5% discount for nhs employees

sparky876

Just to explain I am not being provocative - just asking is there really a discount for nhs employees and why specifically nhs employees out of all the public service employees like policemen, fireman, teachers etc etc

Serving Military and Veterans get discount and Teachers can get 5% discount if they are in the union

• 4 months later...

Really does beg the question. Is there any group of employees who don't qualify. First it's military, now it's NHS. What about the Fire Brigade, the Police, Bristow Search & Rescue, RNLI? Where does it end and why is it being offered?

What Military discount? Do people not mean Military OBC. For serving military personnel or veterans. I am getting an extra £60 OBC for our week in Oct and £150 for our 2 weeks in Dec,it`s a welcome bonus. You have to take proof of eligibility on board and show the proof to reception (purser)or you will lose out.

Regards to all

W&P

Edited by Wull92

Just to explain I am not being provocative - just asking is there really a discount for nhs employees and why specifically nhs employees out of all the public service employees like policemen, fireman, teachers etc etc

All Public Sector employees or pensioners, can get a 5% discount by joining the Civil Service Sports Club. This includes civil servants, local government, the NHS, teachers, police, fire fighters and HM Armed Forces personnel.

How is this discount applied - deducted from your booking or through obc? If eligible, do you just ask at the time of booking - and what information would they need to verify at that time (I have read about the need for ID on board in case they want to check). Would you have to book directly with P&O or can it be done through your TA? I'm a bit in the dark over this - but could have been missing out so would appreciate any guidance/advice.

The CSSC website has a link to book directly with P&O, or a code and phone number for those who prefer to speak to someone.

The discount is off the price paid, not obc.

Just to add, although the CSSC is a sports club, with a £4ish per month membership fee, there are lots of non-sporting benefits, such as discounts at many retailers (either like this or discounted gift vouchers), cheap cinema tickets, free entrance to English Heritage properties, etc.

Edited by insanemagnet

I got my code from the free 'health service discounts' website and then rang direct, or you could use link. I got more obc by ringing than what was quoted on web too. It was taken off the total price including my husband, and I even got it for my daughter & she was added to our cabin a week after we booked! (Both non-nhs). I'll take my photo ID for boarding just incase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is much confusion here. When you book a cruise your final cruise price is shown in the cruise personaliser and includes all discounts OBC etc. The Pursers desk staff don't have the authority to add or deduct from the amount paid.

I claim shareholders OBC and have to make sure that I am credited with this as shown on my final account. If it isn't I don't get it. I'm sure the Purser staff have a good laugh at some of us at times, they would have a good one at a passenger flashing an NHS warrant card.

David.

Thanks all for your responses. I did get a 5% discount on my latest booking through my TA so I guess that's as good - you can't expect to get it both ways!!! We have Union membership for professions apparently included so if I don't manage to get a TA discount in the future, I'll try exploring this avenue. Pleased to hear it's independent of any P&O obc due. We get the Share holder obc but as balf says you have to claim that after full payment is made and within a couple of weeks or so of departure so quite separate to other discounts/promotions. But good point - make sure it's in writing!

Just so that I understand - if I get a code from the NHS site, am I able you quote this code to P&O reception and obtain the additional 5% discount on future cruises or, do I need to book through the NHS site to get the discount. Thanks.

Just so that I understand - if I get a code from the NHS site' date=' am I able you quote this code to P&O reception and obtain the additional 5% discount on future cruises or, do I need to book through the NHS site to get the discount. Thanks.[/quote']

That is not my understanding, and not the way it works with the CSSC.

You get a code from the website, and you quote that to the P&O booking line when you phone to book a cruise. The discount is deducted from the amount you pay.

There is no interaction with reception.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...