No more free drink coupon

thomarvin

I'm disappointed with the water switch :mad: We did use our drink coupons. You didn't have to actually go to brunch to use it. They had a small bar set up outside the dining room during brunch and you could just walk up to the bar and get your drink and be on your way.

We did that as well - asked for 2 beers with the caps still on and put them in the room's fridge to enjoy later.

No way does it make you not want to go on a cruise but this reeks of more cost cutting and honestly just looks bad. We were eligible for 4 free drinks in our family so we do like lunch in dining room so it was easy for us. One day 2 drinks and then other day 2 drinks. Now water.yuck, we always bring a case on so this is no help.

It looks cheap

I dont think it is cheap at all. I think it would cost more. More people would use the water than get the drink (like me) and they have to purchase the water to give away and I the achohol has such a HUGE mark-up it is cheaper to give the drink. Plus now you it is one more thing the cabin steward has to take care of. Its is easier for them to put a piece of paper on your bed than to lug all that water to your cabin and keep track of what is free and what you buy in your cabin.

Thank you Carnival. I now can carry less water onto the ship. I will replace it with a few more sodas that I can bring. Now people will just smuggle on a few more shots to make up for that one less free drink.

It looks like I am going to get a free pin every time I sail now( Gold level). I do know where they can stick that pin that I will never use! I enjoyed my free drink and we used it every time.

Relax and enjoy life.

Yep, I don't keep the pins. I actually gave my last one to someone on CC that collects them.

I'm fine with the water, I usually drink too much alcohol and forget to hydrate. I will have less migraines this way :)

Thank you Carnival. I now can carry less water onto the ship. I will replace it with a few more sodas that I can bring. Now people will just smuggle on a few more shots to make up for that one less free drink.

It looks like I am going to get a free pin every time I sail now( Gold level). I do know where they can stick that pin that I will never use! I enjoyed my free drink and we used it every time.

Relax and enjoy life.

I already get free water in my complimentary Elite mini bar on another cruise line. :D

Really makes no difference. Free Stuff is nice and I always marched my self down to the MDR and ordered my free Bloody Mary. The folks that complained about having to go someplace to get something for free were the instigators of having this changed. As far as I am concerned you never look a gift horse in the mouth.

While I like a good deal as well as the next person you should be grateful and willing accept restrictions in order to get the benefits. Now I get both so works for me and I say Thanks!!!

Very well put!

If people continue to complain they might yank the water too.

Really makes no difference. Free Stuff is nice and I always marched my self down to the MDR and ordered my free Bloody Mary. The folks that complained about having to go someplace to get something for free were the instigators of having this changed. As far as I am concerned you never look a gift horse in the mouth.

While I like a good deal as well as the next person you should be grateful and willing accept restrictions in order to get the benefits. Now I get both so works for me and I say Thanks!!!

Very well put!

If people continue to complain they might yank the water too.

Yeah, a lot of people are complaining about the American table menu, so I guess carnival may decide to take away the MDR and just have the Buffet, since people are complaining about a menu of free food.

I like the water idea..I am not great at hauling anything but my bottle of wine,,,that first glass and some ice water side by side with it..being thirsty when you get to cabin..nice way to unpack not worrying about already starting your tab...lol..I like it..

Just get rid of the red, blue and gold program, the red and blue get squat now and the gold just gets water and the party which is always lame anyways. If they going to cut just get rid of it because every time you keep downgrading the program, your getting more people angrier...people that have been getting the free drink like it, its an incentive which also wants them to get to the next level which means booking up more carnival cruises which is money for the cruise line, sorry but I disagree on what Carnival is doing in fact its making me realize how other cruise lines programs are so much better you get so much more!

I didn't use mine on the Valor last week. I don't do MDR brunch, and with only one Sea Day, did not do MDR lunch. Also, there was not a bar setup outside the MDR that served breakfast/lunch, so it was pretty much worthless.

I didn't use mine on the Valor last week. I don't do MDR brunch, and with only one Sea Day, did not do MDR lunch. Also, there was not a bar setup outside the MDR that served breakfast/lunch, so it was pretty much worthless.

Just curious, would you have drank the water?

Nine cruises and we never bought water but we did use our free drink coupons. Just walked down to the main dining room ordered the drink and left to return to our chairs outside. Boo for Carnival.

I prefer the bottle of water. I usually buy the Cheers package, so the free drink didn't mean much. Since water is not included in Cheers, it is more meaningful to me. I always end up buying several large bottles of water during my cruise, so this will save me a few dollars.

Seriously, how can someone defend this unless their aren't alcoholic beverage drinkers?

Does Carnival not realize we can bring like 24 bottles of water on board? Welp lemme not say that too loud, they may cut my water allocation to bring on board during embarkation.

On a 7 day cruise, I always find a way to make it down at least once to brunch and take advantage of this. . . if you can't make it, then you lose it . . . no biggie.

I mean it's just principal at this point, this is a pointless cut.