Beware!!!! If wanting to go to Coco Cay!!!!

Paul, why would a ship have to skip Key West? Weather?

It's very rare for ships to skip Key West but when they do, it's most commonly due to mechanical problems or weather. The main channel coming in has a couple sharp turns and the dredged turning basin in the harbor is pretty tight. Also, once or twice, I've seen ships denied entry due to norovirus.

We are about 50% for Coco Cay.

Early years sailing there, we made it every time. Last 3 times, we have miss getting off. Last time they actually disembarked/tendered, then 3 hours later had everyone get back onboard. We were in a class on the ship and got out at noon to find out we could not get to Coco Cay. Nice day, just windy and high waves and was getting worst.

Also, had one cruise where they reversed itinerary (Coco Cay and Nassau) and by doing so, we did get off in Coco Cay.

We have always enjoyed Coco Cay when we have gotten off.

Grandeur and Enchantment were both at Coco Cay last Tuesday. It was very crowded, but fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I've been there with Majesty and Soverign, that was definitely too crowded, especially when trying to get back on the ship. I wonder how it is with Freedom there.

No way that is true. No way. And not being able to get to Coco Cay in the last 3 months? Come on. That one doesn't even make sense.

I'm 10 for 10 at Coco Cay, 4 for 4 at Labadee, 4 for 4 at Great Stirrup Cay, and 1 for 1 at Princess Cays, so I guess I've been very lucky with private islands.

I think I'll book my next stop at Coco Cay when you cruise! Though I am 3 for 3 as well as 2 for 2 at Labadee before it had a dock. I'm hoping in about 100 days to be 2 for 2 for Grand Caymen, I'm nervious of that one because its the only dive I have scheduled for this trip.

We are 0-2 with Coco Cay (once in April and once in March on past cruises). We are trying again next month (February). I figure we will get there eventually so I keep booking cruises until we get to visit the island....my husband just rolls his eyes but seems to have no problem packing to go with me ;)

We knew it was gonna happen, our friend was on NCL the same weekend and they were suppose to go to Stir Up Cay [sic] on Sunday as well. But their captain before they boarded changed Stir Up Cay to Saturday and Nassau to Sunday. So they made it and we didn't.

Disappointed with RCI for this.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Like most others on this post, I agree--Love Coco Cay. Very relaxing day (although one post is correct --the food isn't great). We were there in February and will be going back in April (hope we aren't in the 20%, lol). RCI isn't the only line that has this problem and Coco Cay isn't the only island with the problem. We were on the Voyager in 2013. The ONLY island I was interested in leaving the ship for was Grand Cayman, which is a tender also. Bad weather preventing tendering. We even went to the other side of the island, but it was a no-go. Just one of those things...but we made the best of it since we're more about the ship than we are the itinerary anyway.