One More luggage tag question..

Trich64

We cruise in April on Independence...regarding luggage tags, can I order them if we are in a balcony cabin? I have no problem paying for them.

Yes, if you really want the preprinted luggage tags with the adhesive strips, you can order paper documents for $35. These docs will include luggage tags.

We cruise in April on Independence...regarding luggage tags, can I order them if we are in a balcony cabin? I have no problem paying for them.

For our cruise last week, I printed the tags off on the computer, folded and taped them with wide packing tape on both sides; then I folded them end to end and used a hole punch at the two ends.

When in Fort Lauderdale, I attached them to the handles with small cable ties. This worked really well, was easy to do, and saved me, as Clarea noted, $35 U.S. (I even put one on our carry-on bag, just in case we (I?) misplaced it on board prior to getting our cabin.:rolleyes:

P.S. Before taping the tags, write in the information required so that if the bags should go missing, your pertinent information is there.

PPS. That $35 U.S. can get you a bottle of (very nice) Cordoniu Sparkling wine at dinner one evening. :D

Bill

Edited by spearmint

Yes, if you really want the preprinted luggage tags with the adhesive strips, you can order paper documents for $35. These docs will include luggage tags.

Yes, and if you print and fold your own paper tags instead, for about a third of that cost you can order a set of 8 heavy plastic luggage tag holders that are much more secure and that you can use over and over again!

Amazon Cruise Luggage Tag Holders

Yes, and if you print and fold your own paper tags instead, for about a third of that cost you can order a set of 8 heavy plastic luggage tag holders that are much more secure and that you can use over and over again!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

This way, you get the tag holder and help fund the site.

Before my last cruise I bought the luggage tag holders from Amazon. I am very happy with the purchase

15406012328_63a492d650_c.jpg

I like your countertops. :)

I also ordered those luggage tags and love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is the size of the luggage tags? Can they be printed on a 5x7 piece of paper? I have probably 100 sheets of HP 5x7 photoprint paper (gifts with ink purchase) that would be more durable than regular paper.

The downloadable luggage tags are 11 inches long.

In your cruise documents, which everyone gets for free online, you'll see this document:

i-HzQbdVf.jpg

This is your luggage tag. It's free and you can print as many copies of this page as you need. Why buy and wait for luggage tags?

The downloadable luggage tags are 11 inches long.

Yep, made to print on a regular 8.5 x 11 letter sized paper.

In your cruise documents, which everyone gets for free online, you'll see this document:

i-HzQbdVf.jpg

This is your luggage tag. It's free and you can print as many copies of this page as you need. Why buy and wait for luggage tags?

And note that the completed (folded) tag is 5 layers thick for adequate strength.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

If you get the app PDF Forms you can print your name on your RCI luggage tags. PDF Forms is currently $8.99 but it does go free form time to time. I got it when it was free. I believe it is only available for Apple. If you sign up for appshopper you can have them watch this or any other app for price change notifications.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-forms-fill-sign-annotate/id479202541?mt=8

Shak

• 3 weeks later...
What is the size of the luggage tags? Can they be printed on a 5x7 piece of paper? I have probably 100 sheets of HP 5x7 photoprint paper (gifts with ink purchase) that would be more durable than regular paper.

Since it prints with just one tag per page, don't waste your photopaper on it. If you're not ordering the plastic holders, just print it on paper and follow the instructions. If you're ordering plastic holders, print it, cut out the tag itself, and fold it once and put it in the holder. No photopaper needed.

If you get the app PDF Forms you can print your name on your RCI luggage tags. PDF Forms is currently $8.99 but it does go free form time to time. I got it when it was free. I believe it is only available for Apple. If you sign up for appshopper you can have them watch this or any other app for price change notifications.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-forms-fill-sign-annotate/id479202541?mt=8

Shak

Actually no need for a special program for a PC to be able to print a specific name on the luggage tag.

Here's instructions on how to print a name in the luggage tag:

1. Go to the "Print Document" option for your cruise.

2. Once the "Guest Ticket Booklet" document is on your screen, in the upper right corner is a symbol that looks like a piece of paper with a downward pointing arrow. Click on that.

3. Will get a window with an "Open with" option; click it and then "Browse". Select open with Adobe Reader.

4. Once downloaded in Adobe Reader, go to the page with the printable luggage tags.

5. Click on the "Fill & Sign" option in the upper right portion of the screen.

6. Move your mouse over the area of the luggage tag that reads "Guest Name". A cursor will appear and you can type in a specific name. Can change the name for each cruiser in your party for personalized luggage tags.

7. Print your tags. Be sure when printing to select "current page". Otherwise, you will be printing the entire document!

While this may seem like a bunch of steps, it's actually quick and easy. I personalize them for each cruiser in our party. Of course, no big deal to just write in the name on the tag. ;)

Also, after downloading the "Guest Ticket Booklet" document, it can then be saved on my computer. I never print out the entire document, but have it to refer to on my computer if needed.

Actually no need for a special program for a PC to be able to print a specific name on the luggage tag.

Here's instructions on how to print a name in the luggage tag:

1. Go to the "Print Document" option for your cruise.

2. Once the "Guest Ticket Booklet" document is on your screen, in the upper right corner is a symbol that looks like a piece of paper with a downward pointing arrow. Click on that.

3. Will get a window with an "Open with" option; click it and then "Browse". Select open with Adobe Reader.

4. Once downloaded in Adobe Reader, go to the page with the printable luggage tags.

5. Click on the "Fill & Sign" option in the upper right portion of the screen.

6. Move your mouse over the area of the luggage tag that reads "Guest Name". A cursor will appear and you can type in a specific name. Can change the name for each cruiser in your party for personalized luggage tags.

7. Print your tags. Be sure when printing to select "current page". Otherwise, you will be printing the entire document!

While this may seem like a bunch of steps, it's actually quick and easy. I personalize them for each cruiser in our party. Of course, no big deal to just write in the name on the tag. ;)

Also, after downloading the "Guest Ticket Booklet" document, it can then be saved on my computer. I never print out the entire document, but have it to refer to on my computer if needed.

Since I saved my luggage tag PDF form my last cruise I was able to try this out and it worked well.

Thanks

Shak

I printed ours off utilizing full page (8 1/2 x 11) labels that you can buy in any office supply store. I then trimmed them down to their size and had them handy when we arrived at the pier. The porters helped us take the bags out of the car and place the printed tags thru the handles. They worked beautifully.

Another option for you to try if you like.