Playa Mia Royal Carribean

CKMFL

We are cruising on Allure in February. It is the first cruise with our 2 year old daughter. We have been to Cozumel a several times before and know that taxi is not a secure option for traveling with the lo. We are thinking of booking the Royal Carribean Playa Mia excursion. Has anybody booked it? How was the transfer? Coach or small buses ( 10 passengers)?Thanks for your answers

Taxis in Coz are fine for your 2-year old as long as you bring your own car seat - I would tip the driver an extra $ or two for the time spent installing and unistalling the seat. Cab fare to Playa Mia should run about $16+tip for up to 4 passengers in the cab.

Check out the Playa Mia web site - I suspect that you can do this excursion on your own for much less than RCI will charge.

We were there last week but with NCL excursion and were transported on a big comfortable bus. IMHO it is an excellent place to go for all ages. I went with my adult daughter and 2 grandchildren ages 10 and 13 and there were many families there with little ones.

We were there last week but with NCL excursion and were transported on a big comfortable bus. IMHO it is an excellent place to go for all ages. I went with my adult daughter and 2 grandchildren ages 10 and 13 and there were many families there with little ones.

Are towels available at Playa Mia or do you bring one from your ship? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
It looks as though there will be 6 ships in port the day we go to Cozumel. Do you think Playa Mia will be really crowded?

6 ships is an average day for Coz - I would not let the fear of crowds affect my plans.

It looks as though there will be 6 ships in port the day we go to Cozumel. Do you think Playa Mia will be really crowded?

The ship times in port are probably staggered, as are the excursions. I think we were last ship in port and as we arrived in Playa Mia they were paging for one of the ship's passengers that it was time to leave. The same type of announcement was made several times for the various ships during our time there. We were there during the first week of December and it was not busy at all but that was probably one of the off-season weeks.

Thinking about this as an option for our family in two weeks. We have a 3 year old and love the idea of the kids area at the waterpark.

A couple of questions:

--Can we book this privately rather than through the cruiseline? it's about half the price.

--Are there umbrellas/palapas available for shade. My DH is sun sensitive and has to be careful how much time he spends in the sun.

--Can you buy beverages as you go instead of buying the package with the open bar? If so, how much are soft drinks, etc?

Thinking about this as an option for our family in two weeks. We have a 3 year old and love the idea of the kids area at the waterpark.

A couple of questions:

--Can we book this privately rather than through the cruiseline? it's about half the price.

--Are there umbrellas/palapas available for shade. My DH is sun sensitive and has to be careful how much time he spends in the sun.

--Can you buy beverages as you go instead of buying the package with the open bar? If so, how much are soft drinks, etc?

Yes I believe you can book privately. They have several options on their web site.

Yes they have some umbrellas and also palm trees for shade (see attached pic)

Yes you can buy food and beverages as you go but I don't know how much they are

IMG_2162.jpg.8acf0add94b25fbeac7ac68243162276.jpg

A couple of questions:

I don't know if you have read Mitsugirly's review (listed in her signature) of Playa Mia but she has plenty of photos of the beach and the rest of the park including splashground, and a photo of the menu.

We are cruising on Allure in February. It is the first cruise with our 2 year old daughter. We have been to Cozumel a several times before and know that taxi is not a secure option for traveling with the lo. We are thinking of booking the Royal Carribean Playa Mia excursion. Has anybody booked it? How was the transfer? Coach or small buses ( 10 passengers)?Thanks for your answers

We took this excursion about 6 years ago and at the time they were using coach buses. It is a nice beach day with plenty of amenities. Wish I could give you more current info!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you end up booking Playa Mia through Royal Caribbean or doing it on your own? We will be on the Oasis next month and will have our 4 year old daughter and 10 month old son with us and I am trying to decide how to get to Playa Mia.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

We were there the first week of March with our 2 year old and it was great. Definitely would recommend. We booked it through the cruise line and we had the large motor coach type buses. Our little one was a little freaked out by the seaweed in the ocean (kids...:) ) so we spent the day at the waterpark area. There were 6 ships in port that day and the beach area was a bit crowded but the waterpark area wasn't at all. They have a great kids area where the water is only about a foot deep and there are tons of water slides and sprayers for little ones there. It's also right next to the larger pool so were able to do both easily. There are tables and chairs in that area with umbrellas so it was easy to spend the day there.