Cozumel Moves To Eastern Time Zone

keystonemama

i am not sure if this has been mentioned....

Cozumel Moves to Eastern Time Zone

On February 1st, Quintana Roo will apply a new time change. According to information provided by the authorities, the time change will take place at two o'clock in the morning of February 1, 2015. That day the citizens in the State must advance the clock one hour to read three o'clock in the morning.

On December 4, 2014, in a session of the Chamber of Deputies in Mexico City, it was approved by an almost unanimous decision to apply the change of time zone which will govern the state of Quintana Roo. The reason for the change is in hopes that it will benefit tourism and activity planning of guests.

They are doing this to match Ship Time. Unfortunately it is only for the ships that are coming from the East.

Ships coming from TX will now be totally confused.

They were doing this because ships were getting there at 6:30 in the morning central time, so now the ship will be there at 7:30, and its better for the cruisers because things will be open.

The locals in Cozumel are NOT happy about this either. Many of them live in Cancun, and on the mainland, and commute via ferry to Cozumel. Now they will have to leave their homes at 5:30 to be on the island by 7:30

And as for those of us cruising from Texas. Ship time will be central time.

So now the ship will arrive at 6:30 ship time, it will be 7:30 Cozumel time, and then we get back on the ship at 4:30 Cozumel time, and all of a sudden it's 3:30 again when we leave for the next port.

I have jetlag just thinking about it.

Not sure how this will affect the tours that leave Cozumel and go over to Playa.

Edited by DrSch

I think it's a good thing since probably a majority of the cruises come from the east. I can remember arriving so early once that when we got off the ship it was still dark and the sun was just coming. :eek: That was the first time that ever happened. Thanks Carnival! :p