Where is the "Naughty" Room located on board Oasis of the Seas?

Hi!

Where is the "Naughty' Room on board Oasis of the Seas? For those who don't know what the Naughty Room is it is where you are sent for items that are not allowed on board. :D

I don't plan on getting sent there but curious on where it is located and how the process works?

Thank you!

Edited by FLCruiser25
More Info

Hi!

Where is the "Naughty' Room on board Oasis of the Seas? For those who don't know what the Naughty Room is it is where you are sent for items that are not allowed on board. :D

I don't plan on getting sent there but curious on where it is located and how the process works?

Thank you!

The "Naughty" Room is usually located down on deck 1, where the metal detectors and the x-ray equipment is located. Usually you will have to ask your stateroom attendant that one of your pieces of luggage has not arrived at your stateroom in which the stateroom attendant will check its status and that is usually when you will find out if there is something they found in your luggage that may or may not be permitted on the ship.

Happened to my DW and I just once and it was something that could be brought on the ship.

Smitty

The "Naughty" Room is usually located down on deck 1, where the metal detectors and the x-ray equipment is located. Usually you will have to ask your stateroom attendant that one of your pieces of luggage has not arrived at your stateroom in which the stateroom attendant will check its status and that is usually when you will find out if there is something they found in your luggage that may or may not be permitted on the ship.

Happened to my DW and I just once and it was something that could be brought on the ship.

Smitty

Our stateroom attendant told us one piece of luggage was being held at security. She told us this just before Muster drill and we asked if we could go down after sail away and was told "no problem". So after sail away, we headed down to deck 1 (I *THINK* from the aft elevators) and followed the signs.

There was no line, we walked right in, there was a bunch of bags still waiting to be claimed. We described the bag, joked with the security folks, opened the bag to show a small case of water and a 6pack of Pepsi bottles. Then we took the bag (with the drinks) back to our room.

This was on Oasis in 2013.

Hi!

Thank you!

You have one thread worrying about TSA locks and your bags being searched and then this thread worrying about the naughty room. What are you packing that is causing the concern? All bags are xrayed so if you are packing alcohol, they will see it, they don't always pull the bags but it will be visible. If you are packing something illegal, don't bother, they will pull the bag, find you on the ship and have you removed. False bottom cans won't help either, search the forum and you will find a thread posted by someone who was removed from the ship, prior to the ship leaving port, due to his "hookah tobacco".:rolleyes:

You have one thread worrying about TSA locks and your bags being searched and then this thread worrying about the naughty room. What are you packing that is causing the concern? All bags are xrayed so if you are packing alcohol they will see it, , they don't always pull the bags but it will be visible. If you are packing something illegal, don't bother, they will pull the bag, find you on the ship and have you removed. False bottom cans won't help either, search the forum and you will find a thread posted by someone who was removed from the ship, prior to the ship leaving port, due to his "hookah tobacco".:rolleyes:

Not if you have it in your rum-runner flasks! they work like a charm!! :D:eek:

Edited by F27TW

Rum runners can be seen too, don't fall for the advertising hype. Just because they didn't pull your luggage, doesn't mean they didn't see the rum runners.

Sorry, Mema ... you're wrong ... I have used them four separate times now ... never an issue.

(and as long as they didn't pull my luggage, then who cares if they saw them!)

Edited by F27TW

Ahhh the naughty room on oasis been there, took our vodka we bought in Ft lauderdale it was for home, we got sky vodka you couldn't buy it in the UK back then got all 12 bottles back on last night

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Forums mobile app

Rum runners can be seen too, don't fall for the advertising hype. Just because they didn't pull your luggage, doesn't mean they didn't see the rum runners.

Actually, because they're made out of the material that they are, they blend in pretty well with everything else. The only thing that you end up seeing is the cap, and if the cap is underneath your toiletries then you can't see it. The x-rays are more like a 2D cut-away, you can only see the stuff stacked on top.

Actually, because they're made out of the material that they are, they blend in pretty well with everything else. The only thing that you end up seeing is the cap, and if the cap is underneath your toiletries then you can't see it. The x-rays are more like a 2D cut-away, you can only see the stuff stacked on top.

Actually, both you and F27TW are wrong. Do some research, here are a few places you can start.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1137339

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1189217

Actually, both you and F27TW are wrong. Do some research, here are a few places you can start.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1137339

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1189217

I have done my research. X-rays can't pass through dense materials such as bone, which is why when an x-ray is taken of your body you get back a negative image- it shows where the x-rays didn't make it through. The guy you linked talking about "dual-energy x-ray machines" has no idea what he's talking about, x-rays are a high energy wave that don't discern what they're passing through. Whether it's organic or inorganic they only stop for more dense materials, which is why only the caps show up, and even then it's extremely faint. Liquid is not a dense material (which is why doctors don't just see blood when they do x-rays of your body) and so because of that, x-rays cannot see liquids.

