sat on the balcony we looked though the FunTimes to see what we wanted to do for the day. There was lots to choose from, but I was happy that I did not feel overwhelmed. One of the reasons we opted for this cruise over Disney, other than cost is that we wanted to relax more. On Disney we always felt like we had to get our monies worth and go to as many activities as possible. The older kids had a great time at the welcome parties the night before and could not wait to meet up with the friends. Thankfully the older kids clubs do not start activities don't start til around noon so we had them to ourselves all morning, including getting to go to brunch together.

So we decided to go ahead and decorate our cabin doors and then head to brunch!

DSC04718_zpsd554d9e7.jpg

DSC04720_zpsec7bef89.jpg

DSC04721_zpsc2f8d9fd.jpg

DSC04722_zpsa69a8293.jpg

After brunch we headed back to enjoy our balconies before agreeing to take the 7 y.o. up to Waterworks!

Edited by loveysbydesign

I am loving your review and the pictures too!

But please, if there is anything that you think Disney does better don't hide it. Since I have done almost only Carnival there can be things that I don't realize could be better since I don't know how other cruise lines have done a better job.

Glad you enjoyed this cruise and wish you many more happy trips.

But please, if there is anything that you think Disney does better don't hide it. Since I have done almost only Carnival there can be things that I don't realize could be better since I don't know how other cruise lines have done a better job.

All you need to do is go over and peruse the Disney boards where you can read postings from fans whose ring tones are probably the theme from "It's a Small World".

Forgot to add that in regards the the french toast on the 2 ships, Breeze and DCL Dream the Breeze wins hands down! It was light and fluffy and yummy. On Dream it seemed like it was made from some type of pound cake, it was not made from bread, so it was heavy and dense.

Other than that the 2 ships were comparable when it came to brunch. Although I have to say that the mac-n-chs. on the Breeze is to die for!

As far as the waterplay areas on the ships, Disney def. wins for theming, my son loved the Nemo's reef play area. It was great that it is in the shade to shield little ones from the sun but they left the water and lights going after it got dark even though it was not open. It was hard to explain to my 4 y.o. why it was on and he could not go in, he loved it so much he had a tantrum that it was closed, as did other kids I saw wanting to go in during the evening. He also enjoyed the Mickey slide and rode it multiple times.

The rest of us did ride the Aquaduck and while the person at the bottom said our son was tall enough to ride, his hair touched the bottom of the sign, the person at the top would not let him on saying her was too short. Obviously this did not go over well with him or us. He stood in line for 15 minutes and then got told he could not go on. He was going to be riding with my 200 lb. hubby so I don't know why they just did no let him go on :(

The Waterworks on the Breeze was perfect for people of all ages. We saw people of all shapes and sizes and ages enjoying the waterworks. They had 2 small kiddie slides at the bottom and then the 2 big slides at the top. Plus the kids loved the giant water dumper and the smaller buckets that they could dump on unsuspecting people walking underneath. It did get lines for the big slides at times but never more than 10 minutes long and even that was rare. It also closed at sunset and after playing in it for 4 hours on the one sea day our 7 y.o. still did no want to get out ;) My 12 y.o had fun at waterworks as well, her club also met there sometimes. My 15 y.o. did go in it once but that was it for him, he had more important things to do and generally is not a water person. Hubby and I did the slides and played with our youngest, until he asked if he could play with the friend he made instead. We happily obliged and sat and relaxed in the loungers in the sun right above the Waterworks area.

I think in the water play area the Breeze and the Dream are a tie as they are both unique with different things to do, but of course I prefer theme on the Dream and the size of the water area on Carnival. Plus on the Breeze there were tons of places to sit and observe the are while on Disney it was hard to find anywhere to sit and we basically had to stand and watch while the kids played in Nemo's Reef. Not very relaxing for us!

Edited by loveysbydesign

Anxiously waiting for more! I am loving your review!

We are actually debating going on the Breeze or DCL Dream. 6 nights on the Breeze compared to 3 on the Dream, I personally say Breeze but my family is leaning toward DCL. I am hoping your review can sway us all in one direction!

All the details you are providing is great! Thanks!!

"Anxiously waiting for more! I am loving your review!

We are actually debating going on the Breeze or DCL Dream. 6 nights on the Breeze compared to 3 on the Dream, I personally say Breeze but my family is leaning toward DCL. I am hoping your review can sway us all in one direction!

All the details you are providing is great! Thanks!!"

We did a four day on the Disney Dream. It was amazing but the cruise felt so short. We felt like we needed more time to really relax. On a three day cruise you don't even get a sea day so it is nearly impossible to really enjoy the ship. I would suggest doing the Breeze. We haven't been on it yet, but a longer cruise is always better, IMO.

Either way, you will definitely have fun.

Loving the review....I am a die hard DCL fan too.

I just sailed Princess for the first time in Sept and thought it was nice, it was not Disney and the service was not near as good and the shows....well they need to go find some people who know how to sing.

I do like trying other lines as well but I haven't found anything close to DCL yet for us. I don't think the prices are that much higher compared to many other lines ships I have wanted to sail. For me if they are that close, I am going to pick Disney. DcL however often doesn't reduce prices that much if a ship isn't sold out. They will offer it to CM's and TA's to fill it up.

