50th Anniversary

cruisequeen007

There was an e-mail sent out to some folks on here that shared it.

50th Anniversary or 50th birthday bottle of wine. If you sail on the exact month of the b-day or Ann. $50.00 OBC. I called and got the OBC. I turned fifty this month and sail this month.

Here's a link to 50th Anniversary info including a new menu option:

http://www.princess.com/50th-anniversary/celebrations-onboard/

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/50th-anniversary/50th-Anniversary-Menu.pdf

On a recent cruise there were many souvenirs for purchase but nothing complimentary. The ship had the 50th Anniversary logo all over the ship.

Also, there are selected cruises that have been tagged "50th Anniversary Sale" and depending on which country you live/book from has varying specials applied to that particular cruise.

Example Special (on Mediterranean and Black Sea Collection 21 day Emerald Princess June 6th):

50th Anniversary Sale

Celebrate 50 years with Princess Cruises with our BIGGEST SALE EVER! Save up to $500 per person*, get up to $200 FREE Anniversary spending money‡ and FREE specialty dining for 2**! PLUS bring your loved ones with up to 50% off 3rd and 4th guests†! BOOK TODAY with a REFUNDABLE reduced deposit of $100!^

Lots of fine print attached (of course).

That example is for USA bookings. Booking from Australia (where I am) gives different "Sale" specials. Not to mention that the comparative pricing for the cabins themselves on the same cruise is way different even taking into consideration the exchange rates.

Edited by fnqboatie
punctuation

There was an e-mail sent out to some folks on here that shared it.

50th Anniversary or 50th birthday bottle of wine. If you sail on the exact month of the b-day or Ann. $50.00 OBC. I called and got the OBC. I turned fifty this month and sail this month.

Me too! :) Happen to be sailing on my 50th and Princess' 50th. Pretty neat!

We're celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary on the Grand this month...wonder if I should call?

Offer is only for those celebrating a 50th birthday or a 50th anniversary.

So, congrats on 55 years, but no OBC for it.

We received a snazzy blue reusable bag with the 50th anniversary logo on it in our stateroom....oh wait, we received the same type bag last year too minus the 50th year logo.....:rolleyes:

LOL. There is a special menu one night with 50th specialties, none of which appealed to me much. They also have the always available stuff, too, so that was salmon night for me. I didn't try the little red dessert, but others said it was good.

LOL. There is a special menu one night with 50th specialties, none of which appealed to me much. They also have the always available stuff, too, so that was salmon night for me. I didn't try the little red dessert, but others said it was good.

We felt the same way about that menu (http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/50th-anniversary/50th-Anniversary-Menu.pdf) & made that our Crown Grill night instead. :)

When I check the itinerary of my booking, it has this at the bottom:

I'm getting $100 OBC for the 8-day cruise. The deposit was only $200 total. I guess I'll also get a free specialty dining for 2.

50th Anniversary Sale: OBC T&Cs

Please refer to princess.com for general terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings. All Fares and Onboard Credits are quoted in US Dollars. This offer is capacity controlled, non-transferable and not combinable with select other promotions or land packages. *UP TO $500 SAVINGS: is based on a per guest discount off applicable Launch Fares on a space-available basis at time of booking on select cruises. Launch Fares are offering fares and may not have been in effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion. *FREE ONBOARD SPENDING MONEY: Applies up to $100 per stateroom ($50 per guest) cruises between 7 and 10 days and up to $200 per stateroom ($100 per guest) for cruises 11 days and longer. An onboard credit will be applied to guest's onboard folio to be used towards purchases taken during the cruise. The onboard spending money may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for cash and expires at the end of the cruise.

50th Anniversary Sale: Dining T&Cs

* FREE SPECIALTY DINING FOR 2: On the guest's behalf, Princess will make a reservation for a complimentary dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant. Restaurants vary by ship. Specialty dining gratuities are included. One offer per stateroom. It will be at the guest's discretion as to which guest redeems the offer. Offer cannot be used toward the purchase of specialty dining packages, alcoholic beverages or sodas. Princess has the right to substitute for an onboard credit of equal value, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Offer excludes Princess lodge restaurants.

* REDUCED DEPOSIT of $100 per guest applies to all guests in stateroom.

• 6 months later...