Checking in online for Quantum-Seapass

swiss2619

I suppose all the new technology connected with Quantum has me a bit confused. I am about to do the online check in for our Sea Pass for Quantum. When i do this, is this the usual standard check in that I have done before or is this a new thing where I have to upload our photos? I'm not so hot at all this technology stuff so Quantum should be way above my knowledge on the tech stuff. Just wondering if the check in for the Sea Pass is the standard I've always done or is it done differently for Quantum now?

thanks,

swiss

Yes, you could do the photo upload but that is optional. You can check in like all other cruises, just know that at the pier you'll take slightly longer to get through if you don't upload it.I don't know the failure rate but a number of folks' uploaded photo is not good enough (or never makes it) and the check in agent at the pier has to retake it anyway.

Edited by Biker19

Don't fret or be afraid. The check in is almost the same as before, except where noted. It say NEW with a little flag or banner.

The 2 new things I remember are uploading the photo. It was rather easy. There is a box to click on, and then another, then you can take the photo. I had nice formal photos of my wife and myself, and held them up to the camera lens on the computer, centered the photo, and used that. It came out very well and was accepted. The other thing that is new, is you have to pick a boarding time. The times go in 30 minute intervals, by groups A, B, C, etc. Don't delay or you might get a very late group.

We uploaded our photos online and they were accepted. For whatever reason, DH's photo had to be retaken at the pier. The agent doing the pier checkin took the photo with the Ipad and it took less than a minute.

You do select a boarding time and groups are assigned based on C&A status. After that, they ask for return flight times. This is the information utilized to assign disembarkation numbers. There will be lots of numbers but do they are called rather quickly. They have more numbers with fewer pieces of luggage at each spot so it is easier to locate your luggage.

We uploaded our photos online and they were accepted. For whatever reason, DH's photo had to be retaken at the pier. The agent doing the pier checkin took the photo with the Ipad and it took less than a minute.

You do select a boarding time and groups are assigned based on C&A status. After that, they ask for return flight times. This is the information utilized to assign disembarkation numbers. There will be lots of numbers but do they are called rather quickly. They have more numbers with fewer pieces of luggage at each spot so it is easier to locate your luggage.

So the groups A B C etc and boarding times are based on C & AStatus and not when you actually check in? How do you know this? Just Curious.

So the groups A B C etc and boarding times are based on C & AStatus and not when you actually check in? How do you know this? Just Curious.

Observation and listening to what was happening on the 11/23 cruise. When I initially did our Set Sail passes, my pass showed D+ and I was Group B. DH's pass that I did at the same time did not show his C&A status and he got Group E - both the same boarding TIME just different Groups. I went back and linked his pass to mine and reprinted. This time his pass showed D+ and Group B. So adding the D+ designation to his info changed the group #. Many on the roll call were relating the same experience.

At the pier I glanced around at the Set Sail Passes in the priority boarding area and most of them had either Group A which I figured were Suites and Pinnacle, or Group B which I figured were D+ and D.

As it turned out it did not matter since for this cruise, they did not call Boarding times or groups in the Priority waiting area..it was just a cattle stampede!

Edited by JMG

Observation and listening to what was happening on the 11/23 cruise. When I initially did our Set Sail passes, my pass showed D+ and I was Group B. DH's pass that I did at the same time did not show his C&A status and he got Group E - both the same boarding TIME just different Groups. I went back and linked his pass to mine and reprinted. This time his pass showed D+ and Group B. So adding the D+ designation to his info changed the group #. Many on the roll call were relating the same experience.

At the pier I glanced around at the Set Sail Passes in the priority boarding area and most of them had either Group A which I figured were Suites and Pinnacle, or Group B which I figured were D+ and D.

As it turned out it did not matter since for this cruise, they did not call Boarding times or groups in the Priority waiting area..it was just a cattle stampede!

JMG

Thanks so much for your explanation. It makes so much sense that they reserve A boarding for Suite Guests and Pinnacle, and B boarding for D and D+.

I am Platinum and was beating myself up that I should have checked in earlier to get a better boarding group. I got C. So based on what you reported and figured out, it all makes sense. Thanks again so much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Please let us know, We too have a 12:45 boarding time with a group B. But will show up at dock about 10:15 that day hoping to get aboard ASAP. 3/1/2015 sailing, Thanks

We had a 11:15 boarding time, arrived at 10:45. They had sections to sit and wait based on your arrival time and we had to wait until 11:15 to board. Not sure if others on the 1/23 sailing experienced this. Maybe we had to wait since others with earlier times were still lined up to board though. I would imagine you will be able to board earlier than 12:45, but I would not "count" on it being as early as you indicate above.

Edited by VaTech8912

Thanks! Want to allow enough time to get there from CT, factoring in traffic, accidents, etc, so will probably arrive early and if we have to wait, we have to wait!

Hopefully, you will arrive and get on early. Just didn't want you disappointed if you had to wait. Enjoy Q, it was a great ship and remember to go with the flow.

We happened to arrive right at our boarding time. Took us 1 hr 45 min from Ct. No traffic as we left home at 9:00 and most work traffic was gone. I really don't think they go by that boarding time. They have this, i was told, so that everyone doesn't come at same time, but I believe you can actually board at any time. The lady in front of me had 12:15 (and mine was 10:45-11:15) and she just walked right through. The whole process of boarding is so much quicker and easier.

I went back and linked his pass to mine and reprinted. This time his pass showed D+ and Group B. So adding the D+ designation to his info changed the group #.

How do you 'link' the Seapasses? Is there a field in the online Check process to do this? I am a different C&A level to my daughter and would prefer we board together of course - I don't want to mess up the online check in.

thanks

Don't fret or be afraid. The check in is almost the same as before, except where noted. It say NEW with a little flag or banner.

The 2 new things I remember are uploading the photo. It was rather easy. There is a box to click on, and then another, then you can take the photo. I had nice formal photos of my wife and myself, and held them up to the camera lens on the computer, centered the photo, and used that. It came out very well and was accepted. The other thing that is new, is you have to pick a boarding time. The times go in 30 minute intervals, by groups A, B, C, etc. Don't delay or you might get a very late group.

Very happy to have seen this. I wouldn't normally have ever checked in this soon, but I did it yesterday as soon as I read this and got an 11:15 boarding time. :)