Beware!!!! If wanting to go to Coco Cay!!!!

We've missed every so often, but have still made it 80% of the time over the last 5 years.

Same here. Oct 31st weekend was the first time in 3 years we were unable to get into CocoCay. So we have had great odds of getting in. Love CocoCay so really glad most of the time we are able to get into the island. This year alone we were in there 4 other times until we missed the 10/31 due to high winds.

Hope it wasn't the same managers that said they hadn't been able to get supplies for the last 3 months. We were there in Oct. and there was no lack of anything. ;):)

Actually the supplies that guests receive are brought from the ship tendering in.

The supplies that the island resident crew uses are the ones that are delivered by Majesty. Guests would usually never know about that unless asked at the From the Top Q&A by the Captain, etc..; or, are friends with an RCI knowledgeable person.

Edited by Scotty G

We have been there more times than we have missed.

Several years ago we were in the area and saw the crashing surf before the captain announced that we would divert to Nassau.

This past November we sailed on the Enchantment 4 night cruise 11/10/14-11/14/14.

It looked rough on our arrival and I would not have been surprised to hear that we were diverting. However, we were staying!

Tendering was late and slow so we did not get off until after 11:00 as we didn't wish to wait on the long line going down the stairs.

Once we got over to the island it was almost comical to watch other tenders arrive. I guess it could have been dangerous.

We took the last tender back to the ship and it was quite rough. The water did come over the top deck at one point.

We saw some waiters through the ship windows who started clapping and dancing as we made it back to the ship.

While we enjoyed our adventure, I would still need to say that if there is a matter of passenger safety at ANY port of call, be safe!

I think we are just over half for stopping at CC. If you want an almost guarantee for stops at private islands, try Labadee or a Disney cruise that goes to Castaway Cay. They are able to dock there !

Labadee is not a sure thing. We docked there on the Freedom, but never disembarked passengers due to rain that wasn't supposed to stop. Later that day the earthquake hit Haiti.

Knocking on wood...I am 100% for tender ports:

4/4 with Coco Cay (1 November, 2 January, 1 April)

4/4 Big Stirrup Cay (1 August, 2 January, 1 Feb)

3/3 Grand Cayman

1/1 Belize

1/1 St. John (years ago when NCL would tender to St John and then dock in St. Thomas).

We sail in February with a call in Belize, crossing my fingers for sure..that and a few tender ports in Norway in August!

We almost missed Grand Cayman because the surf was so rough. They tendered us from the other side of the island. Some people were very upset because of private excursions booked for pick up on the other side. They had buses waiting to take people across the island though.The beach was wonderful but the surf made it impossible to get in the water. :)

Been to Labadee and Half Moon Cay! Half Moon Cay is our favorite private island but Labadee is wonderful as well!:D

Knocking on wood...I am 100% for tender ports:

4/4 with Coco Cay (1 November, 2 January, 1 April)

4/4 Big Stirrup Cay (1 August, 2 January, 1 Feb)

3/3 Grand Cayman

1/1 Belize

1/1 St. John (years ago when NCL would tender to St John and then dock in St. Thomas).

We sail in February with a call in Belize, crossing my fingers for sure..that and a few tender ports in Norway in August!

We are 100% too but none in the Caribbean. :p :D

2/2 - Lahaina, Maui

2/2 - Kailua Kona, Hawaii

2/2 - Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

1/1 - Santorini, Greece

1/1 - Villefranche, France

Look on the bright side. I had a friend who made it to Coco Cay a few years ago, but then the seas picked up and they could not return to the ship. They brought blankets and food and the group slept on the island.

So they managed to bring stuff from the ship to the island yet they couldn't return passengers to the ship? Never heard of this before!

I'm just off the Enchantment if the seas and what a huge disappointment! If your booking Royal and wanting or planning of going to coco cay don't bet on it we missed the port due to conditions then were told they only get in less than 20% of the time this time of year and haven't been able to get supplies to the island for the last 3 months until we dropped supplies but we couldn't stop.

So beware if your bilking something that has coco cay odds are you won't get to stop. Had I known that prior to booking I would have picked another cruise. Was expensive cruise for 1 port!!!!

Interesting. I was on a cruise last week and we were at Cococay literally one week ago from today (wishing I was back!). We had no problems stopping and, that morning, we watched them for at least two hours before we tendered over as they brought supplies onto the island from both our ship (Grandeur) and the other one docked with us (Enchantment). So I highly doubt that they haven't dropped supplies there in 3 months.

However, I do agree that it can be hard to stop. They did announce that night after we stopped that we were the first cruise in 9 days to stop there. But they HAVE put supplies there in three months. Definitely in the past week. So I don't think whomever told you that knew their facts.

I understand your frustration not being able to stop. We missed Key West the day after and it was disappointing. But it's an 'Act of God' - nothing any of us can do about it.

We stopped there last week but what we did miss was Key West. Coco Cay to me, is overrated. It is my least favorite of all the private islands.

Agree, sorry you missed Key West. I'd rather miss Coco Cay then KW or Nassau. An extra night is Nassau is awesome! We were able to choose (availability of excursions) to our hearts content having missed Coco Cay one cruise.

We just got off Quantum yesterday and missed Cocoa Cay due to rough waters. The Captain gave a talk and told us that since Royal doesn't own the island they can't make any improvements to it like building a breakwater that would improve the wave conditions in the harbor. Not that they haven't asked numerous times. :(