Why do cruise passengers moan so much ?

lincolnlad

We have been in the MDR second sitting table for 8 on all but one of our cruises and had wonderful table companions. Never had a bad table. Met some moaners around the ship but I am afraid they get short shrift from me.

I love moaners. Makes my day. They never seem to moan again, well not near me.

Oh yes and the ones who say how much they have paid, just a quick, Oh dear, you did not get the deal then, shame. Works a wonder.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I intensely dislike those people who get their pleasure out of proving to others that they got a better deal than the person they are talking to.

As a result, I always reply to anyone who brags about their good deal with the words:

"Really, you paid that much?"

When they then ask how much I paid, I always decline to say on the basis that I don't want them to feel that they did not get a good deal.:D

Snap CM. :) ;)

We have been in the MDR second sitting table for 8 on all but one of our cruises and had wonderful table companions. Never had a bad table. Met some moaners around the ship but I am afraid they get short shrift from me.

Ditto - and Maybe we can join you on a table for 8 on our July cruise on Arcadia next year

You won't get any moans from us 4:)🚢

Having cruised mostly with P & O for the past 15 years

I believe this is big part of the problem, regular P&O passengers get bored with P&O, so their "entertainment" is finding fault and moaning rather than trying other lines and having a some crusing variety.

I intensely dislike those people who get their pleasure out of proving to others that they got a better deal than the person they are talking to.

As a result, I always reply to anyone who brags about their good deal with the words:

"Really, you paid that much?"

When they then ask how much I paid, I always decline to say on the basis that I don't want them to feel that they did not get a good deal.:D

I do exactly the same,:):)

Was on the same cruise as Indiana123, she missed the bit about the 36 hrs of 35ft seas, but hey we didn't hear many moans, in fact the only moaner I heard was a guy who made it plain he was a ' Baltic' member and was doing a back to back cruise staying on and going to the Canaries, his gripe was that he had had a partially obstructed balcony and as he was staying on and due to his status P & O should upgrade him for free on the second cruise. He was huffing and puffing that he wasn't getting the upgrade I just walked off with a smile. As Indaiana says it was a great cruise and interesting due to the weather to say the least.

Was on the same cruise as Indiana123, she missed the bit about the 36 hrs of 35ft seas, but hey we didn't hear many moans, in fact the only moaner I heard was a guy who made it plain he was a ' Baltic' member and was doing a back to back cruise staying on and going to the Canaries, his gripe was that he had had a partially obstructed balcony and as he was staying on and due to his status P & O should upgrade him for free on the second cruise. He was huffing and puffing that he wasn't getting the upgrade I just walked off with a smile. As Indaiana says it was a great cruise and interesting due to the weather to say the least.

So he thinks Baltic members on a back to back should get an upgrade. What a wonderful idea. I am Baltic and do back to backs. Who do I moan to?

:) :) :) :)

Please can we join the non-moaners' tables? We love our cruises, we work and save hard for them and can't afford one every year, so we set out to make the most of them. First day of our last cruise we went down to the MDR for breakfast, full of the joys and looking forward to our holiday and were seated on a table with two couples travelling together. Well, moan! They even savaged each other! By the time they'd finished we were ready to throw ourselves overboard. We cut our breakfast short rather than spend another depressing minute in their company. If they were like that at the start of the first day of the cruise, what must they have been like by the end? I actually felt quite sorry for them.

Sorted it, obvious really. We are all crowded together on a ship and are in close proximity to a heck of a lot more people than we would be at home. This means there is more opportunity to notice moaners and less opportunity to avoid them.

I believe this is big part of the problem, regular P&O passengers get bored with P&O, so their "entertainment" is finding fault and moaning rather than trying other lines and having a some crusing variety.

That may well be right 😀🚢

This thread is making me smile:D

It is giving me ideas.

To be fair, we haven't encountered many moaners or maybe we have just ignored them...but next time, I may just try winding them up even more!

Me too! Wouldn't it be a hoot if two CCers who'd been following this thread adopted the same approach if on a table with some moaners and quite unbeknown to each other? Each trying to out-do the other in terms of outrageously good deals, perks etc. with the moaners looking more and more sick! Could be hilarious! Enough to completely ruin a moaner's holiday!

Edited by kruzseeka

Where is the on line questionnaire, dave?

By email invitation, try this

oops it does not work, they know i have already filled it in.

they were asking questions about lots of stuff including entertainment, food, staff attitudes, do you like formal etc etc

Hi Scriv

We cruise in the Caribbean normally the last full 14 night before the ship returns to the UK, depends on the dates for the Glasgow flight. Over the years we have met many nice people from all walks of life just having a good time the same as us.

How are you getting on with your insoles.

Hi Sanjam!

How are you? Sorry - I have only just seen this post.

I am still using those insoles. They are actually tough and are very comfortable in my shoes and are stopping me from leaning forward when I walk and have helped my low back ache.

However, they obviously change the way I put my feet down and my arthritic knees have now started to play up when I wear them. :(

So I alternate! I did see them still on sale in the gym on Aurora last week. I just hope they are a bit clearer about the after sales guarantee though.

:)

Edited by Scriv

I could think of one or two of those on here who could do with a ban. :) :) No names of course. :) ;)

Hi Dai - Hope I haven't upset you? I don't moan - and I love G&T so I think you are a gentleman of good taste. :)

Edited by Scriv