What is the International Cafe

scienceteacher

Good morning all; cruised before but new to Princess; glad to see the IC is on the Star we are sailing on next month. Ya'll are making me very hungry. Quick question, since I am the one who purchased the coffee card when I logged in on my cruise personaliser; I am assuming that I will be the one with the sticker on my cruise card. Am I allowed to purchase 2 coffee drinks at one time and they will take 2 credits off my card? Or am I limited to one at a time?

Also, the 5 beers for price of 4 states they will be delivered to your cabin - has anyone ever done this? Are they cold beers or room temp and you can drink them later after chilling them down?

Thank you!

Since no one else has answered your question I will tell you what I know, even though this is our first time of ordering both the coffee card and the beers prior to boarding. I called Princess and asked about the beers. We ordered 2 (5 for price of 4) beers, and asked if they would be in the refrig when we boarded. She said they would put in what they could and the others would be left out, as they are small refrigerators and of course could not hold 10 beers. We shall see. We ordered two as any purchased after boarding will be subject to the 15% gratuity, so this is the best price.

I would think two people could share the beverage card and get 2 punches for 2 drinks (or gelatos). We bought one each but if we use them both up before the cruise ends will probably just buy one more to share to get us through.

I can't speak to the beers, but I am a devoted coffee card fan. It is not a sticker on your cruise card, but, literally, a separate card. It has 15 places that are punched , one each coffee drink you order and is good for unlimited brewed coffee on the voyage for which it was purchased. If you do not use all 15 punches, you can save it for your next cruise (but no more free brewed coffee). Sometimes the back is not filled in, in which case you could use it for the brewed coffee since they wouldn't know which voyage it was purchased for. I have 3 punches left from my last cruise and have purchased a new one for my upcoming cruise. If I have punches leftover, I'll just have to book another cruise :)

I can't speak to the beers, but I am a devoted coffee card fan. It is not a sticker on your cruise card, but, literally, a separate card. It has 15 places that are punched , one each coffee drink you order and is good for unlimited brewed coffee on the voyage for which it was purchased. If you do not use all 15 punches, you can save it for your next cruise (but no more free brewed coffee). Sometimes the back is not filled in, in which case you could use it for the brewed coffee since they wouldn't know which voyage it was purchased for. I have 3 punches left from my last cruise and have purchased a new one for my upcoming cruise. If I have punches leftover, I'll just have to book another cruise :)

So I think you are confirming that 2 drinks can be ordered and 2 punches made on the same card. If a couple buys one card they each get 7 drinks. Now, if that last punch is left, can they get more than one free coffee at a time with one card?

So much to think about. This getting ready for a cruise is hard work!!

So I think you are confirming that 2 drinks can be ordered and 2 punches made on the same card. If a couple buys one card they each get 7 drinks. Now, if that last punch is left, can they get more than one free coffee at a time with one card?

So much to think about. This getting ready for a cruise is hard work!!

As long as at least 1 punch is left the card is good for brewed coffee.

Its supposed to be for one person for the brewed not meant to be shared.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 5 months later...
I loved the big bowl of shrimp ... forget getting a teeny shrimp cocktail at dinner ... they will give you a bowl filled with them.

Love the shrimp at the IC. I typically grab a plateful when I get back from port and head up to my balcony to enjoy.:):):) Can't wait to do this again. I think I need to book a cruise next Spring as the only one I have booked is 12/16.

If you get down there (before they run out), get the cro-nuts. A cross between a corissant and a donut. THey are out of this world. I only have 93 more days till I can get me some. If you have tried Dunkin donuts - cro-nuts - the international cafe's are nothing like theirs. THey are so much better. I wish I had one now.

Love the cro-nuts! I am an early riser. On my last two cruises I went down to the IC and grabbed a cro-nut and specialty coffee at the IC and took them up to the aft pool area and really enjoyed the aft wake and my treats!

