No more free drink coupon

thomarvin

Woohoo! Gotta love me some free Platinum water!

This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Revolutionary. Innovative!

Just another cutback, but this time, it is due to guest feedback from the "restrictions" Carnival placed. I'm surprised it isn't "lack of participation" like the Fun Farewell party.

Are you serious??? You are not excited to go on a cruise because they substituted a FREE item. Unreal. Thankfully for the cruise business most of us don't go on a cruise just for the freebies.

It's a free damn bottle of water. It's offensive to me. So yes, I'm completely serious.

The fact that they just downgrade loyal customers makes me worry what the hell else they plan to do. Start charging for Guy's and Blue Iguana? I wouldn't be surprised if that is the next trick they attempt to pull. THAT is why I'm less excited...because I don't trust the cruiseline anymore.

Was I going on the cruise simply for a free drink? NO. I wouldn't have spent well over $3,000 for a free drink.

Like I said, the reason I'm upset is the distrust I now have for this company.

Edited by HollandAvery

This is why many call CCL the walmart of the seas. They are very cheap with this latest move.

Would it be so difficult to let people use their drink coupon at any bar throughout the ship instead of forcing them into the sea day brunch mob scene?

Come on CCL

Maybe I've just been fortunate, but I've had brunch on the last sea day without seeing any mob scene or other problems. Sure it was busy, but not so busy that we had to wait for a table and no one was demanding a drink without sitting down to eat. I was perfectly happy with this limitation, which I assumed greatly reduced the number of drink sales Carnival lost. It was a good motivation to try brunch, which was excellent.

Booo!!! I sail Feb. 15. Those of us on a tight budget really appreciated the free drink! It was a much better value. I can easily get drinkable water around the ship any time I want.

Most of us are on some kind of budget, but were able to dig up money to cruise, go to specialty restaurants, go on excursions, souvenier shop. That drink isn't going to make a difference. Hasn't anyone noticed the increase of water drinkers carrying their bottles around or hauling their own water on board? That might have been part of their decision.

Most of us are on some kind of budget, but were able to dig up money to cruise, go to specialty restaurants, go on excursions, souvenier shop. That drink isn't going to make a difference. Hasn't anyone noticed the increase of water drinkers carrying their bottles around or hauling their own water on board? That might have been part of their decision.

Surely one measly liter of water isn't going to hold these people over for a week, therefore, eliminating them bringing water onboard. I doubt it has one speck of dust's worth to do with this latest slap to the face.

They're disguising this horrible cost cutting effort as being "all of the complainers' faults!" In order to send the pitchfork yielding, angry guests after the ones of us who just casually said it'd be nice if they could change the time frame on the coupon. It never really was a "perk" if they set it up in a way that it would not be redeemed by 75% of their VIFP customers. Don't get me wrong, I know fully well why they had it set up like that. Money is king no matter who you're dealing with. But, then maybe it should have been called an, "option," than a perk.

I didn't use it on my last cruise and likely never would have because I'm not an early drinker. I am also not a bottled water drinker onboard. I always fill my tumbler with water at the buffet. So, I won't be using this new "perk," either.

It's disappointing to me, but not because we lost the drink. I'm far more disappointed at how the delivery of this message was presented. Like, "don't get mad at us! Get mad at your fellow cruisers who complained about the coupon restrictions!"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

For crying out loud folks chill out, it is one drink...and like many have mentioned on here it was rarely redeemed anyways because you had to go to brunch to get it. I too am one of those that rarely made it to brunch and I have a 4 year old, so the bottled water will come in handy. Honestly will all the griping on here, go ahead and pay more money to cruise with someone else, oh and see if they let you carry on your bottle of wine.

Be happy you get to have nice vacations, many do not. *deep breath*

Honestly will all the griping on here, go ahead and pay more money to cruise with someone else, oh and see if they let you carry on your bottle of wine.

Be happy you get to have nice vacations, many do not. *deep breath*

Pretty much every cruise line lets you carry on one bottle of wine per person and two cruise lines let you bring on as much hard alcohol as your heart desires.

For what its worth on your next comment, one is paying for the privilege of going on vacation. There is nothing stopping others from making the same life decisions on a similar life path. We're all equal with the same opportunities. The cruise line is not doing us the favor, we are doing them the favor. Other companies throughout the hospitality industry would gladly take our money.

