Margaritaville to Debut on Norwegian Cruise Line Ship

LauraS

Has NCL confirmed Margaritaville will be serving food? I had not seen that. They have great nachos :eek: Tobacco Road has excellent food but NCL said they are only putting the bar and not the restaurant on Escape.

So curious. Is this another bar only venue?

Nope, bar and complimentary restaurant.

"Norwegian’s exclusive partnership with Margaritaville

Holdings LLC extends to Norwegian’s island destinations including the new Harvest Caye in Belize and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, as well as other ships in the fleet."

"Norwegian Escape’s Margaritaville restaurant and bar will embody that essence of escapism with a laid back atmosphere inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett. Nostalgic island moments will come to life with a menu that invites guests to take a bite out of paradise with signature items like the Cheeseburger in Paradise and Who's to Blame Margarita. This venue will be one of Norwegian Escape’s many complimentary dining outlets. In addition to the restaurant, Norwegian Escape will feature the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar, a music venue and outdoor bar on The Waterfront. The 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar will feature live nightly performances so guests can enjoy the sounds of the tropics while sipping a signature margarita or “boat drink” and gazing out to the beautiful Caribbean Sea."

http://www.escape.ncl.com/assets/Uploads/NCLPartners-Margaritaville120514.pdf

I vaguely recall when the Norwegian Epic came to see and people on here had posted about how so much corporate sponsorship was involved on the ship that it would have all these signs outside of it like Super 8 Motel and other things. I’ve tried searching for the picture but no luck.

I suppose they’re beneficial to some people who like Margaritaville in the Caribbean but I prefer Carlos N Charlies vibe more so when is that coming to NCL? LOL!! :D:D

For those concerned about Corona disappearing, it will not. If that were to be the case, Grey Goose would’ve disappeared completely from the ship when they announced the partnership with Svedka for the ice bar and Utlimat Vodka for Norwegian’s Night Out. Grey Goose is still there so Corona surely will be.

In all seriousness, if they’re going to add all these partnerships they could at least get a STARBUCKS in there!! Now that’s a partnership I’d love to see happen and fully worth the costs. (I’m sure the New England Dunkin fans will disagree… LOL!!! :p:p)

In all seriousness, if they’re going to add all these partnerships they could at least get a STARBUCKS in there!! Now that’s a partnership I’d love to see happen and fully worth the costs. (I’m sure the New England Dunkin fans will disagree… LOL!!! :p:p)

Groan.

On that note, let's keep ALL chain restaurants off the sea. Initially I was excited about Margaritaville but, you are right, that could easily lead to others.

I am pretty sure I can survive a week without a Starbucks, an Applebees or a Walmart. :rolleyes:

Agreed! After a week on a HAL ship, with HAL coffee, I would have paid a lot of money for some starbucks. Haven't tried NCL coffee yet, but trying to not get my hopes up too high :p

I vaguely recall when the Norwegian Epic came to see and people on here had posted about how so much corporate sponsorship was involved on the ship that it would have all these signs outside of it like Super 8 Motel and other things. I’ve tried searching for the picture but no luck.

norwegian-epig-1.jpg

I really enjoy the Starbucks on the Oasis Class. When I'm onboard Oasis or Allure, I usually visit at least once everyday. The Atrium Cafe on NCL ships is a nice substitute, but sometimes I really crave a familiar frappucchino.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Some folks who wear hats to dine are also making a Statement( like what's on the Hat!!) and some of us are hiding horrible Scars, the result of military wounds...

While others are hiding the fact that they are too lazy to shower or comb their hair:D

While we are at it....lets get Senor Frogs too. This way you can party at Margaritaville and Senor Frogs on the ship and in port walk to Senor Frogs and Margaritaville and continue the party :eek:

Considering I am not crazy about NCL coffee, I actually would like to see a Starbucks or someone that knows how to make coffee :eek:

What about Pizza Hut, Five Guys Burgers and the ultimate seafood restaurant Long John Silvers :eek:

Seriously though. When I cruise I like to leave the land corporate American behind me. I like to be reminded I am at sea. I have been to and done the tourist trap port bars like Senor Frogs and Margaritaville. I would like to see something original. I hope someday we don't see big golden arches floating aft on the next new ship :eek:

Edited by david_sobe

Imagine that! Blue Man Group, too.

