Dream Turned Nightmare

Thanks folks for your support. Much appreciated! :)

We have many shades of opinion on here but manage to agree to differ without resorting to putting others down or stir up animosity. Long may that continue! ;)

Edited by kruzseeka

I would not disparage Thomson cruises in any way. We love the ships, the crew and all our fellow cruisers. We have our preferences and as I stated on my review of the Dream, I have never complained before and hate doing so. Keep going all you smaller cruise ships we love them

Well said Kruzseeka I agree with everything you wrote.

I think he is a bored American troll- best ignored lol!

Entirely agree with you Kruzseeka and Flopsy!

Shame that sad people like Mainelycruising - I agree it definitely sounds a US based name Flopsy - has nothing better to do with his/her time than post offensive and ill informed comments on here. Also greatly relieved that, as he/she dislikes Thomson so much, we will never have to endure either him/her on our future Thomson cruises.

Edited by campolady

Keep up the good work Kruzee you are one of the most respected members of this kind forum.

I don't think on all the short years on this forum I have ever had to disagree with any of your posts............ however there is time yet :eek:

Stevie :)

Hang on a minute Stevie......... fall out with you? Now that would be a sad day! ;)

Need to have your humour (and the other usual characters too.....you know who you are... ;)) to keep us all smiling. That's priceless! :D

I would not disparage Thomson cruises in any way. We love the ships, the crew and all our fellow cruisers. We have our preferences and as I stated on my review of the Dream, I have never complained before and hate doing so. Keep going all you smaller cruise ships we love them

No, it wasn't your comments mansej I was referring to regarding being disparaging - it was mainelycruising who frequently comments on Thomson and their customers without any first hand experience of the 'Thomson product' assuming that because the ships are older that is reason enough to question the ability of their passengers to make informed choices inferring we are too easily pleased and not sufficiently discerning.

I have every sympathy with your complaint about your recent cruise - I think all of us on here agree Thomson weren't playing fair with paying customers during your cruise. And you did right to tell us about it in your review. After all it does no one any favours not to be honest about any issues which weren't up to expectations. You were also very fair imo. The difference is - you were there, you know what to expect from a Thomson cruise and also know when that falls short. And we need to know that - it's the purpose of reviews! It doesn't mean you don't value the good bits but you're not blind to things which aren't so good either. But that's the difference - a balanced report from an actual passenger is relevant, but from someone who hasn't been on board.......... :rolleyes:

hang on have I missed a flight or fight ?

may have to look on P & O forum to see if anything happening with "that lot":D

Stevie ;)

Try this one .......

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2136113

:rolleyes:

Wikipeia

Priceless may refer to:

Something so rare, unique or desirable that it transcends normal concepts of price

my beloved one always says that word every Friday after I av been in't pub:cool:

Stevie

Clearly chose my words very well! ;)

Thank you, Kruzeeka for those kind comments. Hope to cruise again 2015.

Pleasure. Best wishes for some exciting and fabulous future cruises. :)

I think I'll be scratching P+O off the list. What a bunch!

They do themselves no favours do they? It almost makes you think some of these people are in the employ of competitors to scare prospective customers off!!! :D Having said that we've done a couple of P&O cruises and not found anyone on board remotely like those posters who come over as very pompous and superior. In fact it has all been very friendly and pleasant. We're off again next month so I go in the hope that we don't meet any of those characters on board! Doubt if I'll be able to hold my tongue if we do though! :D ;)

As usual you know we are behind you Kruzseeka.

I think what makes this forum different is,

yes we will complain when there is something wrong.

We don't always agree and will state our differences,

BUT we don't resort to petty name calling and snide innuendoes.

Long may we continue.;)

Long may we continue.;)

Well put Vera :)

Long may we continue.;)

Thanks happy v and to everyone for all the kind comments. :)

You have summed up my sentiments exactly happy v. That is the strength of this forum - apart from the excellent advice, information and laughs it also provides. I read other forums from time to time and this really stands out as being the most supportive, helpful and crucially really friendly with very little unpleasantness! :)

A ship marketable only to a very small demographic, which seems eager to accept it.

It seems Thomson's has found one. One is reminded of that scene in Fawlty Towers, when the two long-suffering old ladies could find nothing but compliments for the service, when asked by Basil.

Perhaps Thomsons could add the catchy phrase 'Fawlty Cruises' to its logo - with Manuel as the Hotel Manager and Basil as the Captain?

Such intellectual snobbery.

Are you a Mrs. Boo-kay devotee - your favourite TV show would be Keeping Up Appearances I suspect ?