So after relaxing for a bit on the balconies, the older 2 went to their club activities, my 12 y.o was eager to go on the scavenger hunt for the tween club. We left post-it notes and pens in the cabins and the kids were told to leave us one on the mirrors in the room if they went somewhere that was not with their clubs. It worked out great!

We took our youngest up to have a blast at the Waterworks and hubby and I relaxed right nearby in loungers.......aahhhhhhhhh. We watched the hairy chest contest while I finally got to indulge in a frosty drink (never did get one at sail-away) and he got a bucket of his "Cigar beer". The hairy chest contest was actually really hilarious, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Our cruise director was Wee Jimmy and I thought he was funny.

I also snagged us some Guy's burgers and fries...yum.

The 1st 2 days on the ship the fries were not seasoned, which I liked, the next day they has spicy seasoning on them. I just asked for plain ones and they got me ones from a fresh batch! We had a wonderfully relaxing afternoon enjoying the perfectly gorgeous weather.

DSC04732_zpsb11d75ac.jpg

DSC04734_zpsee3134ac.jpg

We saw our daughter and her club while they were doing the scavenger hunt!

DSC04736_zps1d8974b5.jpg

DSC04737_zpsd2bf0309.jpg

Hairy chest contest! The older woman who was picked as one of the judges said she had a fabulous time, it was nice to see her having fun.

DSC04738_zps30cab99f.jpg

DSC04739_zps01d3cb3e.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

[bIG SNIP]On a three day cruise you don't even get a sea day so it is nearly impossible to really enjoy the ship. [sNIP] but a longer cruise is always better, IMO.

That is why after the first couple of cruises my travel companion and I only booked back-to-backs to get a good long time on the ship. So far we have done two 14 day cruises and loved them.

Right now for Carnival I am eyeing the 10 day and 11 day cruises to have a cruise of 21 days.

LONGER IS ALWAYS BETTER!

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger

"Anxiously waiting for more! I am loving your review!

All the details you are providing is great! Thanks!!"

We did a four day on the Disney Dream. It was amazing but the cruise felt so short. We felt like we needed more time to really relax. On a three day cruise you don't even get a sea day so it is nearly impossible to really enjoy the ship. I would suggest doing the Breeze. We haven't been on it yet, but a longer cruise is always better, IMO.

Either way, you will definitely have fun.

ITA that the 4 day cruise feels so short! It's like you just got on and then you have to get off, I don't think I'd ever bother with a 3 night one.

We were able to do 8 nights instead of 7, and get 2 balcony cabins instead of 2 insides, for over 2k less by cruising on the Breeze then what we would have paid for Disney. For us we just could not financially do Disney this time, we were spoiled by the great deals we had gotten previously.

It was VERY difficult for me to go ahead and cancel the 7 night cruise on the Disney Magic, I actually cried.

All you need to do is go over and peruse the Disney boards where you can read postings from fans whose ring tones are probably the theme from "It's a Small World".

These will be dyed-in-the-wool Disney people and will not know enough about Carnival do a proper comparison either.

I am loving this thread because it is telling the type of comparisons that tell me the good and the bad of both cruise lines. And this includes things about Carnival that I would never notice on my own.

I hope to read a lot more in the future.

So for our 1st sea day we basically sat around and did nothing, something I never get to do at home. I actually have a small family child care(6 kids or less each day) so I am in constant motion except during snack, lunch and nap time, plus I volunteer with numerous other things. I have a really hard time just sitting and relaxing.

After 2 hours in the Waterworks I made Ryan come out and got him some pizza and fruit to eat. Then he went back in and played for 2 more hours until it was time to get ready for dinner. We got back to the cabin a bit before 5:00 (The older 2 kiddos knew to be back at the cabin no later than 5:15 so they could get read for dinner too), just in time to watch the sunset from our balconies....beautiful! The colors reflecting off the ocean were breathtaking!

DSC04745_zps3b9f642a.jpg

DSC04764_zpsde164784.jpg

DSC04769_zpsec46831a.jpg

DSC04774_zpse988210a.jpg

DSC04777_zps35f3b4af.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

(The older 2 kiddos knew to be back at the cabin no later than 5:15 so they could get read for dinner too), just in time to watch the sunset from our balconies....beautiful! The colors reflecting off the ocean were breathtaking!

DSC04745_zps3b9f642a.jpg

Once you enjoy that sunset from your private balcony it is hard to go back to a "regular" cabin :>)

Nice photo BTW.

Forgot to add that in regards the the french toast on the 2 ships, Breeze and DCL Dream the Breeze wins hands down! It was light and fluffy and yummy. On Dream it seemed like it was made from some type of pound cake, it was not made from bread, so it was heavy and dense.

Other than that the 2 ships were comparable when it came to brunch. Although I have to say that the mac-n-chs. on the Breeze is to die for!

Enjoying your review. Funny how such a little thing can stick out as a memory. I am a lover of French Toast and Grilled Cheese, and have sampled many of each. Disney parks and resorts use to serve french toast that was made as a loaf. Not the traditional griddle type. It was baked in a loaf pan and then they would slice off pieces and just warm it on the griddle. This made it much heavier, kind of like a cinnamon roll made into french toast. I wonder if Disney cruise is using that type. It was also a lot sweeter.