Just off the Indy- People are rude.

ETOPS

Every Cruise......one time there was a pretty good crowd working their way up to the bar to order drinks, when this woman starts pushing her way to the front saying "Excuse me, excuse me, it's alright...I'm D+, I cruise all the time....excuse me)

You can find examples on every cruise....We just like to have a good laugh over it...some people!

(BTW, we're D+ and have stayed in a GS our last 8-9 cruises)

Edited by B-52

And speaking of rude, dpostman might want to reconsider his/her rant. I had a Hummer that got better mileage than my crossover. I park in handicapped spaces because I have a disability. And If I leave the engine running it's for a good reason. Rude behavior also includes berating people you don't know based on you own stereotyped biases.

I should have included that Hummer drivers are also Hypersensitive. tomatoes.gif

Now just to explain myself. Sorry, I could't help myself. I should have been more clear about hummer drivers without a disability permit parking in handicap spaces. In all fairness, I drive a Jeep, and as a Jeep driver, it will always be OPEN SEASON on hummer drivers. So it was not meant as a rant but more as a Poke in the ribs. With all the CC members/readers, I knew that there had to be at least a few hummer drivers out there.:D

I am part of a few other forums where rib poking is the norm, so posts like that are expected. I'll try to mind my manners better on this forum ;)

dp

Absolutely. But it does make me cringe/laugh when someone makes a big deal out of their status.

I do think though for whatever reason people feel entitled when they are on a cruise and rude behavior is more common. Maybe it's because they think they paid so much, earned their status, or will never see these people again. Most people are absolutely awesome. But if I try to remember some of the most selfish and rude behavior I have encountered, most will have occurred on a cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see too much rude and selfish behavior everyday at work from our customers, to say that most of the rude and selfish behavior I have seen occurred on a cruise ship. I do believe that rude and selfish people in their everyday life, 'take it up a notch' on a cruise ship because they have the philosophy that 'they won't see these people again -- so what'. It's like, 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas' to them.

This is Royal's way of controlling the problem - they book all the rude, verbally abusive pax on the Indy only.

All the other ships have nothing but pleasantries from everyone. Lots of rainbows, and unicorns, and hugs all around.

:D

Now you tell me. It is too late to cancel my Indy cruise coming up in February.:mad:;)

Moral of the thread...there are mean and nasty people everywhere and there are nice and kind people everywhere too. I try hard not to let the nasty ones ruin a vacation. They are the ones who always have something to say ;)

There will always be a few people like that on every cruise. They feel entitled to do and say what they want and expect everyone to jump the minute they walk in the room. In short they are pompous, spoiled, and likely have more money than I will ever earn in my lifetime.

If they fit the above criteria they likely hire a cleaning service, landscaping service, pool boy, and might even have a cook, maid, or butler, hanging around as well in the house so that they can treat them the same as they do those on the ship.

Actually, it's probably nearly the opposite. These D+ people who are so rude probably have no other status they can point to, and think this is how they're supposed to act as "Lord High-and-Mighty-Mucky-Muck".

Last cruise a comedian told a joke I am not sure how it fully went, But it was about a guy bragging he was diamond plus, but all i remember was it ended by someone saying to him to shut up and buy me a drink. :D

Its sad though that some people are that rude but it happens everywhere in life just not on cruise ships. I deal with rude people daily, I just learn to take people like that with a grain of salt. I find you get more by being staying calm and caring then acting like a fool. I normally help people more when they are calm and not screaming at me

Edited by trev71