Strange ship in Nassau

centurycruiser

Go on Celebration cruises and see if that was it. It is a converted car transport.

That ship struck bottom in Freeport on Halloween and has been out of service. Celebration Cruise Line has renamed themselves Bahamas Paradise and purchased the former Carnival Celebration (right after it had undergone a refit for Costa)which is currently being refit in Palm Beach, FL. It will start 2 night cruises to Freeport in Feb. It still has the Carnival funnel and is easily recognizable as a cruise ship. Fun fact for the day

Actually is it called Bahamas Paradise Cruiseline. They are making it clear they have nothing to do with Bahamas Celebration Cruise line and the fact they are a new company. Even Cruise critic removed the now defunct Celebration from the message boards along with all previous posts.

It is supposed to start sailing the the first week of February.

Beaten by minutes. I will be in PB this week on some business and hoping to get some photos

Actually is it called Bahamas Paradise Cruiseline. They are making it clear they have nothing to do with Bahamas Celebration Cruise line and the fact they are a new company. Even Cruise critic removed the now defunct Celebration from the message boards along with all previous posts.

It is supposed to start sailing the the first week of February.

Yet they are honoring bookings made through the company that they "have nothing to do with,". Last time I checked, even their website was identical in layout to the old companies site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yet they are honoring bookings made through the company that they "have nothing to do with,". Last time I checked, even their website was identical in layout to the old companies site.

And the management and ownership is the same as well. Killing off a company and then re-starting as a completely new company is a classic liability limitation move. Not at all unlike taking a company into bankruptcy and then re-emerging as a new company - unsecured debts and obligations remain with the old company.

And the management and ownership is the same as well. Killing off a company and then re-starting as a completely new company is a classic liability limitation move. Not at all unlike taking a company into bankruptcy and then re-emerging as a new company - unsecured debts and obligations remain with the old company.

Exactly. The new company cannot be sued over debts, obligations, or liabilities of the old company. They will gladly honor the reservations of the "unrelated company" as those bookings are revenue, but if you have a complaint or grievance against the old company, sorry about your luck, as that company no longer exists. Historically in Florida, these companies tend to not stay on business very long anyway. Think back to SeaEscape, Sun Cruz, and all of the other gambling cruises. None of them were in business more than a few years.

freewinds-scientology-religious-retreat.jpg

Thanks for the "promo" pic. their good at portraying those...Yes while it's a beautiful ship inside & out...what it stands for and does...not so beautiful...still creepy.

Still doesn't change my mind about TC and his ability as an actor :)

Edited by Ashland

Trainman, thank you for the photo. That is a beautiful ship!

The whole day/night we were in Aruba I watched it when I had the opportunity when out on my balcony (which had a great view of it) and it was a ghost ship saw no one out on deck and no one coming or going and why it looked so creepy.

"Freewinds" was the former "MS Bohème" for Commodore Cruise Lines. My dear friend used to be her captain before moving on to Commodore's "Caribe I", later "Regal Empress".

"Bahamas Celebration" used to be an overnight ferry, but was extensively renovated. I sailed on her in 2012 for two nights, and she was a lovely ship, with great service and cuisine, even though she was only 35,000 tons. I had no issues with her. I don't always believe that bigger is better.

So now, we have "Grand Celebration" taking her place, indeed, even better. It is what it is.

A bit off subject..but...when we were recently in Aruba we saw a very creepy looking cruise ship...it was the Freewinds...turns out it's a very controversial ship owned by Scientology :eek:.

FYI

Freewinds is former Boheme from Commodore cruise lines. Sailed my second cruise on her in 1974. We had a great time even though the ship looked old then.

I miss Commodore cruise lines and the old cruise ships.

Sailing cruise #109 in six weeks on Serenade of the Seas; hope she is repaired by the.

Judy

That ship struck bottom in Freeport on Halloween and has been out of service. Celebration Cruise Line has renamed themselves Bahamas Paradise and purchased the former Carnival Celebration (right after it had undergone a refit for Costa)which is currently being refit in Palm Beach, FL. It will start 2 night cruises to Freeport in Feb. It still has the Carnival funnel and is easily recognizable as a cruise ship. Fun fact for the day

Wow! Confusing but definitely fun... need to see a pic

• 1 month later...