? About Luminae Construction on Equinox

RealDeal

I have caused many to respond to my posting since I asked Celebrity to give some time of Completion Date on the Equinox Suite Dining room. There has to be some sort of projected completion date if they have already started. Been in business too long to know that any project has Project Management and some sort of schedule.

Forget that I asked as it is some type of outlandish question.

I will see the status when I board on 2/23/15.

I am a Celebrity loyalist but it just amazes me the number of kool-aid drinkers that, regardless of the situation, think Celebrity is never wrong and anyone who dares bring up an issue has some kind of axe to grind or really never wanted to cruise in the first place. Geez.

I agree 100%. I make a few comments on Cruise Critic every few years, and if I dare express my opinion in a critical way, I get attacked by the resident cheerleaders. If these individuals are not paid by the cruise line directly or indirectly, then they really need to get a life. I'll see them on here again in a year or two. On to gainful things.

I agree 100%. I make a few comments on Cruise Critic every few years, and if I dare express my opinion in a critical way, I get attacked by the resident cheerleaders. If these individuals are not paid by the cruise line directly or indirectly, then they really need to get a life. I'll see them on here again in a year or two. On to gainful things.

Fully agree with your statement. Then you have the others that think they are the only ones that should be able to ask a question. Or those that should answer for Celebrity. LOL

I have caused many to respond to my posting since I asked Celebrity to give some time of Completion Date on the Equinox Suite Dining room. There has to be some sort of projected completion date if they have already started. Been in business too long to know that any project has Project Management and some sort of schedule.

Take a look at Arnos post #113... he was told that Luminae will be ready on 2/28

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163848&page=6

Back from the Equinox. ;)

The first night, our table for 2 was on the port side of the ship. We were stuck between a window and a table for 4. Close by was a table for 10. Both very loud tables!

The tables were so close together that our waitresses had to talk to us from behind our heads. The could not get between the tables to talk or serve us. It seemed very frustrating for them. :( We loved our waitresses and hated to request another table, but the table closest to us were non-speaking English and we felt trapped, cramped and left out.

Our new table assignment was on the starboard side and up against the separation wall for Luminae. The area was much more open and we could converse between ourselves with no problem. The table for 6 nearest us was from the US. We were much happier with the new assignment.

I have attached 2 photos of the divider wall. One taken from the central stairwell (Grand staircase) and the other in the foyer outside the entrances to the MDR. The later is between the foyer staircase and the Ladies room.

Our table was just beyond the long wall, where it curves around. There was a double door , with a combination lock, to the Luminae area about 6 feet from our table. You can barely see this in the first photo. We did see workmen going in and out a couple of times. Also, a couple of nights, we could smell a slight burning odor. On the next to last night, the head waiter went into the room a few times. He told us that the construction crew was inside, but they were not suppose to be there between the hours of 4:00 and midnight (while the dining room was being prepared and cleaned up before and after dinner times.) The Head Waiter was telling them to stop construction. I must note that we never heard a thing, but wondered about any crew areas below the construction and how they were affected. :rolleyes:

As for crowding in the Specialty dining...Yes, it was more crowded than usual, but we never had trouble making a reservation and noted that a couple of the venues were empty when we walked through the area.

Only complaint by ourselves and the wait staff was that along with Suite guest being allowed to eat for free in the Specialty dining, that also included children in those suites.:rolleyes:

We had a chatty little girl at a table next to us in Tuscan. My DH was disappointed as he wanted the evening to be romantic. :D When we inquired about the child, our waitress said that on the evening prior, they had a large group from a few suites (traveling together) and that 6-8 were children. Their parents put them at a table by themselves, while the adults sat nearby. However, the parents paid no attention to them and the children became quite unruly. So much so that a nearby couple left the restaurant mid-meal and asked for a refund. :eek: It was granted according to the waitress.

IMG_4963.jpg.48c3b6e3adf3a89bb441bb3cac4baf0e.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg.499d4c21e8da8a2cc645d7cdeb9be7b2.jpg

Iamthesea, thank you for the informative post. The walls you photographed appear to be temporary portion walls often used in construction projects where they are working within an existing facility. The real walls of luminae are being built behind those and it will be interesting to see the final product. These partition walls are designed to prevent smoke or construction dust/debris from entering the rest of the ship and also act as a fire wall in case of emergency.

Just off the Equinox on 2/13. We talked to the Ass't Maitre D Nebojsa in the main dining room. He said the Suites dining roomm will only be 88 seats. So the present construction area is probably larger than the completed restaurant will be. Also one of the chefs in a presentation mentioned that a "throwaway' room (his term) in the kitchen and a small part of the kitchen will be used to construct a new kitchen for the Suites dining room.

The present construction barrier did impact us getting to our table near the wine cellar. We had to weave thru the tables with other guests and dining room personnel. They did not line up the tables to make a clear path.

I thought that I mentioned that the wall was temporary. Anyway, we were able to see inside the doorway when the men were in and out. There was no other wall as of yet. ;) Considering the size of Blu, my bet is that the restaurant will not be much smaller than the temp wall.

We had to weave, also. Wasn't too hard to do unless a waiter was at a table taking orders already. We were usually right on time or a tad bit early, so most were walking in at the same time that we were. Where was your table and what seating time? We were also fairly close to the wine cellar.

I would really appreciate your thoughts when you return. Please come back with an update. Many Thanks!