What is the International Cafe

scienceteacher

I read somewhere that they now charge $1.00 for each item from the café. Does anyone know from a recent cruise if this is true? I sure hope not.

When the first ICs opened, that may have been true. But I would imagine if the charges have returned, there would be at least ten threads about this. It's just gelato on the ships that offer it at the IC.

I read somewhere that they now charge $1.00 for each item from the café. Does anyone know from a recent cruise if this is true? I sure hope not.

Not on Sun Princess over Christmas. Everything was free except for the speciality coffees.

• 3 months later...
Finally got the chance to try the egg mcmuffin sandwich one morning which I took to enjoy in a quiet lounge waiting for the first trivia session of the day to start.

ry%3D400

My go to breakfast at home usually includes one of the Jimmy Dean egg sandwiches and these were very close and yummy.

You're killing me! Looks sooo good!:)

Hi Guys:

I'm headed out on the Pacific Princess in July. Is there any IC equivalent on this ship?

Also, this may not be the right place to ask, but y'all seem like coffee drinkers - is there any advantage to buying the coffee card on board instead of pre-buying it?

Thanks so much!

I'm headed out on the Pacific Princess in July. Is there any IC equivalent on this ship?

Also, this may not be the right place to ask, but y'all seem like coffee drinkers - is there any advantage to buying the coffee card on board instead of pre-buying it?

No equivalent to the IC, sorry. :( And, there's no cost difference or benefit to pre-purchasing the coffee card.

You can not pre-purchase the coffee card. Just go to the ICi on deck 5 to purchase.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Sure you can under gifts and services.....

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #524 $31.00

Sure you can under gifts and services.....

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #524 $31.00

Actually, it looks like Princess has updated the Personalizer. You can now pre-purchase all beverage packages online...

Actually, it looks like Princess has updated the Personalizer. You can now pre-purchase all beverage packages online...

When I spoke to Princess yesterday about an upcoming cruise, the TA mentioned that I could purchase the all inclusive beverage package in advance. In the cruise personalizer, it's under "Onboard Reservations", which is a new tab at the top.

Edited by Mackenzie1

If you have any on-board-credit, it can only be used to purchase when

onboard.

Additionally, you can be sure of having no problem getting the card

if you buy when onboard.

See this post for issues with prepaid...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=46537935

And, it really takes no extra time to buy onboard.

Go to international cafe -- order a coffee. Buy card

at time of payment for first drink. Very easy.

I could be wrong, but I thought the Cafe Selects card was about $2-3 dollars cheaper if purchased in advance. No a big savings, but, for me, every bit counts!

You are going on vaction and worry about spending an extra $3 ?

Really ?

I am worried about this comment. Is it possible that you can explain please.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is thoughtful and caring of others

You can not pre-purchase the coffee card. Just go to the ICi on deck 5 to purchase.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Of course you can! Do as colo cruiser suggests.

You are going on vaction and worry about spending an extra $3 ?

Really ?

I am worried about this comment. Is it possible that you can explain please.

Lynn,

Why are you worried? We all choose to allocate our hard earned money any way we choose. For some, a dollar or two here and there is no big deal, for others those dollars are more dear. Please remember that your circumstances and financial situation is not everyone else's. So, no need to worry at all but a little cognizance of the fact that we are all different would be nice. As for me, personally, no, I do not care to explain my personal financial circumstances, whatever they might be, to you or anyone on a public message board. Whether couched under the guise of "worry" or not, that is simply rude and intrusive.

Edited by rpcv77
Add

I didn't know about the "new" tab in the Personalizer, so trotted off to check it out. Yes, you can now order the coffee card in your Personalizer and they took away the small cost advantage!!! it costs $33.35!!!:(:p

Nice new feature:) Mean new price:(

Has the price changed through the gift line?