Pride French Door Interior

jamscckmc

My sister had 4122 and had a great view between the lifeboats (4123 other side)

We had to have a quad cabin and we had 4194 which had a good view between the lifeboats, not as good as 4122, one door was blocked the other not. (4195 on the other side)

We had a French Door cabin on the Spirit during our 15-day cruise to Hawaii in '12. We didn't have a good view (lifeboat in the way) but it was nice to open it up at night and listen to the waves. In the mornings, we'd open the doors to let fresh air and sunshine into our cabin. Highly recommend these cabins, view or not!

:cool:Bill

We have a french door on the Pride in Feb. Can anyone tell me if we could use a wedge to hold open the door or is there a lip that would make the door off the floor too much? I see in one pic they used the couch cushion to hold open the door.

We have a french door on the Pride in Feb. Can anyone tell me if we could use a wedge to hold open the door or is there a lip that would make the door off the floor too much? I see in one pic they used the couch cushion to hold open the door.

Both doors open, however there is a little trick you can use to keep the door(s) open.

If you open the primary door first, and push it open to the furthest point, get the other person in the cabin with you to open the secondary door just a little (it will only open so far before hitting the bed) and place 'something' (we used the waste bin from under the desk area) between it and the plexiglass to prevent it from closing, then release the primary door. The primary door will stay open by itself when using the above method.

Remember though, if you remove the stopper for the secondary door, the primary door will swing shut QUICKLY.

We have had 4140 numerous times on the Miracle, and like the 4K's so much, we have 4148 booked for our Pride voyage in March 2016.

Have a great cruise !

Looking at the French door interior staterooms. I remember reading here before that some of the rooms views are not completely obstructed. Is it the rooms that look like they are between the life boats? Thanks!

Yes, these are some of the best bargains onboard. I had one on the Pride, and the location was perfect, since it was a last minute cruise, and we chose the room after the price dropped the next week.

4123. Looks like a large outside area on deck 3 starboard. I felt lucky to get one of the ones between the lifeboats but will be unhappy if I can't open the doors. I would assume now that you can't smoke on the balconies any more that there are more people smoking in the designated areas.