Don't forget Burn the Floor, Second City, and Cirque - Can't get any name brand than that on NCL!![emoji16] Plus the Broadway plays, too!!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

Margaritaville in Cancun airport is where I learned how to make my excellent Guac, when it was prepared at the table fresh. I just add my secret garlic ingredient and Wala! I get requests for my Guac at all parties I attend.

Even though I live in San Diego with fresh avacados most of the year no one makes it as good as Margaritaville :D Can't complain about the Margaritas either ;)

CT

Don't forget Burn the Floor, Second City, and Cirque - Can't get any name brand than that on NCL!![emoji16] Plus the Broadway plays, too!!

I really like the broadway plays, although I think it was RCL that started that. Still, I'm glad they did!!

While we are at it....lets get Senor Frogs too. This way you can party at Margaritaville and Senor Frogs on the ship and in port walk to Senor Frogs and Margaritaville and continue the party

Considering I am not crazy about NCL coffee, I actually would like to see a Starbucks or someone that knows how to make coffee. What about Pizza Hut, Five Guys Burgers and the ultimate seafood restaurant Long John Silvers?

Seriously though. When I cruise I like to leave the land corporate American behind me. I like to be reminded I am at sea. I have been to and done the tourist trap port bars like Senor Frogs and Margaritaville. I would like to see something original. I hope someday we don't see big golden arches floating aft on the next new ship

A Starbucks partnership makes perfect sense as a lot of cruisers cannot stand the sludge cruise lines of all kinds hand out for coffee in their regular buffets, restaurants and especially room service. It's a partnership which would enhance guest satisfaction (unless a Dunkin Donuts fan and in that case, ships sludge should be just about fine... :p).. and it would also make sense!

I would prefer a Senor Frogs or Carlos N Charlies over a Margaritaville any day. Margaritaville was late onto the Caribbean party scene where Groupo Anderson was already a stalwart (parent of both SF and CNC). They can sell yards on the ships for $100! The mark up seems about right. NCL is currently selling margaritas for $25 with a glass so what's the taller plastic yard going to cost? $100 it is!! :eek::rolleyes:;)

I was not a fan of the corporate sponsorships that came with Epic and knew it would only lead to more in-roads... Svedka... then Ultimat Vodka on the Breakaway launch for the Norwegian's Night Out. Then Geoffrey Zakarrian's restaurant. Carlo's Bake Shop. Let's not forget the weiners at Spice H2O by Nathan's Hot Dogs. Lavazza has been on ships for years but that partnership hasn't been hyped like all these more recent ones. Also, how could I forget the Robert Mandavi wine partnership... let's see what the future holds. We still don't know that much about Escape's other public venues yet... I'm expecting Teppanyaki sponsored by Panda Express. :rolleyes:

The entertainment coming to sea allows people with no clear Broadway access to see the shows in sometimes scaled back format. RCCL has the more famous Broadway productions whereas NCL seems to go for the not-so-famous ones. Second City should've been dumped years ago. Their standard Jewel-class and older ships routine is so stale - it's shameful. Burn the Floor is a great production and actually the most enjoyable out of most of the shows on Breakaway. Name brand entertainment is not there to sell you something though, it's there to entertain you and is also part of the cruise cost.

Sure Cirque is a markup but that is Cirque for you. Cirque Dreams is in competition with Cirque du Soleil. However, we all know which one is the more famous one (Cirque du Soleil) and a partnership with them to run such performances would cost a fortune on ships... currently they only do that for Zakarrian's seafood restaurant. ;)

I really like the broadway plays, although I think it was RCL that started that. Still, I'm glad they did!!

NCL was the first cruise line to have Broadway shows at sea in 1980. SS Norway debuted with a production of "Hello, Dolly!" that blew everything else out of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A Starbucks partnership makes perfect sense as a lot of cruisers cannot stand the sludge cruise lines of all kinds hand out for coffee in their regular buffets, restaurants and especially room service. It's a partnership which would enhance guest satisfaction (unless a Dunkin Donuts fan and in that case, ships sludge should be just about fine... :p).. and it would also make sense!

I like the Lavazza Brand Coffee. it is good stuff.

When made in massive size vats that hold vast quantitates of coffee for multiple hours it does not matters whos beans you start with, the product is not good.