wifi prices - again.

turtlemichael

On the wee sisters yes. On the bigger sisters as of last Sept it sounded like sign up was still outside the room.

Sent via squirrels and a rotary phone

Based on recent experience with other lines, it now seems possible to sign up on your device, anywhere where wi-fi is available.

You certainly can use if for multiple devices, but I can't remember if you can log on from more than one at once - I think not. I shall be having a refresher course before too long, as we'll be aboard, hopefully, on 16 March - yay!

I know that both DH and I used our tablets and Kindles on the last cruise, but it is possible / probable that we 'took turns'. And if one was hogging the access there are always the iPad newspapers in Seabourn Square. :)

Odd, Im fairly certain that I've had my phone and computer on at the same time. But maybe I caught their IT on an off week.

Did you buy a timed package or the unlimited package?

I suspect that if you buy minutes it may allow more than one device to connect at the same time.

However, on an unlimited package, it's in their interest to limit to just one device at a time.

We've never bought a 'minutes' package, always the unlimited package and although we've had no problem using two tablets and a laptop during the cruise, we have definitely not been able to both connect at the same time. (The work round for this of course is for us BOTH to buy the Diamond Package ;))

Am I making sense? :confused:

I suspect that if you buy minutes it may allow more than one device to connect at the same time.

However, on an unlimited package, it's in their interest to limit to just one device at a time.

We've never bought a 'minutes' package, always the unlimited package and although we've had no problem using two tablets and a laptop during the cruise, we have definitely not been able to both connect at the same time. (The work round for this of course is for us BOTH to buy the Diamond Package ;))

We have two phones two iPads and two laptops and complimentary unlimited but you can only log onto one device at a time.

Makes sense really.

That makes sense. I did have a minutes package v. unlimited so that could be the difference.

We have two phones two iPads and two laptops and complimentary unlimited but you can only log onto one device at a time.

Makes sense really.

Envious of your complimentary. I've calculated that it's going to take us at least another 6.5 years to get there. That's based on last year's 28 nights, which I don't think we're going to manage this year.

Can you sign up for internet in you cabin or do you still have to find the IT guy on deck 7? Not crazy about one device at a time but will manage or we will bring a spare router...

Hi carefreecruise. I did see your question earlier but as I'm not 100% sure of the answer I didn't reply. My last cruise was towards the end of December 2014, so recent yet I still can't remember for sure! SB now provides a cruise information booklet in the suite and I was looking to see if I still have it to give you an accurate answer. I don't still have it.

I do remember that I went to Seabourn Square after lunch on embarkation day, but I seem to think that I used one of the pcs there to sign myself up, rather than having to see the IT guy. I suspect it could have been done on my own device in the suite, but I'm not certain.

If you had to swipe your room key on the PC chances are they still require you to use IT or SB square to do the initial sign up.

Yes that's what I remember, it was a pain signing up; do the fact I needed to go back to the room, retrieving the wife's room card and setting up separate accounts. Wouldn't you know it was the farthest room away too... I guess I will be prepared this time and have her room key with me.

Thanks for the heads up...

I only use the computers on board and I never "sign up". I simply swipe my room card each time I use the computer, enter my suite number and exit at the end of my session. (I do not travel with any personal devices.)

I only use the computers on board and I never "sign up". I simply swipe my room card each time I use the computer, enter my suite number and exit at the end of my session. (I do not travel with any personal devices.)

But you still have to pay for your time used online, right?

How about using a wifi travel router to create your own network for mutiple devices, mind you range might be an issue.

Yes,it is possible but as you say range is the issue,it's ok when you are in your suite but we like to have a signal anywhere on the ship.

It all works out well and we never have an issue.

Edited by Mr Luxury