For example, this image shows two bags of heroin in a suitcase:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/media/prosecutions-poursuites/photo/pra2012-05-02b.jpg

Here is more information on x-rays:

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/x-ray-test

Here is more information on dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-energy_X-ray_absorptiometry

Edited by agnl

Sorry, Mema ... you're wrong ... I have used them four separate times now ... never an issue.

(and as long as they didn't pull my luggage, then who cares if they saw them!)

There's always a first time but I hope your streak continues. Ours ended last year. We had smuggled for years and recently got caught. Now it's the drink package for us and no worries of getting caught again. What a hassle THAT was!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The reason I am curious is because this is my first time cruising on Royal Caribbean. I've only sailed on Carnival twice so I am completely new to how RC does things. :D

Yes, I have another post about luggage locks because there is a group of us going and we want to know how others fared with the locks if they were even worth it.

And no need for assumption that we are trying to bring some illegal on board. lol. We aren't even bringing alcohol because we rarely drink and traveling with a baby and two senior citizens!! Only thing we are bring is baby supplies! Diapers and lots of diapers. :D

You have one thread worrying about TSA locks and your bags being searched and then this thread worrying about the naughty room. What are you packing that is causing the concern? All bags are xrayed so if you are packing alcohol, they will see it, they don't always pull the bags but it will be visible. If you are packing something illegal, don't bother, they will pull the bag, find you on the ship and have you removed. False bottom cans won't help either, search the forum and you will find a thread posted by someone who was removed from the ship, prior to the ship leaving port, due to his "hookah tobacco".:rolleyes:

We are not packing alcohol as we are not drinkers! This is our first family cruise on Royal with 2 seniors and a baby. We plan on bringing in legal diapers, baby food, apple juice and bottle water. lol. :D We actually got a signed doctors letter to bring the baby stuff on board so we are doing everything the right way.:D

Wish more people did research before they cruise.

. We plan on bringing in legal diapers, .

Glad you are not bringing illegal diapers. Those endanger us all. :rolleyes:

As a regular Disney cruiser, where you can bring as much booze on as you want, I love going through security in Vancouver. They share the line with whatever other ship using the port that day, usually a Princess ship. I have gotten called out of line and they have a giddy look like they just saved humanity...., I point out I am cruising Disney, and they get a dejected look and I just walk through. This has happened twice.

There was no line, we walked right in,.

I never take anything that should get me down there, but if something is mistakenly identified I may end up there someday. I have read so many reports of long lines and that is no way to start a vacation. I usually don't have anything in my luggage that I need before the first dinner, so I think I would choose to wait till after sailaway if that is an option. Glad you had no lines.

Has anyone tried using Hydrogen Peroxide bottles for taking alcohol on? I didn't do it, but apparently my mom's now ex-BF took on two bottles filled with Vodka with no issues haha. That was on an NCL trip.

How on Earth does someone explain 2 full bottles of hydrogen peroxide?

"Look, I get cut A LOT and need to make sure I'm not in danger of getting an infection. It's serious, man!"

How on Earth does someone explain 2 full bottles of hydrogen peroxide?

"Look, I get cut A LOT and need to make sure I'm not in danger of getting an infection. It's serious, man!"

That's what I was thinking. I mean if you brought a single bottle fine, still looks odd but I can see getting away with that. But he still managed to get away with 2.

Luckily, I've never been to the naughty room. Although this is a bit off topic from the OP's question, for those of you thinking about or discussing carrying alcohol on board, I recommend Shampbooze (search for it on Amazon). Usually, old containers that are re-purposed have a funny smell or taste from the original product, but these containers are made for carrying alcohol. I just throw a few in my toiletry bag and cross my fingers! Perhaps I'm being naive, but my hope is that the security people only think "Wow, these people must have beautiful hair if they shampoo and condition this much!" :p

Luckily, I've never been to the naughty room. Although this is a bit off topic from the OP's question, for those of you thinking about or discussing carrying alcohol on board, I recommend Shampbooze (search for it on Amazon). Usually, old containers that are re-purposed have a funny smell or taste from the original product, but these containers are made for carrying alcohol. I just throw a few in my toiletry bag and cross my fingers! Perhaps I'm being naive, but my hope is that the security people only think "Wow, these people must have beautiful hair if they shampoo and condition this much!" :p

I just checked Amazon ... that's BRILLIANT !!!! The Rum Runners have always worked fine for us, but I think we might try this just for fun !