Where Are The Imagination/Inspiration Photo Reviews??

cruisexlife

Thanks for the awesome review and pictures.

We are sailing the Inspiration(3 day) over Valentine's weekend. I am getting really excited now. Has nothing to do with the frigid temperatures here at home(-40 C):eek:

We will be on that same cruise. The weather will be really nice, going to be in the 80s this weekend. hoping for the same thing on the cruise!

Keeping my fingers crossed for warm weather!!:)

Looking at the current 10 day, Monday and Tuesday before the cruise is showing mid 80's.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Long+Beach+CA+USCA0632:1:US

Should be really nice. Not pool weather, but nice enough to enjoy the pool deck and outdoor seating on lido! Let hope it stays that way.

Plus anything is warmer then Winnipeg!

Granted, the photo quality ain't for sh*t compared to the earlier poster's, (man...super quality!), but if you want reviews, you got 'em! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030572

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1914273

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1916928

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1948887

There. Enjoy. :)

Looking at the current 10 day, Monday and Tuesday before the cruise is showing mid 80's.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Long+Beach+CA+USCA0632:1:US

Should be really nice. Not pool weather, but nice enough to enjoy the pool deck and outdoor seating on lido! Let hope it stays that way.

Plus anything is warmer then Winnipeg!

You got that right!!

Less than a week to go and only 4 days till we fly into LAX :D

Thanks for the great pictures and review. We will be on the Imagination next month. I have been on the sister ships Elation, Paradise, & Inspiration so I know this will be another great cruise. You should try some of the newer Carnival ships. The Imagination is an old ship and the Breeze for example is beautiful and offer more storage space in the bathroom.

Thanks Tom, I enjoyed reading your review and looking at the photos. I have not been on more than a 3-4 day on Carnival in years but I enjoy these short Carnival cruises. I still fondly remember my one longer Carnival cruise. I am glad you gave Carnival a try and shared your thoughts.

• 2 months later...

We were on the Grand Princess in January, found the demographics aboard ship to be old (we aren't young, 66, although I heard 60 is the new 40). Carnival has a more fun atmosphere. The first time I had chilled soup was on Carnival, granted on a bigger ship, I was hooked. Holland has some great chilled soups. I think we will check out the Chef's table, you made it so enticing with the photos! Thanks for the very informative review.

Thanks for the thorough review of the Carnival Imagination! The photos were BEAUTIFUL! You could work for Carnival as a photographer - although from what I see, you are much better at it than they are! :)

Thanks for your kind words. I was a professional photographer before and feel that I have a good eye for composition. It means that it doesn't matter what camera you have, although I use a Nikon DSL, its what you do with your camera that counts.

I enjoy doing a blog of my cruise with photos and hope that other people can enjoy it too.

Thanks Again!:D

Tom

Edited by trbarton

• 2 months later...

IMG_0666_zpsf7955aff.jpg

Tom:)

Carnival is now using the old Catalina Ferries as tenders. It's good because they allow scooters and power chairs. Bad because the three boats hold either 270 or 400, depending.

Takes forever to load or unload if you're first on or last off.

Edited by SadieN

• 2 weeks later...
Carnival is now using the old Catalina Ferries as tenders. It's good because they allow scooters and power chairs. Bad because the three boats hold either 270 or 400, depending.

Takes forever to load or unload if you're first on or last off.

If I go on the Imagination or Inspiration, it would be during the summer when the sea is usually calmer.

Should I take Bonine/Dramamine before we go on the tender to Avalon? Or is the trip to the pier so short that we don't really need it?

This was more than a decade ago. But I once took the ferry from Long Beach to Avalon during the winter and pretty much everyone got seasick.

If I go on the Imagination or Inspiration, it would be during the summer when the sea is usually calmer.

Should I take Bonine/Dramamine before we go on the tender to Avalon? Or is the trip to the pier so short that we don't really need it?

This was more than a decade ago. But I once took the ferry from Long Beach to Avalon during the winter and pretty much everyone got seasick.

The day we went this July the water was like glass and there was no movement. We sat topside on the tender. My DD and I don't get seasick but If you sit up top you might be alright. There is movement getting on and off where the tender rocks back and forth like any tender anywhere during the transfer of passengers to and from a cruise ship. I am a firm believer in better to be safe than sorry. Perhaps there is something you can take that will not make you sleepy.