Reflection January 17, 2015 Western Caribbean Cruise

C 2 C

Thanks Arno for the wonderful review!

Just wondering how the time change works in Cozumel. When you get off at 7am ship time, what was the local time?

We turned the clock back an hour prior to Cozumel and forward this morning before Cayman.

I have heard speculation that Celebrity will switch to Miami time in February to avoid the continual time switching. This would conform to Royal procedure.

It seems too many people are forgetting to change clocks and are missing appointments and excursions.

Hi Arno,

So, did your credit card information actually transfer to the next cruise(s)? They always say it will and it never does.

Enjoy your winter condo!

Linda

Hi Linda.

Our card info followed us. Whether this is the work of the concierge or guest relations is unclear. When I asked last week at Guest Relations, they were surprised that the info was already entered.

Thank you for the info on B2B passengers. Also,I would like to know if you were able to have the same stateroom for the 3 weeks ;and if, when booking, you can request not to change rooms.

It would be great to sail with you and DW someday.......,, you have so much experience in cruising.

We did not book all 8 cruises at the same time. We have changed cabins twice already but will be in the same cabin for the rest. One of our changes was to the adjoining cabin, the other a few cabins down the same hallway. We packed the small stuff, went for coffee in cafe al baccio and came back at 9 and our stuff was already in our new cabin.

Arno, it looks like they cut way back on trivia offered. No morning triva on port days? It looks like so many of the things to do on the daily list are of the extra charge variety. Less activity staff seems to equal more for pay activities. Not good.:(

Thanks for the updates! Keep them coming!

Hi, Arno.

Glad your ''marine snowbird odyssey '' is working out well so far.

What's your opinion of Jamie Petts ( HD) ? We had the privilege of enjoying him during a CENTURY cruise summer 2012 with my family

(DS,DDIL, 2 dgd ) Heather thinks he's the sharpest looking ''officer''..and of course he's from the UK,like her..:rolleyes:.

Greetings to Joanne.

BTW; have they ''normalized ''the sound volume , compared to last winter?

Cheers

Claude

We are sailing with Celebrity on the Reflection the end of march. Since we are new to the brand and this ship I cannot tell you how thankful I am for all the hard work you are doing to give everyone so much info about the Ship!! We are devouring all the info and it really gives us so much info to get even more excited about as we get ready to sail!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the cruise and thanks again for all the info!!

I t all depends as well the facing of the ships because the NCL Getaway is not facing the right way

No one is a know it all,.

Reflection is the first to leave but the last in line in the Port of Miami

IMG_3092_zps6a5137ea.jpg

This picture was posted by someone on MSC several weeks ago as we left Miami:

ReflectionMiamisailaway_zpsfdc66e8d.jpg

View from deck 6:

IMG_3094_zpsb643d7cb.jpg

After warning blasts from the bridge, this barge slowly moved out of the way:

IMG_3095_zpse7217e71.jpg

Carnival Breeze:

IMG_3096_zps3ecc65d9.jpg

Thanks Arno,

Have you been ordering room service breakfast? The menu you posted looks quite different than the menu from a few years ago. No pancakes, fried eggs, omelets with actual things in them, Oatmeal,etc. Seems like Celebrity has cut way back on this service.

Just wondering if you've used this service and what your experience was.

Have you been ordering room service breakfast? The menu you posted looks quite different than the menu from a few years ago. No pancakes, fried eggs, omelets with actual things in them, Oatmeal,etc. Seems like Celebrity has cut way back on this service.

I have the same question. Thanks Arno for your helpful posts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Arno,

Just wondering if you've used this service and what your experience was.

Sorry but it has been years since we have had room service breakfast.

We occasionally go to the elite breakfast to share a fruit plate and go to cafe al bacio for coffee.

Also on Reflection now. There are only 2 sea days on this Western itinerary. First day, Lawn Club Grill was open for lunch, $25 pp for a luncheon menu. Second sea day, both Tuscan and Murano had a lunch offering, same price. We ate at Tuscan today and it was wonderful, great service and food and a dynamite view off the aft of the ship. Choices for main entree were grilled steak (DH had this and loved it), grilled snapper, lasagna and mushroom ravioli in a garlic cream sauce. Appetizers and desserts were all included. It's a great deal and a great way to sample the specialty restaurants.

Thanks for great review. We are in Miami awaiting your arrival so we can board!

Disembarkation:

Do u know what time first people were off the ship last week? Or if u can tell tomorrow please post that also. We have early flight next Saturday and am curious to how much time we will have to get to MIA.

Thanks for all your insights

Travel safe!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are on the Feb 28th sailing. I am so disappointed that they changed the times of the shows. We have the 8:30 dinner seating and have always liked going to the show after dinner. Our only choice now is before. Not sure why they would change this.