My favorites on the Crown princess were the almond/chocolate croissant, and the mozzarella and watermelon salad and the mozzarella and cherry tomatoes quiche, or the mozzarella and tomato sandwich at lunch and dinner. If there was nothing appealing in the MDR, mom and I ate there and had dessert in the MDR (we had Anytime dining)

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams), lobster, and Creme brulee!

Coffee is good....card well worth it....loved the pistachio pudding and the black and white chocolate parfaits....my sister had a cronut and said it was weird and very dry...

I loved the Orange pana cotta

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams), lobster, and Creme brulee!

• 1 month later...
Another question from a Princess Newbie. If we bring our own vanilla almond milk, will they use it to make coffee drinks?

I doubt it. If you are allowed to bring it on board ship you can always keep it in the refrigerator in your stateroom and use it there. I don't think they would use anything else other then approved by corporate.

We just got off the Royal on 1/18.The international cafe is in fact open 24 hours.A very neat server from the Ukraine brings out the yummy just out of the oven baked goods at about 4am. Perhaps you are thinking of the horizon court which does not serve breakfast goodies until 5:30 and does not offer the decadent donuts

On our recent 23 day T/A cruise on the Caribbean Princess the fresh apple and blueberry turnovers were being put out at 4:15 AM after they completed a through cleaning of the glass case.

If you only want their regular and Decaf brewed coffee and not any special coffees there is no charge and no need to purchase a coffee card.

For twenty three days I was at the IC by 4:10AM and enjoyed the free coffee and apple turnovers. The HC did not open until 6AM

Howard

Howard

On our recent 23 day T/A cruise on the Caribbean Princess the fresh apple and blueberry turnovers were being put out at 4:15 AM after they completed a through cleaning of the glass case.

If you only want their regular and Decaf brewed coffee and not any special coffees there is no charge and no need to purchase a coffee card.

For twenty three days I was at the IC by 4:10AM and enjoyed the free coffee and apple turnovers. The HC did not open until 6AM

Howard

Howard

The baked goods time seems to vary from ship to ship. On the Star last month, it was about 4:45 or so. The cronuts there were soggy and disappointing, though ...

Ok so this is a bit off topic but on one of our Island Princess cruises through the Panama Canal we were sitting in the Atrium deck 5 around 3:30 or 4 PM and a young lady came around with warm peanut butter cookies and milk. Boy were they good. From that point on we nicknamed her the cookie monster and waited for her every afternoon. No IC on the Island. :)

You could bring it and use it yourself. ;)

To clarify -- I am lactose intolerant, but love cappuccino. We buy 8-oz shelf-stable vanilla almond milk sealed "pouches", like kids' juice packs. They don't need refrigeration. I was just wondering if they would use it instead of milk to make the coffee drinks. They do on Celebrity and Disney. Thanks for your replies.

The baked goods time seems to vary from ship to ship. On the Star last month, it was about 4:45 or so. The cronuts there were soggy and disappointing, though ...

The Cronuts on the Coral (Nov. 2015) were very disappointing as well. They were so good on the Golden last summer, people waited in line. Our recent experience was the cronuts were dry and hard. We tried them at 4:00 AM & 6:00 AM.

Another question from a Princess Newbie. If we bring our own vanilla almond milk, will they use it to make coffee drinks?

It is a USPH violation for them to serve any food they don't source.

You would be at the whim of the bartender whether they would bend

the rule.

I have never seen almond, but I am pretty sure they have soy milk,

if you can tolerate that.

To clarify -- I am lactose intolerant, but love cappuccino. We buy 8-oz shelf-stable vanilla almond milk sealed "pouches", like kids' juice packs. They don't need refrigeration. I was just wondering if they would use it instead of milk to make the coffee drinks. They do on Celebrity and Disney. Thanks for your replies.

Contact the special needs dept and see what they suggest

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F11%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises

I cruise for Creme brulee, chocolate melting cake and lobster!