Dreamworks Character breakfast

Duke Mazer

I did it in March on the Allure when it was free and won't do it again on my upcoming oasis cruise. IMO it definitely is not worth $10 pp or whatever the charge is now. It was fun and cute to get pics with the characters but I would not pay for this experience. There are opportunities during the cruise to meet the characters around the ship.

We recently did the Character Breakfast on the Freedom of the Seas during the 30 November 14 cruise. I had booked the breakfast prior to the September cut off date when fees were added. Our group consisted of 12 people ranging from a 3 year old to a 62 year old, which would have cost me $100.00.

I will say it was nice for the grandchildren, but the overall experience was not worth any fee. The servers were good, but we felt rushed throughout the entire experience. The breakfast we a normal main dining room fare, but with some added funny names, and chocolate.

We were rushed through the photographs with the characters. So much that when we wanted to take our own photos of our grandchildren and the group, the characters just left. Overall it was a disappointing experience not just for the adults, but even the grandchildren were not happy. My 5 year old granddaughter wanted to talk to King Julien (one of her favorite characters), but was nicely moved aside. She was very disappointed.

If we were seated 20 feet over in the dining room we could have watched the entire experience for free. In fact, I did see children from other parts of the main dining room mingle with the characters.

My wife and I have over 26 cruises on Royal Caribbean and we both agree it was an extremely disappointing program and not worth any added fee. We did mention our thoughts when we were asked by the Hotel Director about how we felt about the cruise during a suite cocktail party. His response was, "that was a shame," and the conversation immediately moved to another topic.

With that being said, people will still book it for the "CRUISE EXPERIENCE", and it is fun for the children. With that feeling, the fee will continue, and some people will be disappointed.

However, I am glad we did it once with no fee!

We are booked for this breakfast for our cruise in January. We got it free cos booked it through a promo.

We have no kids with us so does that matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, adults without children are welcome

We recently did the Character Breakfast on the Freedom of the Seas during the 30 November 14 cruise. I had booked the breakfast prior to the September cut off date when fees were added. Our group consisted of 12 people ranging from a 3 year old to a 62 year old, which would have cost me $100.00.

I will say it was nice for the grandchildren, but the overall experience was not worth any fee. The servers were good, but we felt rushed throughout the entire experience. The breakfast we a normal main dining room fare, but with some added funny names, and chocolate.

We were rushed through the photographs with the characters. So much that when we wanted to take our own photos of our grandchildren and the group, the characters just left. Overall it was a disappointing experience not just for the adults, but even the grandchildren were not happy. My 5 year old granddaughter wanted to talk to King Julien (one of her favorite characters), but was nicely moved aside. She was very disappointed.

If we were seated 20 feet over in the dining room we could have watched the entire experience for free. In fact, I did see children from other parts of the main dining room mingle with the characters.

My wife and I have over 26 cruises on Royal Caribbean and we both agree it was an extremely disappointing program and not worth any added fee. We did mention our thoughts when we were asked by the Hotel Director about how we felt about the cruise during a suite cocktail party. His response was, "that was a shame," and the conversation immediately moved to another topic.

With that being said, people will still book it for the "CRUISE EXPERIENCE", and it is fun for the children. With that feeling, the fee will continue, and some people will be disappointed.

Bet you guys were seated just in front of us in the dining room? Were you the ones with the little guy who just wanted to jump in for pics? LOL. I thought it was fine for free, but would not pay a fee to do it again either. Lots of photo opps throughout the cruise to mingle with the characters and it is a bit rushed we thought. Kid's still enjoyed it though and the variance in food wasn't bad either.

I agree with everyone else. It was fine for free, but definitely wouldnt pay for it. And for those like our family who are not morning people, it definitely wasn't worth loosing a morning of sleeping in :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I agree with everyone else. It was fine for free, but definitely wouldnt pay for it. And for those like our family who are not morning people, it definitely wasn't worth loosing a morning of sleeping in :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I so agree with you!:D We wouldn't do it again even if it were free. My husband still gripes about the early morning!:D

Sherri:)

Totally agree! Well explained and written.

We did it in July with our family, includig three grandchildren. We were on the Oasis and did it for free after booking earlier in the year.

The whole thing was definitely rushed through. Plus the food was cold - and we normally eat in the MDR and enjoy the experience - it was like they took the orders and then did the characters while the food sat.

It was our 8-year-old grandson's birthday. We mentioned to the "organizer" or "character handler" and had hoped for a Happy Birthday greeting, but nothing was said. Also the pictures were very rushed - didn't have time to do the three kids together with the characters.

Definitely would not pay for.

That's a shame. I assumed it would be included and just something you have to reserve. :( And to hear too that it wasn't that great. We recently did a trip to Disney World and our kids quite enjoyed the breakfast with the characters. And on the cruise, it kind of adds another dimension for the kids.

I saw a comment about it being early. We have a long ways off to worry about it, but what time is it generally?

That's a shame. I assumed it would be included and just something you have to reserve. :( And to hear too that it wasn't that great. We recently did a trip to Disney World and our kids quite enjoyed the breakfast with the characters. And on the cruise, it kind of adds another dimension for the kids.

I saw a comment about it being early. We have a long ways off to worry about it, but what time is it generally?

Mine is booked for 8am till 9am and that was the only time slot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by emski83

Ours was moved around because of the boat/port revisions and issues...originally scheduled for 7:30, moved to 7:45 I believe...still early but gets you an early start to a day.

I did it in March on the Allure when it was free and won't do it again on my upcoming oasis cruise. IMO it definitely is not worth $10 pp or whatever the charge is now. It was fun and cute to get pics with the characters but I would not pay for this experience. There are opportunities during the cruise to meet the characters around the ship.

I didn't know they had started charging for it. It was fun on the Oasis, but I would definitely NOT pay for it.

Happy sails.

Kathy

Totally not worth paying. Just did it a few weeks ago, for free as we booked it before they changed the rules. It was just ok. But there were sooo many other opportunities to meet all the characters on board multiple times. It just doesn't make sense to pay for it. Also agree it was too early!! We come from central time zone, so it meant waking my son up to go - and then he woke up early the rest of the cruise.... So not worth it!

My husband and I enjoyed the 7:45 character breakfast on our TA on Oasis as it was different, but would not bother taking grandchildren to the Character Breakfast next time. Area was empty, lots of empty tables, so no feeling of excitement, chef "forgot to make anything chocolate" so breakfast was exactly the same as every other day in the DR, good, but hardly worth and extra $10 dollars for those that paid.

Once again, RCL management did not appear to be communicating, between CD staff and kitchen.