navigator faves

Been on Navi 3 times since her refurbish. We love it. Haven't tried the Virtual Balconies, though. But here's my 2 cents: Try Sabor. The food is delicious. I had the duck breast burritos...wow. Also, try Izumi...it's a great choice for lunch.

Our nightly hang out was either Boleros or R Bar. The Silent Party is a blast up in the Cosmopolitan Club. Everyone wears a set of wireless headphones with the dance music playing. If you want to have quiet conversations with your friends, just take off the headphones. Oh, and the headphones have 2 channels with 2 different songs playing...it's fun to watch people dancing to different songs at the same time!

Have fun!

The whole ship is beautiful and Sabor and the Diamond lounge are outstanding. But I think my favorite thing is the amazing metal sculpture that goes from deck 3 up to about deck 8 in the aft part of the promenade across from guest services. And the staff is so friendly and accomodating.

We had a GS on Navigator which was the hit of the cabin crawl, but main reason we did cabin crawl was to see the virtual balcony which I did like, more like a large tv with live feed. I agree on Diamond club ( if you are lucky enough to be diamond), I thought food in general was better than previous RCCL cruises

hello everyone ;) I would like to know everyones absolute favorite thing about the nav of the sea. also has anyone stayed in the virtual balcony staterooms? Is it really cracked up to be what RC is bragging about?

Fave : Tom DuCell - Activities Director...RCCL should promote him to CD.

Overall Navigator is one of my favorite ships.

IMO Virtual Balcony Rooms are not worth it.

NOS is a beautiful ship. My personal favorite area was the solarium, I spent a lot of time there.

I had one of the virtual balcony rooms - it was very neat, but I still much prefer the real thing. :p It's great if you get a good deal on one, as the picture is VERY clear (it's 4K resolution, which calls for very expensive cameras and TV sets to capture and display). I loved being able to shut the curtains and leave the sound on to fall asleep to the sound of the rushing water. The light peeking through the curtains in the morning when the sun rose was a great way to wake up. And this was all in an interior room! Very cool, if you are looking at interior or ocean view rooms, I would pick VB rooms above all.

Many times I had the chance to upgrade to an OV room for free or little cost, and I'm glad I didn't. I had cabin 1601, which had the PERFECT location in my opinion. It had only 1 cabin next to it (the other side was housekeeping closet, which we never heard a sound from at all). It was directly below the pool area, which I also heard NO noise from whatsoever. And it was a very short walk from the elevator/stairway to the room. My point with that is that the OV rooms I was offered for a free/minimal-cost upgrade were on Deck 2...away from everything. Very happy I stuck with the VB room.

When you look at pictures of the VB rooms online, cameras always make the screens look like they had a very blue tint...they do not. But I could not get a picture of mine without it looking like that (unless I got very close to it and then you couldn't see the rest of the room).

Hope this helps!

For me, Navigator has the best Flowrider in the fleet. They changed the materials they use for the water return grates at the top of the wave so it's much softer when you wipe out. The jets also seem to be set up differently and I find it easier to ride. From the pictures I've seen of Voyager, they have the same setup on there as well.

Sabor is also great.

Edited by mil76
typo

Been on Navi 3 times since her refurbish. We love it. Haven't tried the Virtual Balconies, though. But here's my 2 cents: Try Sabor. The food is delicious. I had the duck breast burritos...wow. Also, try Izumi...it's a great choice for lunch.

Our nightly hang out was either Boleros or R Bar. The Silent Party is a blast up in the Cosmopolitan Club. Everyone wears a set of wireless headphones with the dance music playing. If you want to have quiet conversations with your friends, just take off the headphones. Oh, and the headphones have 2 channels with 2 different songs playing...it's fun to watch people dancing to different songs at the same time!

Have fun!

i LOATHE Mexican food. as in it is the one ethnic cuisne I refuse to eat. is Sabor something I would waste time and money on it? we'll be in NAV in January. ( already adore Izumi)

Love that it is in Galveston!

Been on 10 times since it has been there. Favorite spots are Diamond Lounge and Concierge Nadja. I like her replacement while she is on vacation right now (Mahmoud).

Back on January 4th!:)

Edited by chermilo

i LOATHE Mexican food. as in it is the one ethnic cuisne I refuse to eat. is Sabor something I would waste time and money on it? we'll be in NAV in January. ( already adore Izumi)

Don't waste your time at Sabors! You might take my table!!

We love it!!

Rick

Don't waste your time at Sabors! You might take my table!!

We love it!!

Rick

all yours. I swear sometimes I think the Navy is trying to kill me.. last duty station was MD..I am allergic to shellfish and there are crab cakes every where. now, I am in Texas( yes there is Navy in Texas, and no we are not right on the Gulf heheheh) where Mexican joints outnumber everything else by a hefty margin.

at least before I had Monterey and Wine to keep me going...:D

all yours. I swear sometimes I think the Navy is trying to kill me.. last duty station was MD..I am allergic to shellfish and there are crab cakes every where. now, I am in Texas( yes there is Navy in Texas, and no we are not right on the Gulf heheheh) where Mexican joints outnumber everything else by a hefty margin.

at least before I had Monterey and Wine to keep me going...:D

There's Mexican food, then there's TexMex. Not sure where Sabor falls in that spectrum (menu on RCL website). Maybe someone can tell us.

When it was first announced there were many cries here of "I can get (tex)mex for $4.95 so why would I pay $20" and so on. However since February's intro it seems Sabor is rapidly becoming a big hit.

We like it a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

We tried the virtual balcony in Dec 2014. Short answer: I wouldn't do it again. But that being said, it was interesting. I do not mind inside cabins, so I do not need to see the water. I definitely turned it off at night and closed the curtains because I like dark. IMO I gave up a small sofa that I remember from past cruises for a chair and ottoman because of the VB screen. It is kind of interesting to experience, so maybe you can cabin crawl to one. I never found out where the camera is for my view. (?!)

IMG_6126.jpg.e27eea62b901f4ebc06d1df0b33914a4.jpg

TARUN!!!! He was a bartender in the Champagne Bar on our Med Cruise in Sept 2013. He was Amazing!!! I'm sure hes on a different ship by now, does anyone know which ship he is on?????? We also had him on the Allure in 2011 :)

We spent a lot of time at the pub. We had 2 excellent servers, Monica and Nachis,. it is a great place to have a drink and people watch

Pub was fun, only problem when we were on is musical performer might have been the worst I have heard in 57 cruises ( previous rccl cruise had one of the best playing there )