SKY Suite Rant

ProfessorEFFE

Dorene,

Had to answer your post because I was born and raised in Meriden :)Maloney..a long time ago;)

We just had the Sky Suite on the Millenium and the new restaurant, Luminae was wonderful!! Embarkation was the fastest ever, barely slowed at each check point and check-in line for suites was nil. A few minutes there, picked up a sparkling wine as we entered, and walked directly to Luminae for lunch. Had that great burger everyone raves about and just as we considered taking a walk on the deck, the staterooms were ready. Bags arrived an hour or so later. With room service and Blu, the butler, reserved seats for formal night shows, enjoy every one of the Sky Suite perks! Booked the Olympic for our one speciality restaurant, and the Elite hostess gave us another night there, but frankly, we hated to miss Luminae... it is that good. Enjoy every minute, and perk! of your anniversary cruise.

Dorene,

Had to answer your post because I was born and raised in Meriden :)Maloney..a long time ago;)

We just had the Sky Suite on the Millenium and the new restaurant, Luminae was wonderful!! Embarkation was the fastest ever, barely slowed at each check point and check-in line for suites was nil. A few minutes there, picked up a sparkling wine as we entered, and walked directly to Luminae for lunch. Had that great burger everyone raves about and just as we considered taking a walk on the deck, the staterooms were ready. Bags arrived an hour or so later. With room service and Blu, the butler, reserved seats for formal night shows, enjoy every one of the Sky Suite perks! Booked the Olympic for our one speciality restaurant, and the Elite hostess gave us another night there, but frankly, we hated to miss Luminae... it is that good. Enjoy every minute, and perk! of your anniversary cruise.

We are sailing in a Sky suite aft this December. Now that Luminae is fully operational, are suite guest indeed still able to dine in Blu?

HI. I am sure this has been asked a lot before, and it is off topic. I have only sailed in a Haven suite on Ncl, and I am sailing in a SS for the first time on the Summit. (Sooooo Excited!!) Do people tip the butler extra at the end of the week?

HI. I am sure this has been asked a lot before, and it is off topic. I have only sailed in a Haven suite on Ncl, and I am sailing in a SS for the first time on the Summit. (Sooooo Excited!!) Do people tip the butler extra at the end of the week?
We do, but we tip normal stewards a bit more too. Edited by hughdm

We are sailing in a Sky suite aft this December. Now that Luminae is fully operational, are suite guest indeed still able to dine in Blu?

Suite guests can still dine either Blu or the Main dinning room. In Blu it is subject to space which is how it has always been.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

Dorene,

Hello Janet

Thank you for your comments and let me tell you a bit about our City of Meriden :) My daughters both graduated at Maloney, we still have Les's ice cream, Filpek's and Czapika's (fresh keilbasa) Beautiful Hubbard Park, They are redoing the HUB, it is going to be amazing!!!. I live on Curtis, and while the City has changed like most it is still a lovely city.

People on this forum tip literally everyone for everything, so keep that in mind. :)

Your automatic gratuities are higher (by $3.50/pp/pd at least) in a suite and the increased amount goes to the butler. You can decide if you want to give them extra, but they have already been compensated.

Edited by gergles

People on this forum tip literally everyone for everything, so keep that in mind. :)

Your automatic gratuities are higher (by $3.50/pp/pd at least) in a suite and the increased amount goes to the butler. You can decide if you want to give them extra, but they have already been compensated.

we do. $10 per day per couple

At one time there was an aqua spa suite. They have been turned into sky suites. Is there any difference between the the old Aqua class suites and the regular sky suites, decor, bathroom layout, etc.

We were in one before they became S1 cabins. They retain the shower panel that was a feature of the Aqua suite rooms. Slightly different but not much. You can get rooms on the flat of the hump on deck 12 which have no overhang.