Does Carnival Still sing and dance everynight in the Main Dining room

go fish 44

I think that's what half of these CC arguments boil down too...expectations...I do enough research for any vacation I take to form realistic expectations and for that I generally enjoy myself and don't get my panties in a bundle over anything....but I would not cruise with Carnival and expect 5 star service...I cruise with Carnival and expect hairy chest contests....same goes for what clothes I anticipate to see in the dining room, the quality of the lobster and the talent for the entertainment...I expect to get what I pay for...if I want classy, if I wanted harp playing in the dining room etc....I would pick another line....

Yay! Other people share my thoughts. I think the dirty napkin twirling in the dining room really takes away from the ambiance. Nothing like lifting your wine glass to take a sip and there being crumbs floating in it that flew in off the guys napkin two tables from you. Yuck in my opinion. I say some soft music playing in the background is far more entertaining than pole dancers jumping up on tables while I'm eating my lobster. To me it is the worst part of cruising. I love going to the MDR but the dancing ... needs to go .. keep it classy ...... there are clubs for that ..... in my opinion of course. Happy cruising!!!

Yay! Other people share my thoughts. I think the dirty napkin twirling in the dining room really takes away from the ambiance. Nothing like lifting your wine glass to take a sip and there being crumbs floating in it that flew in off the guys napkin two tables from you. Yuck in my opinion. I say some soft music playing in the background is far more entertaining than pole dancers jumping up on tables while I'm eating my lobster. To me it is the worst part of cruising. I love going to the MDR but the dancing ... needs to go .. keep it classy ...... there are clubs for that ..... in my opinion of course. Happy cruising!!!

While I agree with you that the napkin thing is kind of gross, I definitely disagree about the dancing. It creates such a fun atmosphere, and it's awesome to see the waiters and waitresses be able to have fun for a few minutes. They work so hard, to see them be able to let lose and to see the camaraderie between them is great. I think if someone wants a high scale experience during dinner, that's what the Steakhouse is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you dislike it just book MTD .

They dance at My Time Dining also.

I am not a fan of the dancing anyway but I did find it quite annoying on our last cruise that after waiting about 20 minutes to get a table as we were being seated at our table the announcement came over the speaker that "it was showtime" and all of the waiters cleared out to prepare. By the time they got all done with the dancing and singing and returned to their stations we had been sitting there for a good 15 minutes without even having our water glasses filled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By the time they got all done with the dancing and singing and returned to their stations we had been sitting there for a good 15 minutes without even having our water glasses filled.

Which is why the American Table is good: water is already on the table for you to help yourself to. [emoji6]

Which is why the American Table is good: water is already on the table for you to help yourself to. [emoji6]

Actually we found the water at the table thing to be very sporadic. Some servers would leave it at the table and some would not leave it and bring when refills were needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I should know this by now, but have used anytime dining as of late. Are there certain set times for the dancing waiters? Will be taking my sisters on a cruise and would really like them to see this at least once! For myself I can take it or leave it...