Does Carnival Still sing and dance everynight in the Main Dining room

go fish 44

No, they don't sing and dance every night, not in 2015 when this was first posted or now almost in 2017.

Huh, I wonder what they were doing on our Vista cruise in July then. If you are going to quote my old posts you will be going back more than 2 years. That said it is still true.

Sent from my iPhone

I got very sick on the Valor as did many of from my travel group. I swear it was the filthy practice of twirling towel that were used to wipe boogers, spat into, etc. Lovely thought, isn't it?

Carnival needs to END this filth and perhaps try a celebration BEFORE serving dinner, and concentrate on SERVING.

No, they don't sing and dance every night, not in 2015 when this was first posted or now almost in 2017.

It is always nice to see two year old threads brought back from the dead. :rolleyes:

So to be clear you are saying that Carnival has instituted a change fleet wide and there has been nightly singing and dancing in the MDR since January 2015 and not just during the inaugural season of the Vista?

Nope

Sent from my iPhone

I am not a fan of waiters singing and dancing. They have enough to do serving thousands of people at once. I am sure a few waiters enjoy it but I think most just put on a fake smile and endure it. Have live musicians doing back ground music and leave it at that.

Nothing annoys me more than looking at my dessert at the waiters station melting as my waiter is dancing around the dining room.

I am not a fan of waiters singing and dancing. They have enough to do serving thousands of people at once. I am sure a few waiters enjoy it but I think most just put on a fake smile and endure it. Have live musicians doing back ground music and leave it at that.

Nothing annoys me more than looking at my dessert at the waiters station melting as my waiter is dancing around the dining room.

LOL, well if nothing annoys you more than that, than I guess you are doing ok. Having spoken to enough wait staff to understand that the majority actually enjoy doing it.... My view is that you won't see live background music anytime soon in the MDR of any Carnival ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do agree icon14.gif

To the new waiters they may enjoy it, those that have been there awhile not so much. Consider yourself lucky when people start swinging those napkins around that food crumbs don't land in your desert ;)

I am not a fan of waiters singing and dancing. They have enough to do serving thousands of people at once. I am sure a few waiters enjoy it but I think most just put on a fake smile and endure it.

This is going to sound selfish, but I don't care because I'm not PC. I'm sure most waiters don't like working on a cruise ship serving strangers for 6-8 months straight so whether or not they enjoy singing/dancing is sorta irrelevant. What matters is whether or not the paying passengers enjoy the show.

This is going to sound selfish, but I don't care because I'm not PC. I'm sure most waiters don't like working on a cruise ship serving strangers for 6-8 months straight so whether or not they enjoy singing/dancing is sorta irrelevant. What matters is whether or not the paying passengers enjoy the show.

If you are not PC, then are you a Mac?

Agree..... You being a first timer on Carnival lately, what were your thoughts about the singing in the MDR?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is PC?

I get what you are saying

however I would say 50% of the passengers do not enjoy it. Also IMHO the waiters should serve food-not entertain. Leave singing and dancing to the entertainment crew. Or better yet -when the waiters start singing and dancing have the entertainers serve me my dessert!:)

Edited by harry0

Agree..... You being a first timer on Carnival lately, what were your thoughts about the singing in the MDR?

I really didn't mind it. The way I saw it was, CCL brands themselves as the "Fun" ships. Therefore, one shouldn't cruise CCL who expects white glove service and a violin in the MDR. Adding a little fun to the MDR is just who CCL is. Though I'm not usually a fan of dancing waiters, I found it refreshing. Besides, my wife got up and started dancing the Gangham Style with them, so the fun she had is really all that matters. :)

On HAL or Celebrity, I'd find it annoying, simply because it wouldn't fit with the theme of the cruise. But on CCL, it seemed to fit well and the vast majority of the MDR was on their feet.

If you are not PC, then are you a Mac?

Good one. :D

I really didn't mind it. The way I saw it was, CCL brands themselves as the "Fun" ships. Therefore, one shouldn't cruise CCL who expects white glove service and a violin in the MDR. Adding a little fun to the MDR is just who CCL is. Though I'm not usually a fan of dancing waiters, I found it refreshing. Besides, my wife got up and started dancing the Gangham Style with them, so the fun she had is really all that matters. :)

On HAL or Celebrity, I'd find it annoying, simply because it wouldn't fit with the theme of the cruise. But on CCL, it seemed to fit well and the vast majority of the MDR was on their feet.

Exactly my thoughts. They danced on 4 or 5 nights of the cruise and the waitstaff seemed to enjoy it as did the passengers. I don't know when they had the time to practice but they looked well choreographed.

What is PC?

I get what you are saying

however I would say 50% of the passengers do not enjoy it. Also IMHO the waiters should serve food-not entertain. Leave singing and dancing to the entertainment crew. Or better yet -when the waiters start singing and dancing have the entertainers serve me my dessert!:)

Probably varies by sailing but I don't believe that I saw any passengers who weren't enjoying the show (not to say they weren't there, just all of the passengers I could see were smiling, laughing and having a great time with it).

I enjoy the singing and dancing. It's not something we ever see or do at home so it makes the cruise that much more special! It feels like it's a time to just let loose and enjoy something that is outside your normal comfort zone. I would never get up in a restaurant and dance to Flo Rida low, low, low at home but on a cruise I let loose and I dont care. That being said, I also enjoy the formal band that plays on NCL ships in their formal dining room. It is elegant to hear but is definitely not as fun

cool, thanks