Queen Victoria World Cruise 2015 almost live!

jo-b

If anyone is still following we are still going strong, we are in Long beach now with free wifi in a Renaissance hotel.

A big turn round day about 1000 off and more getting on. People who tried to book to stay on we're on a waiting list, at huge prices.

Another 7pm show last night so we actually got to see two of the performers, Will Martin from NZ a young singer and pianist, extremely talented an dJohn Joseph a U.S. comedian who was very very good. If the rest have been to this standard its a pity we are so rubbish at staying awake!

Our Head Waiter Ryan got off today and he will be sorely missed he is one of the best we have ever had, a super bloke seemingly endlessly cheerful.

[quote name='jo-b']

A big turn round day about 1000 off and more getting on. People who tried to book to stay on we're on a waiting list, at huge prices. [/QUOTE]

I'd love to know the reason for the huge prices. Supply and Demand?

Thank you for the update. Someone posted lovely pictures of the Victoria docked in San Pedro today. Enjoy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I think the reason for the high demand is that it is a Panama Canal cruise and its part of a World Cruise. There is definitely more of a holiday atmosphere and more children aboard. The wine waiters are certainly pleased. To see mor stolidly makers on board!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another great day yesterday in Cartagena and the blog should now be updated. We also had the excitement today of having a talk from Buzz Aldrin which was hugely over popular as you can imagine. The port talk beforehand was packed, hardly anyone left and the line was back to the Queen's Room waiting to go in! It was broadcast live on stateroom TV and the Golden Lion which was also packed out.

Very inspirational gentleman, a living legend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back in Fort Lauderdale today with less than two weeks to go [emoji20]
Cunard didn't cover themselves in glory with disembarkation. We were early in transit and along with self disembarkation were to wait in the Queen's Room at 7am. The plan was to issue tickets like for tendering so we would not have to stand in the terminal for too long. So most people are there from 6.30 onwards and by 7.20 not a sign of a member of staff. Then by some sort of osmosis everyone got up and went to where the gangway was set up. Of course that was chaos and elevators and stairways were blocked but despite requests to the hotel manager and her staff no body intervened to ensure we weren't causing obstructions. I was told when I complained about the safety aspect don't worry if there's a fire we will get you all off!!!

Homeland Security were almost well organised by comparison. Although only two officers until 8am they did seem to be sending more people out then.

Other than that all going we'll. Blog should be up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by jo-b

I'm sure it's sad to think your world cruise is winding down. I'll be joining in NYC for the transatlantic so just the start of a vacation for some of us. perhaps we will meet on board.

Enjoyed your blog.

Rob

[quote name='Ray66']

Port Canaveral tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

QV, welcome to Central Florida. Since I live only 30 miles from Port Canaveral, I may drive over to see her.

It's been a year since I left her after the World Voyage.

Don

[quote name='Ray66']Webcam showing QV in Fort Lauderdale today

[url]http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/[/url]

Port Canaveral tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

QV has just started moving. I think on her next call at Ft. Lauderdale I'll be arriving on her.

Roy

[quote name='rafinmd']Arriving now on:

[URL]http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/[/URL]

Roy[/quote]
Slowly working her way to New York to pick me up! Really looking forward to being on QV for the first time!

Roy: enjoy the TA on Serenity!

Here in Cocoa Village today, what a beautiful spot!

Pity we only get into Charleston tomorrow at 10 am. It looks like a really interesting place.

Can't believe we only have two ports before we are home, where has the time gone!

[quote name='rgaudet']Slowly working her way to New York to pick me up! Really looking forward to being on QV for the first time!

Roy: enjoy the TA on Serenity![/QUOTE]

Have an awesome crossing on QV. Having sailed NA and Eurodam I think you'll feel quite at home. QV has been the Cunarder I've used most as a cruise ship (but only 15 days so far), and I really look forward to returning in January. It looks like 8 months from today they'll be kicking me off her.

Roy

[quote name='fantasy51']that is a pity! Arrive early at southampton and we'll dance in the streets. ;)[/quote]

I like your style ... a sort of Tango like they do in Argentina ... give the folks something to take their mind off, while waiting to board.:D:D

Well Charleston was outstanding, lovely place and great people. W ear rives late so stayed an hour later than scheduled but are now ploughing our way to NYC to swap 900 passengers for a new batch:)

Cunard passengers so kind, a passenger came aboard Saturday without any shoes, he was refused entry to Britannia restaurant, luckily a kind passenger who he did not know has lent him a pair in his size . I suppose one should not travel wearing flip flops!

[quote name='Pennbank']Cunard passengers so kind, a passenger came aboard Saturday without any shoes, he was refused entry to Britannia restaurant, luckily a kind passenger who he did not know has lent him a pair in his size . I suppose one should not travel wearing flip flops![/QUOTE]

Yes, I would have done the same thing.
Lend out my shoes as I usually have plenty with me. :)
In fact I lent my gym shoes to a very famous member of our Royal Family two years ago when she arrived at the 5 star spa hotel where I work. She had forgotten her trainers so I lent her mine. :) In return she gave me a big box of Elemis products. :D We were both happy.