Seasoned cruisers top 3 ships and why?

cruisefamilyforever

Alright gang, I've noticed a lot of people who post on this site have been on many other cruise lines besides Disney. Obviously posters like Disney but you may have been on other ships you like a lot too.

If you have sailed on at least 3 other lines and several other ships I would love to hear your top three ships and why. Let's focus on the ships not the ports. Please give a couple of reasons why you liked each ship.

Here are my picks:

Disney Dream - Gorgeous ship with incredible service.

Carnival Miracle - First family cruise which was inexpensive and nothing unpleasant happened.

RCI Freedom - Great entertainment and nice open shopping area.

I presume you are looking for ocean cruiselines?

RCI any Radiance Class ship (Radiance, Brilliance, Jewel, Serenade). smaller size, lots of glass with views to outside, nice layout, never feel crowded, seperate adult pool areas.

Would love to say we'll sail Disney again, but find their itineraries limiting.

Disney Dream - 4 night cruises perfect for our schedule, and the specialty restaurant Remy!

Celebrity Solstice - Hot Glass Show (two other "S" class ships have it also)

Oceania Marina - most incredible food selections at the main buffet

e2011, you have a lot of cruise experience so please elaborate on why you liked these ships so much.

LOL... I just saw that you wanted the "why" part! Sorry.

NCL Getaway was the BEST overall food I have ever had on a ship. The regular buffet food was outstanding and the every one of the specialty restaurants (10 on this ship) was excellent!! One of the finest filets I have ever had anywhere on earth was served to me at Cagney's. The entertainment was excellent and the entire ship was amazing! Our Haven two bedroom suite was perfect with a view to die for and the whole Haven experience with private dining for the whole family including kids and the private pool and workout rooms is amazing. It gives you a nice retreat from the masses.

RCCL Oasis. What can you say. The Oasis class are the largest cruise ships on the sea and the tremendous amount of activities, dining and bars make other ships pale in comparison. Contrary to what people might think, the number of guests is very proportional to the size of the ship so it is no more or less crowded than any other ship. 2 flow riders, a carousel, Central Park and amazing food and entertainment. 150 Central Park is a specialty restaurant that rivals Peter Luger in NYC.

Disney Fantasy. What can you say.. Its Disney, its new and its fun. Disney Fantasy and Dream have some of the finest one bedroom suites at sea. I like the Fantasy more only because it is a 7 day and there is the extra pool up front and the water works in the back. Also I like the concierge staff better on Fantasy. And the Zipity Boppity Boutique is a must have for my daughter!

Edited by e2011

Disney Magic--I don't fully agree with some of the changes that were made but find this to be the warmest and friendliest of the Disney ships.

Disney Fantasy--and engineering masterpiece, totally high tech, and the several improvements over the Dream make my vote go to the second of the "new" class. Satellite Falls is delightful.

Celebrity--my only experience with this line is the Infinity. Best food I've had on a ship for MANY years. The ship itself was not amazing, but some aspects of it were. Great Guest Services staff, and the enclosed adult pool area was super for our Alaska tour.

Windstar Wind Surf--Amazing service, food, ports. With only 300 people on board it was incredibly intimate. Open bridge. No nickel and diming. The food was incredible, no lines for anything, never a problem finding a seat where you wanted to sit, great laundry service, and there is NOTHING to compare to sailing along under wind power. Coming into ports, people in the other ships just gawked at our lovely motor yacht (it is classified as the largest motor yacht in the world). From any point in the ship it is never more than a three minute walk to your cabin. We were able to visit ports that the big ships either can't or have to tender to--sometimes miles and miles away ad be bused over.

Disney Magic--good service, loved the midship Cat 3 and spent a lot of time on outer balcony.

Disney Dream--Remy. Enough said.

Edited by ducklite

Disney Magic--I don't fully agree with some of the changes that were made but find this to be the warmest and friendliest of the Disney ships.

Disney Fantasy--and engineering masterpiece' date=' totally high tech, and the several improvements over the Dream make my vote go to the second of the "new" class. Satellite Falls is delightful.

Celebrity--my only experience with this line is the Infinity. Best food I've had on a ship for MANY years. The ship itself was not amazing, but some aspects of it were. Great Guest Services staff, and the enclosed adult pool area was super for our Alaska tour.[/quote']

I completely agree! The Magic is a classic cruise ship with a lot of warmth and character!

Fantasy/Dream - Just a great experience overall.

NCL Epic - Great entertainment, Blue Man Group, Circ-de-Sola, so many dining options. And, a bowling alley! The Japanese Hibachi place was great.

RCL Oasis - Central Park and the Boardwalk. The water show, ziplining, and again so many dining options.

Great comments from everyone so far. I love hearing about other options for my future cruises and I see some definite possibilities. I plan on following my parents footsteps for cruising. They have been on 39 cruises and all have been on a different ship and on many different lines. However, they have never taken a Disney cruise. My dad just isn't interested in the experience and there is no way to change his mind. I think he may have had a bad experience with a mouse when he was a kid or something.

My next scheduled cruise is on the Fantasy, but the following cruise is open at this point. I'm all about the ship experience and the ports are a minimal consideration. The exception would be an Alaskan cruise, which was my plan the last cruise, but I lost the family vote. I actually dropped the hint for the Fantasy after our last cruise on RCI Freedom of the Sea. The vote was unanimous! The next cruise is wide open after that.

HI all!

Interesting thread!

Judging by ships I've sailed on more than once I'd have to say:

NCL Epic (x3) great entertainment, good option for solo passengers.

Also loved Getaway, such a Miami vibe, lovely decor, great food & entertainment.

Freedom of the Seas (x2) ~ love the promenade area, entertainment, size of the ship (I've since done Oasis & Allure) & best CD ever!

Carnival Breeze (x2) ~ just started sailing Carnival on the Dream in 2013

but loved the experience. Breeze has great food options (mostly free), non stop trivia, network tv stations, fun atmosphere & so much to do I had to go back.

I'm a married senior woman usually sailing solo who doesn't utilize the pools or bars so that's where I'm coming from. I did a 3 nt Disney Wonder

cruise to try the line & enjoyed it but wasn't really wowed.

~ Jo ~ :)