Edited by Pixelate

Pretty much every cruise line lets you carry on one bottle of wine per person and two cruise lines let you bring on as much hard alcohol as your heart desires.

For what its worth on your next comment, one is paying for the privilege of going on vacation. There is nothing stopping others from making the same life decisions on a similar life path. We're all equal with the same opportunities. The cruise line is not doing us the favor, we are doing them the favor. Other companies throughout the hospitality industry would gladly take our money.

You know, after all this time and what seems like hundreds of debates (usually about the same things) I think we finally agree on something! ;)

I think I might just have to play the lottery tonight! :p

Edited by firemanbobswife

No matter how CCL tries, there will always be some people who will like a change and some who won't. We hardly ever used the free drink coupon, as we don't really do the brunch. Would have actually liked the water better - but this change definitely will not make or break the great time we expect to have on our upcoming cruise.:)

Why not make the drink coupon redeemable anywhere on the ship? To take away a free drink and give a bottle of water in it's replacement is cheap...just cheap. :mad:

Almost as cheap as complaining about not getting free stuff huh.

You know, after all this time and what seems like hundreds of debates (usually about the same things) I think we finally agree on something! ;)

I think I might just have to play the lottery tonight! :p

Haha, I'm just enjoying the entertainment right now on a social media website. Seriously, it is making for some great reading. It's almost as good as the future cruise certificates!

Jimbo is just as shocked whenever we finally agree on something, but it's happening much more frequently!

Well, look on the bright side. At least Carnival is listening to our feedback! :rolleyes:

Edited by Pixelate

So take your money and give it to someone else then. If one drink will push you in that direction than knock yourself out.

And yes, Disney lets you carry on what your heart desires and it will cost you a pretty penny to do so. I for one like my cruises on Carnival and one little drink isn't going to change that.

And yes everyone has the opportunity but not everyone can afford a nice vacation.

So take your money and give it to someone else then. If one drink will push you in that direction than knock yourself out.

And yes, Disney lets you carry on what your heart desires and it will cost you a pretty penny to do so. I for one like my cruises on Carnival and one little drink isn't going to change that.

And yes everyone has the opportunity but not everyone can afford a nice vacation.

No worry. I'm Platinum. I still get my free drink. Even better, as an Elite Member with Princess, I get an entire complimentary mini bar and TWO complimentary mini bars in a suite. On a B2B in a suite, I get FOUR COMPLIMENTARY MINI BARS.

Well that sucks -- I was looking forward to my first free drink in March. I just started sailing Carnival (with one trip under the belt and two more planned), but I've already been disappointed with the changes they've made recently. I think the incentive to stick with one brand for the perks is going away for me. Certainly a bottle of water is no incentive at all! A free drink at brunch (which I love and plan to attend anyway)? Not huge, but a nice little perk that factors into the decision.

Sigh...

Well that sucks -- I was looking forward to my first free drink in March. I just started sailing Carnival (with one trip under the belt and two more planned), but I've already been disappointed with the changes they've made recently. I think the incentive to stick with one brand for the perks is going away for me. Certainly a bottle of water is no incentive at all! A free drink at brunch (which I love and plan to attend anyway)? Not huge, but a nice little perk that factors into the decision.

Sigh...

The incentive is going away on Carnival who continues to devalue the program. Oddly, others aren't doing the same so quickly.

Yesterday, Starwood just increased value in their program by making changes for Platinum 50. Instead of dictating we would receive ten suite night awards, Starwood will be giving Platinum 50 members the choice between those 10 SNAs and other benefits that can provide more value to the member.

Edited by Pixelate

It's a reward program ... we earned these perks!:rolleyes:

And it isn't the first time Carnival has taken away our benefits from their changes to this brilliant program!

As a Platinum, I didn't lose anything this time, but I feel strongly for those who did.

Yes, I am platinum too and I may or may not make it to the Brunch to redeem....big whoop.

Wow, that is so amazing. You seem pretty impressed with yourself.

No worry. I'm Platinum. I still get my free drink. Even better, as an Elite Member with Princess, I get an entire complimentary mini bar and TWO complimentary mini bars in a suite. On a B2B in a suite, I get FOUR COMPLIMENTARY MINI BARS.