Reflection January 17, 2015 Western Caribbean Cruise

C 2 C

Thank you again for the wonderful review. Do you know if there were any organized gatherings for singles on the ship?

Hi:)...I am not on the cruise with Arno but I have been sailing solo

with Celebrity for a long, long time. I have never seen any "organized"

gatherings, but then again, I haven't looked for any. I always it find

it very easy to meet other people on board...marital status is not

important to me....as long as folks are friendly:).

One suggestion I will make is to check out the roll call for your cruise.

It is a nice way to meet other people.:)

Hi:)...I am not on the cruise with Arno but I have been sailing solo

with Celebrity for a long, long time. I have never seen any "organized"

gatherings, but then again, I haven't looked for any. I always it find

it very easy to meet other people on board...marital status is not

important to me....as long as folks are friendly:).

One suggestion I will make is to check out the roll call for your cruise.

It is a nice way to meet other people.:)

Lois - I was asking for my daughter, who is single and traveling with me on an upcoming cruise. In the past (perhaps on another cruiseline), there have been notices of a "singles" get together. These are usually posted near the purser desk and/or listed in the Dailies.

I am on all my Roll Calls, and we plan to have a private Meet & Greet on embarkation day. So far, no single guys listed. ;)

There was a gathering for solo cruisers in the Hideaway somewhere along the line.

It varies from week to week.

Thanks! I guess they take a look at the manifest and see how many singles are sailing. ;)

cbfbWe are on the Feb 28th sailing. I am so disappointed that they changed the times of the shows. We have the 8:30 dinner seating and have always liked going to the show after dinner. Our only choice now is before. Not sure why they would change this.

Actually, that's the way the shows/dinner times used to be worked out before My Time Dining came into the picture. My DH and I enjoy going to the show, first. Otherwise, I fall asleep during a late show. We also take the 8:30 dinner time.

Edited by Iamthesea

When did "my time dining" start? This is just our 3rd cruise on Reflection, around the same dates, different itinerary, but the other 2 had the later shows. Doesn't matter, it is what it is I'm just surprised as there is limited activity later at night as it is. Certainly won't ruin my trip!!!

We're pulling away from the pier right now, right after muster drill. Everyone must be on board for anothemr sold out cruise.

Cloudy skies but the sun is peeking out.

If there are enough people who want a live report of the January 24th cruise let me know before I start reading a good book.

From Reflection, as Captain Peppas would say ciaou for now.

Edited by Arno.

When did "my time dining" start? This is just our 3rd cruise on Reflection, around the same dates, different itinerary, but the other 2 had the later shows. Doesn't matter, it is what it is I'm just surprised as there is limited activity later at night as it is. Certainly won't ruin my trip!!!

"My time dining" has been around for awhile. It may be called something else on Celebrity. Maybe Select Dining? We do not participate, and prefer the set dining times. My point was that years ago, when the dining times were either Early and Late, the shows were before the Late seating, and after the Early seating so that everyone had a chance to see it and the theater wasn't overcrowded. When we first starting cruising, the main show was just about it for evening entertaining. Now there are many different things going on around the ship and since Select, Anytime, My Time, whatever, the shows have been at odd hours. The theater rarely has a full house. It is interesting that this particular cruise seems to have changed back. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

We're pulling away from the pier right now, right after muster drill. Everyone must be on board for anothemr sold out cruise.

If there are enough people who want a live report of the January 24th cruise let me know before I start reading a good book.

Bon voyage! Love your "live" reports but hate to take you away from your book! ;)

It started more than 3 years ago.....I can't remember the exact time

but it has been going on for while. I know it was prior to 2012 because

I was on Millennium in Jan 2012 and it was already in place for that

cruise.

Did you do your own thing in Georgetown? If so, how was the tendering situation. I assume that they let one person collect tender tickets for the whole party. How early did you have to sign up for tender tickets in order to get off at a reasonable time?

Arno, I absolutely love your reports. Please share some highlights of your January 24th cruise!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the info...I think I was confused about the correlation between the two.

We can't wait to be onboard no matter what the entertainment is and with 2 feet of snow predicted for the upcoming week it can't come soon enough!!!

Thanks Arno. We were on the beautiful Reflection this past week. We saw you and your lovely wife out and about and thought that we might meet you at the Senior Officers Party. However my 'significant' 3/4 century birthday' got in the way with a celebration in Tuscan at 7:30 on Wednesday evening.

This was our first time on a Solstice ship - we really liked the look and feel of the ship. We enjoy all types of music and it was fun to sit in a comfy chair with a glass of wine, listen to music from one venue or another and watch people enjoy the ship.

I gazed longingly at our balcony as we said good-bye Saturday morning - we certainly could and maybe will in the future consider this our condo as well. We are booked for a b2b for next January just in time for our 50th wedding anniversary.

Keep up the good work of bringing us along on your travel journeys.

Pat

We are presently in San Juan under beautiful weather conditions. Seas were so smooth this sailing that Reflection arrived early for the first time. All tours were moved forward 30 minutes and we will depart 30 minutes earlier than scheduled.

Thank you of all the kind comments. :D

We are presently in San Juan under beautiful weather conditions. Seas were so smooth this sailing that Reflection arrived early for the first time. All tours were moved forward 30 minutes and we will depart 30 minutes earlier than scheduled.

Thank you of all the kind comments. :D

Looking at 3 ft. of snow here: I hate you Arno!:D

Arno: Thank you so much for your well thought-out, practical, informative, and entertaining posts. Reflection is the only ship in Celebrity's fleet we have not enjoyed. We look forward to sailing on the Feb 21st cruise. Will you be there? How's the ocean water temp? We'll also be on Silhouette for BI cruise June 9th if there's a chance of meeting you then? Thanks again and keep up the repartee!