Thank you, Princess!

G&T Cruisers

We had been trying to convince our sister and her husband to go on a cruise for some time and now they have taken the plunge and are booked on the Regal for a 7day cruise to the eastern Caribbean Jan 4th-11th. All was set until they got to their local airport and found their flight (Air Canada) delayed 4 hours. Not too worried. They were flying out a day before sailing with plans to overnight in a Ft. Lauderdale hotel. They felt they still had lots of time. They fly in to Toronto and learn their luggage is lost. While the airline looks for it, they miss their connecting flight and are stuck in the airport (Toronto)overnight. Air Canada assures them they will be on the next flight to Fort Lauderdale. We know they will be cutting it close to sail away so we contact Princess for them to let them know the new flight info and time of arrival. Then my sister and her hubby find out their plane is not coming and will not arrive until later that afternoon. There is no way they will make sailaway. The airline offers to fly them through Newark and onto St.Tomas where they can catch the Regal on Wednesday. We tell my sister to call Princess , let them know what's going on and ask for assistance. This is where Princess stepped in and saved the day.They are putting them up in a hotel in St.Thomas, taking care of all their meals, and sending a car to pick them up to bring them to the ship once it arrives. And, my sister has learned first-hand why we sail with Princess. She was very impressed (and relieved) when Princess took over the plans.Thank goodness they bought the platinum insurance through Princess. It does pay off and my sister can now look forward to a little extra time in Caribbean paradise.

Thank you for posting. We have purchased Platinum insurance through Princess and now I am glad we did, costly as it is. We, too, are traveling the day prior to our Alaska cruise tour - your story just goes to show that even that precaution may not be early enough.

Princess saves the day frequently, insurance or not. My mother and mother-law got on our Jax-Fll flight along with our luggage, but we were bumped to s later flight. Called Princess to advise them just to make myself feel better. We had not booked transfers, planned on a taxi. When we got to baggage claim in Fll, there was a Princess greeter with holding a sign with our name. She told us our luggage was aboard ship and put us in a car, not a taxi. Never knew who the driver was, but he refused any money. The major gangway had been pulled, and there was one person at check in who looked at our passports and told us to go to the purser's desk on the ship. We hustled, and they closed the gangway behind us. The purser had our sea passes and when we got to our stateroom our luggage was inside, with a bottle of champagne and 4 glasses. The card said to relax with our mothers and enjoy the cruise. I broke out in tears and laughter. Teas from the worry that we'd miss the cruise, and laughter because I could picture our moms driving everyone crazy....it was their first cruise.

I love Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh my gosh, terrible! We're flying Air Canada in 3 weeks to board the Emerald. We're also leaving the day before, flying through Chicago. We didn't purchase insurance through Princess, but have alternate insurance. I'll be crossing my fingers for no delays, but with the crappy winters here you never know!