Princess and New Years Eve

ar1950

Just curious if someone on a Princess cruise over New Years Eve can post what kind of celebration Princess does? We were on a "shorty" cruise on the Golden over Halloween and it was really enjoyable with everything that the ship did as well as the costumes worn by passengers.

Thanks in advance.:cool:

We were on the Royal last year and it lined up with the formal night. There was a few separate events. Deck party with DJ's, the atrium had band and then a balloon drop and Skywalkers had a club party. It was pretty busy but the ship was very full.

We were on the Royal last year and it lined up with the formal night. There was a few separate events. Deck party with DJ's, the atrium had band and then a balloon drop and Skywalkers had a club party. It was pretty busy but the ship was very full.

Thanks for the reply.

btw, when did they add and then remove Skywalkers from the Royal?:confused: I will take it that you meant Club 6, or possibly The Vista Lounge, maybe? :cool:

Edited by ar1950

• 2 months later...

Was on the Regal for this past new years. The largest party was on deck with live band and went pretty strong til 3am. The atrium area hosted a balloon drop and champagne toast I believe and the surrounding bars were open to serve that area. The dance club, club six was not open at all that night. They did coordinate it with a formal night. Past years, crown princess has done a post midnight dance party in SKYWALKERS. But as you know :( it is no more on the new regal and royal. Regal did a nice job with keeping the party going on deck though and I was very impressed with it, after being concerned it would die out early since it was not in a club. But it was a blast!

We were on Crown this past NYE. There was a balloon drop in the atrium, music and dancing and at dinner there were party horns for all and paper top hats for the men and tiaras for the ladies. It was a Formal night. It was a fun night.

We were on Crown this past NYE. There was a balloon drop in the atrium, music and dancing and at dinner there were party horns for all and paper top hats for the men and tiaras for the ladies. It was a Formal night. It was a fun night.

I was also on the Crown over NYE but was at the other party up on deck under the Movie Screen with "thousands" of my closest friends. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

ImageUploadedByForums1426225011.906062.jpg.eb463ae070024a6712fb055f80786b0f.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1426225058.218963.jpg.81dc72eaec18d492cac3651bece5698e.jpg

Edited by Corndog819

We celebrated New Years on the Emerald this and had a great time. It was not supposed to be a formal night but they made it formal, which we love! If you want to dine in a speciality restaurant that night I recommended making that reservation as soon as you get on board as they were completely full.

We were on the Caribbean Princess for New Year's Eve a few months ago. They had parties going in the atrium (balloon drop) and on the pool deck. There were also bands playing in the Wheelhouse and Explorers Lounge. They gave out party hats. We were fortunate to have been on the cruise before the New Year's one and were able to get reservations for the Crown Grill. It was a great way to end 2014. We were in our cabin by midnight, so I did not get to see how long the celebrations continued around the ship.

We've been on the Hawaiian holiday cruise three times (2005/06, 2010/11, 2012/13) and all three times, one of the formal nights were moved to be on NYE. There's always a balloon drop in the grand atrium, and probably elsewhere. A countdown for the British NY. Festive hats and tiaras for everyone.

SANY0610_zps38d8308b.jpg

and some party animals:

SANY0633_zpse015fdce.jpg

balloons

SANY0635_zps23af50a7.jpg

New Years Eve has easily become our favorite week to cruise!! We did the Grand two years ago and CB this past New Years! Both times it was formal night. On the Grand the dining room had a special New Years menu. Both times we were given New Years hats and horns! Just like everyone else said, the atrium has a balloon drop and there is also the deck party upstairs. Both times we chose the atrium as my daughter LOVES the balloon drop. There were so many balloons we couldn't even see each other. The atmosphere is great! I think you will enjoy it!!!

The CB this past New Year's Eve was not a formal night--just a "dressed to impress" one since it was a 4-day cruise. A lot of passengers did wear formal wear, but just as many were dressed casually.

We were on the Star Princess this past New Years and had a blast. We had dinner in the Crown grill, then to a show, then drinks later on. We did not make it to the balloon drop but still had a great time. Decorations were everywhere, both Christmas and New Years decorations. Party favors were handed out in the Crown Grill. It was a fantastic evening.

The CB this past New Year's Eve was not a formal night--just a "dressed to impress" one since it was a 4-day cruise. A lot of passengers did wear formal wear, but just as many were dressed casually.

You are right... I just remember being dressed up :) How are you doing by the way, it's your trivia partner Stacey :)

We were on the Royal this past NYE, and it was so much fun! We were in the atrium for the balloon drop at midnight, and it was really festive. We dined at the Crown Grill that evening as well. Princess had party favors available at several locations throughout the ship. I thought they did a great job to make the holiday special and memorable. All of the holiday decor stayed up through our cruise. We'll be back on the Royal for Christmas later this year, and I'm guessing they'll do as nice a job for that as well :)

• 5 months later...

I was thinking booking a cruise over Christmas and New Year's was a good idea until it dawned on me how dressed up people get over the holidays. Obviously I wouldn't attend a ballroom party, but what about one on the pool deck or someplace else? Will there be others dressed very casually or will I need to hide in my room? Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks, Brenda

I was thinking booking a cruise over Christmas and New Year's was a good idea until it dawned on me how dressed up people get over the holidays. Obviously I wouldn't attend a ballroom party, but what about one on the pool deck or someplace else? Will there be others dressed very casually or will I need to hide in my room? Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks, Brenda

Only on a formal evening will people be dressed up. Xmas eve or day will usually be one of the formal evenings and NYE will also usually be one.

So really it is like a non-holiday cruise as far as dressing fancy gets.

IMO its no different then any other cruise.