Price drops again

ilovetotravel1977

I was looking and the prices have all dropped again, however, with the dollar being so crappy, my older rate is currently cheaper than this new one due to the exchange. Go figure!

Is that using standard exchange rates, or NCL's exchange rates? A couple of weeks ago it was at 1.075 - I don't know if they have adjusted it recently.

My 9 day cruise has dropped by about $1000, and it would now include the UDP and the UBP - BUT it still isn't as good a deal as the one I got 9+ months out and during a Kids Sail Free promotion.

Firstly, in the time since the price crept up by about $4000 (with various perks). Secondly, I am sailing with four kids. That adds up!!

Maybe the price will fall more between now and sailing; but I needed the security of a firm date and I wanted to pick my cabin AND I got a great deal and a ton of Latitude Points.

Different strategies work differently for different passengers.

If it goes down super low, and it turns out I paid more than someone in the next cabin... I still get all of the things I wanted and at a great price. I'm still going to be a happy passenger on a great cruise.

Is that using standard exchange rates, or NCL's exchange rates? A couple of weeks ago it was at 1.075 - I don't know if they have adjusted it recently.

Hmm, not sure. The rate online for Royal Bank is $1.00 CDN = $0.81 US (1.2276)

Is the 1.075 better? I'm not very good with this exchange stuff. lol

Hmm, not sure. The rate online for Royal Bank is $1.00 CDN = $0.81 US (1.2276)

Is the 1.075 better? I'm not very good with this exchange stuff. lol

7.5 cents exchange to the dollar, vs. 22.76 cents exchange... so yes, 1.075 is better.

Called NCL and got it changed.

This is why I like booking directly with NCL. There is no "middleman" or extra step to take to make these sorts of adjustments. Also, I've never found a TA that ended up costing me less than booking directly WITH a PCC.

I'm not advertising for NCL, just telling of my experience.

Our Bermuda cruise in October was booked a while back with the percentage of the fare for onboard credit. It has not been worth it up until yesterday to switch but our fare dropped and we opted for the Meal Plan, saved a couple of hundred bucks.

I will have to look at our B2B cruise for April. We booked ours when they had a CDN at par promotion, so our final payment in a few weeks is in CDN dollars.

My guess, however, is that it would take a lot for me to change that, given the exchange rate right now. :(

. . . Also, I've never found a TA that ended up costing me less than booking directly WITH a PCC.

:eek: Maybe try another TA for a quote? Our net cost is always less than booking directly with NCL. :)

I realize everyone needs to be comfortable with their own booking option.

Edited by mizlorinj

The per person balcony cabin price for our 7-day May cruise on the Gem to Florida and the Bahamas dropped $50 last week and $30 today, and that's with the Freestyle Choice Promo going on (which we'd already added to the booking to get that deal). :)

Particularly if you book early, as we usually do, it's important to monitor prices. (I subscribe to a service that does this and alerts me. I don't think the rules here permit me to name it.)

BTW, I use a PCC at NCL. He's terrific and puts these changes through without hassle.

Edited by Turtles06

I will have to look at our B2B cruise for April. We booked ours when they had a CDN at par promotion, so our final payment in a few weeks is in CDN dollars.

My guess, however, is that it would take a lot for me to change that, given the exchange rate right now. :(

I did call, and for the first week, we were able to get the beverage package included for $50 less (CDN) than our original booking price :D

The second week, unfortunately went up $300. But I'm happy with what we originally booked, so this makes it even better, even if it is only for half of our time on board.

This is why I like booking directly with NCL. There is no "middleman" or extra step to take to make these sorts of adjustments. Also, I've never found a TA that ended up costing me less than booking directly WITH a PCC.

I second that!

My 9 day cruise has dropped by about $1000, and it would now include the UDP and the UBP - BUT it still isn't as good a deal as the one I got 9+ months out and during a Kids Sail Free promotion.

Firstly, in the time since the price crept up by about $4000 (with various perks). Secondly, I am sailing with four kids. That adds up!!

Maybe the price will fall more between now and sailing; but I needed the security of a firm date and I wanted to pick my cabin AND I got a great deal and a ton of Latitude Points.

Different strategies work differently for different passengers.

If it goes down super low, and it turns out I paid more than someone in the next cabin... I still get all of the things I wanted and at a great price. I'm still going to be a happy passenger on a great cruise.

I also booked during the Kids sale free. My sister called me on Monday and told me that the rates went down and she had her rates adjusted. I called and was told that if they made the adjustment I would have to pay for the third person so it would be to my advantage to keep the promotion I have. I informed her that my sister kept her third party free promotion and also had the first two people rate adjusted. She spoke with a supervisor and mafe the adjustment. Yay me.

The per person balcony cabin price for our 7-day May cruise on the Gem to Florida and the Bahamas dropped $50 last week and $30 today, and that's with the Freestyle Choice Promo going on (which we'd already added to the booking to get that deal). :)

Particularly if you book early, as we usually do, it's important to monitor prices. (I subscribe to a service that does this and alerts me. I don't think the rules here permit me to name it.)

BTW, I use a PCC at NCL. He's terrific and puts these changes through without hassle.

Can you email me that website you use please? Would love to have that. Our cruise is a long ways away but would love to monitor the price easily. Also, when changing the price, were you able to keep the same amenities you had? I just booked the freestyle promo and got all three promos, would have to lose them!

crbrowns@telus.net is my email. Thanks!!!!

Leah