Cpap machine and distilled water

TxChick

I called ahead on my last two cruises. An extension cord was waiting for me when I got there - it was a heavy duty 100 footer. You know, just in case I brought a power saw to use halfway down the hall.:cool::D

For water, one had it in my room for $2 and the other was free, but I had to call room service to remind them about my order. I then waited about 2 hours for the room service guy to show up.:mad:

The water on the ship is condensed from steam, so I would probably just use it next time.

I just use the water from the faucet in the bathroom. The water filtration system on the ship is better than some of the name brand off the shelf water companies use. I have sailed twice and used tap water each time, and never had a problem.

We've cruised 3-4 times since DH started using a CPAP machine and he just uses the ship's tap water. At home he does use distilled water. But occasionally it doesn't hurt the machine to use ship water, or bottled. He always carries a good extension cord in his case too as you never know when you'll need one and you do need one on the ship.

We've cruised 3-4 times since DH started using a CPAP machine and he just uses the ship's tap water. At home he does use distilled water. But occasionally it doesn't hurt the machine to use ship water, or bottled. He always carries a good extension cord in his case too as you never know when you'll need one and you do need one on the ship.

Slide the mattress back or steward, unplug lamp on my side, couch side, and plug in cpap, requires single adaptor, no cord across floor.

Nothing to do with the ship issue, but please consult you dr regarding use of distilled water.

Distilled water is also demineralized. Which may at face value sound like a good thing, until you consider that it absorbs minerals from the body and allows them to be eliminated. It is also biologically pure, and an excellent medium for life. This means that "things" (bacterias) can and will easily grown in an open container of distilled water. You if you choose to use distilled water, you may want to consider the smaller bottles so the chance of a "bad bottle" is less.

Fill up a couple of clean 20 oz. Diet Pepsi bottles with distilled water.

I bring three. I put them in the CPAP case.

Never an issue with the bottles.:p;)

The ships water is augmented with the local water from the ports served.

Notice the blue fire hose looking things, that are on the little pedistals on the dock.

Edited by fireofficer5

THEY DO HAVE DISTILLED water on carnival it is $3.00 a gallon and you ask your room steward.remember cpap manufacturer s require distilled water and if use anything else it can void the warranty

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

THEY DO HAVE DISTILLED water on carnival it is $3.00 a gallon and you ask your room steward.remember cpap manufacturer s require distilled water and if use anything else it can void the warranty

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Yeah its kind of like tearing the label off a mattress. Who the heck is going to know?

Nothing to do with the ship issue, but please consult you dr regarding use of distilled water.

Distilled water is also demineralized. Which may at face value sound like a good thing, until you consider that it absorbs minerals from the body and allows them to be eliminated. It is also biologically pure, and an excellent medium for life. This means that "things" (bacterias) can and will easily grown in an open container of distilled water. You if you choose to use distilled water, you may want to consider the smaller bottles so the chance of a "bad bottle" is less.

I don't think science would agree with this........

The reason we use distilled water in our machines is so we do not inhale the chemicals that are added to the municipal water supplies.

Three examples, chlorine, fluoride, muriatic acid, these vapors

(although microscopic) goes straight into your lungs, for eight hours.

Edited by fireofficer5

• 3 weeks later...

Im brand new to cpap world: discovered sleep apnea by mistake kinda -- went to doc for one thing and he decided I have sleep apnea and sent me for a study: female, small neck, no snoring= SEVERE sleep apnea!

Who knew?!

So I do or dont need an adapter for my cpap?

Edited by spleenstomper