Breakaway disappearing June 27th to July 9th 2016?

Kortehgehn

According to FDR at this month's conference call with Wall Street, the margins for NCL on these charters are very good, better than regular sailings - and, if the parties are committed and willing, it's good for their financial bottom lines :D

It's like the hotel chains, they loved doing trade shows & conventions - for the same and similar reasons, good for $$$ - unfortunately, not necessary a good outcome if one is booked and getting bumped or cancelled out, etc.

I am on this chartered cruise. It's the company my husband works for. We are boarding Sunday the 26th but don't sail away until Monday and only go to Halifax for a day and then back to NY and disembark on Friday morning.

Wow that's a nice company perk - Enjoy!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Very interesting...I would love to know who chartered a ship this size for 5 days! Hopefully they take good care of it as we'll be boarding when they're all getting off. :)[/quote

Hey kmc09! I will also be on this chartered cruise with my husband! The company is Mass Mutual. :)

Very interesting...I would love to know who chartered a ship this size for 5 days! Hopefully they take good care of it as we'll be boarding when they're all getting off. :)[/quote

Hey kmc09! I will also be on this chartered cruise with my husband! The company is Mass Mutual. :)

I want to thank MassMutual for not being in Bermuda when we are there.:D

Fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be - these 2 Mass Mutual agents could well be sailing on the BA this Sunday/Monday as their company chartered the ship - spotted them working the crowds on Main Street all yesterday afternoon, by the LIRR train station on Main Street, Flushing (NY) as I was returning from Manhattan.

0025fd697e829240670c9c58fbacd726.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Could it be - these 2 Mass Mutual agents could well be sailing on the BA this Sunday/Monday as their company chartered the ship - spotted them working the crowds on Main Street all yesterday afternoon, by the LIRR train station on Main Street, Flushing (NY) as I was returning from Manhattan.

0025fd697e829240670c9c58fbacd726.jpg

Who are the other 2 - Allstate?

Who are the other 2 - Allstate?

No, not Allstate. Appeared to be 2 (likely unlicensed ??) street vendors selling homemade edibles, dressed like countryside farmers. Out of camera's view were actually, 2 more N.Y. Life agents, selling their insurance products too ... not kidding, for real. That's how they keep their overheads low & margins high. Our MetLife & State Farm agents sit in air-conditioned, brick-n-mortar indoor offices, not too far south on Main Street, however.

Was wondering if those 2 Mass Mutual agents are bringing a guest or their family along for this chartered cruise - "incentive travel" is the buzz word, I think ... maybe they are going to run some CME courses onboard & make it educational as a working cruise, LOL.

Had seen these agents working that LIRR sidewalk previously but couldn't resist the "Kodak" moment when it occurred to me ... ha, what a corporate incentive to show appreciation for their top sales force in the field. To be sitting out there in the sunshine, heat & humidity - ducking for covers when it showered or rain while commuters are charging to/from the elevated train platforms upstairs - and, rewarded with 5 NCL days to Canada.

Weather forecast next week for Halifax, NS isn't so great & on the cool side, what a bummer ! Fresh New England lobsters, including soft shells are excellent and in season ... once they docked.

Sounds like a nice company to work for. Is it all free? Do they give the drink package? I'm on the Breakaway next year but I have to pay for it :(

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting....

So...this should earn the Breakaway another "maiden arrival plaque" for its collection. I don't believe the Breakaway has ever sailed to Canada before. Would be nice if they did a few 7 day NE/Canada cruises each fall, and let the Gem do some longer ones to Quebec City....:cool:

Is that the finals of the America cup in Bermuda? It might be floating hotel during the finals

Nope. AC Finals take place next year June 2017. And no, BA won't be a floating hotel.

This time BA did 5 day cruise (chartered) to Halifax and back and is currently doing a 9 day cruise to Caribbean.