What is the International Cafe

scienceteacher

I didn't know about the "new" tab in the Personalizer, so trotted off to check it out. Yes, you can now order the coffee card in your Personalizer and they took away the small cost advantage!!! it costs $33.35!!!:(:p

Nice new feature:) Mean new price:(

Hmmm, online it says $31 still what is the extra add for??????

Edited by Colo Cruiser

If you have any on-board-credit, it can only be used to purchase when

onboard.

Additionally, you can be sure of having no problem getting the card

if you buy when onboard.

See this post for issues with prepaid...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=46537935

And, it really takes no extra time to buy onboard.

Go to international cafe -- order a coffee. Buy card

at time of payment for first drink. Very easy.

And I still have the problem that I am going on the Pacific Princess with no International Cafe! :(

That's for all the advice folks. I will problem use OBC as I like saving my dollars too!:cool:

And I still have the problem that I am going on the Pacific Princess with no International Cafe! :(

That's for all the advice folks. I will problem use OBC as I like saving my dollars too!:cool:

And that's a big thing to miss. :( I am spoiled by the IC. :)

And that's a big thing to miss. :( I am spoiled by the IC. :)

Agreed ... the coffee spigots are accessible in the buffet at all hours, and sometimes they have the cereal boxes set up for the next morning, and there is room service. But the IC is what I miss most when on the small ships.

Hmm, so I am Australian and I just checked the personalizer for prices for drinks. My personaliser is in Australian Dollars, and has the coffee card at $36.69 AUD. Current conversion rate (which is high atm $1AUD buys 0.81USD), that makes it just $29.62 USD.

OK, beer price check!! 5-for-4 Heineken Package AU$26.57 ($21.45 USD)

Wait... All-Inclusive Beverage Package AU$61.99 per person, per day ($50.05 USD !!!)

Going to guess the exchange rate for all the other drinks prices will be favourable too. Looks like I will be pre buying.:)

EDIT Prices rates looks to be using close to 0.91 USD to the 1 AUD conversion. This is the same rate as I got my OBC.

Edited by GandM-nq

Happily, I purchased my coffee card by phone about 10 days ago at the $31.00 price. Since I saved $2.35 I won't have to beg for loose change outside the cabin doors of those who were worried about my penny pinching ways :)

Edited by rpcv77
Grammar

This IC has become one of our favourite spot as well. We like it especially when returning from an island and you want a quick bite just a few hours before dinner. Or we love going to the IC after we have dance to the music in the disco to the wee hours :-)

It is one of the best spots to other cruise line.

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

Happily, I purchased my coffee card by phone about 10 days ago at the $31.00 price. Since I saved $2.35 I won't have to beg for loose change outside the cabin doors of those who were worried about my penny pinching ways :)

Thank goodness, I didn't want to see you have to break out the fingerless gloves. :p

Well I'm bummed I didn't act fast enough to save that 2.35. Even worse, it's 4.70 for the two of us! I hope no one is too worried about me!

Well I'm bummed I didn't act fast enough to save that 2.35. Even worse, it's 4.70 for the two of us! I hope no one is too worried about me!

I'm starting a collection for these poor souls. The organization I've started is Cruising And Sailing Haven. Just make the check out with the initials, that will do nicely.

Edited by Wehwalt

Good morning all; cruised before but new to Princess; glad to see the IC is on the Star we are sailing on next month. Ya'll are making me very hungry. Quick question, since I am the one who purchased the coffee card when I logged in on my cruise personaliser; I am assuming that I will be the one with the sticker on my cruise card. Am I allowed to purchase 2 coffee drinks at one time and they will take 2 credits off my card? Or am I limited to one at a time?

Also, the 5 beers for price of 4 states they will be delivered to your cabin - has anyone ever done this? Are they cold beers or room temp and you can drink them later after chilling them down?

Thank you!

Lynn,

Why are you worried? .

I won't have to beg for loose change outside the cabin doors of those who were worried about my penny pinching ways :)

You go Big Sis....

tell them to mind their own business.

I work hard and i work overtime to pay for my vacation.

Spend money how I please, You tell em love.

Your Bud

Anyone with allergy experience and the IC? I'm allergic to almonds but am hopeful I will be able to have some of the things that don't have almonds. It's already in my personalizer and I know I will meet with the staff the 1st day about what is and is not safe just interested in hearing if others have experience in this area.

You go Big Sis....

tell them to mind their own business.

I work hard and i work overtime to pay for my vacation.

Spend money how I please, You tell em love.

Your Bud

Thanks, Laura! I hope you enjoy all of your future travels and do whatever pleases you with your money. I know I will!

Dcdisney,

My dd has Celiac's disease. We lunched at the IC right after boarding. She told the server about it (since it was not MDR) and he assured her that whenever she came by, they would be able to serve her some gluten free, non-cross contaminated items. I know that is different than a nut allergy, but they were very accommodating and she never got sick. We took our first Princess cruise because they really seemed to understand that her medical condition was not just a dietary preference. Have a great cruise.