Does Carnival Still sing and dance everynight in the Main Dining room

go fish 44

Thanks everyone for answering my question

We too hate it and have just called Carnival Corporation to get all the future cruise certifcates that we had prebought to refund our money.

We were on a trans Altantic 13 night cruise and our waiter was head singer so she had to threw the dinner on the table and we were unable to get any conditiments to go with roast beef etc. as it was way more important to sing then server your tables. She had 25 guests and 2 terrible assistances.

We will never again sail on Carnival, there are too many great ships that acttually let you eat your meal and have a conversation with your tablemates. That is what Main dining room is supossed to be, chat and eat.

We too hate it and have just called Carnival Corporation to get all the future cruise certifcates that we had prebought to refund our money.

We were on a trans Altantic 13 night cruise and our waiter was head singer so she had to threw the dinner on the table and we were unable to get any conditiments to go with roast beef etc. as it was way more important to sing then server your tables. She had 25 guests and 2 terrible assistances.

We will never again sail on Carnival, there are too many great ships that acttually let you eat your meal and have a conversation with your tablemates. That is what Main dining room is supossed to be, chat and eat.

Don't go on Celebrity then. They have the Baked Alaska parade (waving of the dirty napkins) and dance on the last night too.

Don't go on Celebrity then. They have the Baked Alaska parade (waving of the dirty napkins) and dance on the last night too.

I always thought I enjoyed it on a cruise until I sailed on Princess. After a few cruises, there was a headwaiter who enjoyed singing. It was such a disturbance and only reminded me of this nonsense on Carnival. We've sailed with this headwaiter a few times now and it is always the same songs he chooses to sing. Sure, he has a nice voice, but it had become bothersome.

They still offer the Baked Alaska parade, to which I don't find annoying.

For people with any time dining, when is the best time to go eat to avoid the singing and dancing? The napkin swinging definitely doesn't sound all that appetizing.

About 90 minutes into traditional dining times. So 7:30 and 9:45 for dining times 6p and 8:15.

YMMV.

I don't recall the dancing and napkin twirling in any time dining. On the Carnival ships we have sailed, they used a completely different dining room for any time dining than traditional. So you aren't if even near the people dining traditional. Most (all?) Carnival ships have two dining rooms. Do they always segregate any time guests to one dining room? Or are some of the dining rooms shared between any time and traditional?

Edited by dioxide45

We have always enjoyed the dancing too! Some of the waiters really seem to get into it and its fun watching them having fun. We know we are not going to get service during the performance but the waiters always seem to jump right back to work as soon as it is done and its all good.

Sheeba67 I totally agree with you!

I want to "dine" not to feel like I am in a fast food environment place. I also get annoyed when your finished with dinner and we ask the waiter for coffee and dessert but the waiter tells us we have to wait until after they dance for us ..... we wait and wait and sit through that incongruous moment then when they are done we get our coffee and dessert....AND there are many times we are still eating our main course and have to hear all that noise and racket while trying to enjoy dinner. :eek:

Edited by lyndamr

Glad to read that a lot of up tight and pretentious people are leaving Carnival.

we can get back to having some "Fun" now.

This seems a little uncalled for about those with differing opinions of the dancing waiters. How are those who dislike the nonsense impacting your experience?

Does Carnival still have the singing and dancing every night during dinner.

What ships are you interested in? Carnival ships are all not the same. I was just on the Inspiration and there was no singing every night except an occasional "Happy Birthday". If you can specify which ships you wanting to know about other CC member can reply.

Tom:)

• 1 year later...
I absolutely love the dancing, I even joined in on the conga line one night on the Valor.

I got very sick on the Valor as did many of from my travel group. I swear it was the filthy practice of twirling towel that were used to wipe boogers, spat into, etc. Lovely thought, isn't it?

Carnival needs to END this filth and perhaps try a celebration BEFORE serving dinner, and concentrate on SERVING.

I got very sick on the Valor as did many of from my travel group. I swear it was the filthy practice of twirling towel that were used to wipe boogers, spat into, etc. Lovely thought, isn't it?

Carnival needs to END this filth and perhaps try a celebration BEFORE serving dinner, and concentrate on SERVING.

Please crawl back into your hole!:(

Not every night but at least twice they will do the 'dirty napkin' dance.

Never understood why people twirl there dirty napkins after dinner. Crumbs everywhere.

I saw a guy get up and scream at a few people at a neighboring table saying "STOP spinning your godd&m napkins into the air, my wife and I are still eating!" It was nearly a violent confrontation. But the people stopped right away.

It is a filthy practice and there are OTHER ways to still have it be a fun evening. Nobody wants other people's cooties.

I saw a guy get up and scream at a few people at a neighboring table saying "STOP spinning your godd&m napkins into the air, my wife and I are still eating!" It was nearly a violent confrontation. But the people stopped right away.

It is a filthy practice and there are OTHER ways to still have it be a fun evening. Nobody wants other people's cooties.

If he would have come over to my table I would have been tempted to give him a right cross to the jaw. Just like I didn't walk over to the assclown who thought it okay to wear his Jason Witten Cowboy's jersey to formal night. I'll have my fun, you have yours.

Of course I wouldn't twirl a soiled napkin. But if you don't like 'showtime' I'll suggest the steakhouse, buffet or anytime dining. You're also free to leave before it begins roughly 90 minutes into set dining times.

Lastly, on Freedom I think they did it about 3-4 nights.

Edited by jsglow